How To Troubleshoot Black Screen Issue In Internet Explorer
You are happily surfing the Internet. You try to open another web page on Internet Explorer and boom – all you get is a black screen that doesn’t even tell you the actual problem behind the cause. There’s nothing more frustrating than getting caught in a black screen of death with absolutely no error message at all.
Internet Explorer is the default browser for Windows PCs and is being used my millions of users worldwide. Many a times, users have complained of getting black screen while they were trying to browse the web using Internet Explorer. In you are one of those unhappy users, worry not. In this article, we’ll show you some of the manual ways to troubleshoot the issue. In case you need additional help, you can call us at our toll free helpline number +1-844-414-5222 and get in touch with our certified experts. They can quickly help you diagnose the root cause behind the problem and fix it for uninterrupted work and productivity.
Reasons behind Internet Explorer black screen issue
There could be multiple reasons behind Internet Explorer black screen issue. These include:
- A web page having conflict with the graphics processing unit (GPU)
- Conflict with third-party software add-ons and extensions
- Pending Windows updates
Fixing one or all of these issues can help you resolve the problem. Let’s see how to fix these issues one by one.
Resolution to the problem
Solution 1: Turn off hardware acceleration in Windows
A graphics processing unit (GPU) helps accelerate the creation and manipulation of images to improve user experience. Internet Explorer takes advantage of GPUs capabilities to speedily display images on the web. However, sometimes your computer’s graphics card is not powerful enough to render images at a speed requested by Internet Explorer, resulting in a conflict that eventually leads to black screen.
One of the best ways to fix the problem is by turning off the GPU rendering feature on your computer. To do this,
- Click on Windows Start button and go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Internet Options and open Internet Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab to open the Settings folder.
- Now under Accelerated Graphics, turn on ‘Use software rendering’ instead of ‘GPU rendering’ by checking the box. This will automatically turn off Graphics Processing Unit rendering.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
- Restart your computer. Launch Internet Explorer and check if the issue has been resolved.
Still facing the same problem? Follow Solution 2.
Solution 2: Check for pending Windows Updates
A pending Windows update or a security patch could also be one of the main culprits behind Internet Explorer black screen issue as it may cause incompatibility issues with new features. Therefore, it is always a good idea to check for all the pending updates before proceeding with any other type of troubleshooting step. For installing all the latest Windows 7 updates,
- Click on Start.
- In the Search box, type update.
- In the list of results, click Windows Update.
- Now in the details pane, click on Check for updates, and allow Windows to search for all the latest updates for your computer.
- Click on the message to check all the updates available for install.
- Select all the updates that you want to install and click OK.
- Then click Install updates to initiate the process.
Solution 3: Uninstall or remove add-ons and extensions from your IE browser
Add-ons and extensions help enhance and modify the interface and behavior of web browsers. But they can also interact and interfere with web content like videos and games and cause performance problems. This may lead to the slow performance of your browser or cause black screen errors. To fix the problem, you need to turn-off/ disable specific add-ons from the list that might be causing black screen issue in Internet Explorer. For this,
- Go to Internet Explorer and click on Tools.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Now from the Show drop-down menu, select All add-ons.
- Select all the latest add-on that you have installed and select Disable
- Select Close.
Once you have disabled all the required add-ons, open IE to check if the issue has been resolved.
Still need help?
Unable to fix the issue following the above-mentioned resolution steps? Well, then you need expert help to resolve the black screen issue in Internet Explorer. Get in touch with us and we can help you get rid of the problem in no time. Call +1-844-414-5222 to connect with our certified technicians who can help you evaluate the real reason behind the problem and help you resolve it to perfection. They assure guaranteed first call resolution of all issues. Our tech experts are available 24X7, 365 days a year to help you make the most of technology.