‘The Black Screen’ is a kind error on the screen that occurs due to some in-built effectiveness in the system which can cause your system to shut down. Windows 10 Black Screen Without A Cursor is the most common error in context to Windows 10. Many people are complaining about it. Someone cannot just ignore it because this issue can damage your PC.
A Screen is like the eyes to the PC/Laptop. No one can see anything without it. A PC without the screen is useless so one has to take care of it. Whenever something goes wrong with the Laptop then the screen automatically turns black or it goes blank.
There is another case where the Cursor also gets disappear with the screen; if you are facing this problem then there is no need to panic. You can follow these methods to solve Windows 10 Black Screen Without A Cursor Error:
- RESTART YOUR COMPUTER: Whenever someone faces any problem related to computer then he/she is asked to restart the computer. For this, someone has to remove all the externally connected devices. Most the time this problem gets solved after restarting it, but if it doesn’t get cured then you have to try other methods.
- CONNECT DIFFERENT VIDEO OUTPUTS: You can try different video output options like HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination. Sometimes this method helps to get back the cursor. Any Process becomes a lot easier when the cursor comes back on the screen.
- INSERT THE DVD IN YOUR DEVICE AND RESTART THE HANDSET:
- Press F9 key.
- Pay attention and “press any key”.
- RESET YOUR PC: If you can’t repair your windows 10 even after trying all the tools, then you must follow all the steps that are mentioned below-
- Restart your files keeping your files, for that, Click start(window key)
- Go to settings and using the arrow keys go to ‘update and settings.’
- Then Select the recovery that will pop-up on left side of the screen.
- Click on ‘Reset this PC’
- Click on ‘get started’
- After that select ‘keep my file’ option.
These process will do their work. But don’t forget to choose the option ‘keep my files’ because if you will not choose this action your all files will get disappeared.
- BOOT YOUR PC WITH THE SAFE MODE BY USING NETWORKING: This kind of method includes network drivers and services where you need to access the internet or other computers on the same network. It is a little longer process but not at all complicated. To try this method, you should do maintain follow all these steps:
- Restart the device
- Wait for the sign-in screen to display, after that just hold down the SHIFT key while selecting the Power then Restart.
- After the computer restarts, go to the options screen and there choose Troubleshoot.
- Click ‘advanced option’
- Select ‘start-up settings’.
- Choose Restart from all the options.
- Once the system gets restart, many options will appear on your screen. Select 5 or f5 for the further procedure.
After reaching in a safe mode, you are ready to follow further steps. It will resolve your problem of the black screen without a cursor.
- Run SFC scan:
System file checker is usually used to check all protected systems and corrupted systems. This scan will help you to remove all the invalid files with correct Microsoft versions.
- Click on start
- Go to the search field box and type CMD
- Select command prompt
- Right click and select Run as Administrator
- Type sfc/scannow
- Press the enter key
- In the last, restart your PC.
- Run DISM tool:
DISM or Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool is the last option. If you are still getting this black screen problem, run DISM tool. This tool helps to resolve any Window corruption error when all other methods get fail.
To run DISM tool, one should follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Click on start
- In the search field, type CMD
- Click Command Prompt from the search box.
- Type DISM/Restore Health
After your PC gets repaired, reboot it and check is the issue dissolved or not. With this you are only left with the last few steps:
Once the above is sorted, you can proceed the other functions:
- Right click Task bar
- Then Select Task Manager
- On Startup tab, do disable everything until your installation gets stabilized.
- At last, restore only what you need including Windows.
Do the following to exit Safe Mode:
- Right click Start button
- Select Run
- Type ‘msconfig’
- A pop up will open
- Go to the Boot tab
- Deselect or uncheck Safe Boot option box
- Restart your computer
These methods are generally very useful but if you are still facing the problem then you must get your PC checked by an IT professional.