Did you recently purchase the Canon Pixma tr4522 printer and are eager to set it up? Do it with us!
The blog enlightens you about a number of ways to set up the Canon Pixma TR4522 printer. In addition, we will learn to install Canon TR4522 drivers, scan documents, and replace Canon TR4522 ink cartridges if required in the future.
- Get Started with Canon TR4522 Setup
- How to Proceed with Canon Pixma TR4522 Setup?
- Method 1: Canon Pixma TR4522 Setup with USB Cable
- Method 2: Canon TR4522 Wireless Setup
- Method 3: Canon Pixma TR4522 Setup with LAN Connection
- How to Scan on Canon Pixma TR4522?
Get Started with Canon TR4522 Setup
Before moving forward to set up the Canon printer TR4522, you need to install the compatible Canon TR4522 manual and driver on your computer. Print Driver works as the medium between your computer and printer. It helps to communicate well with print operations.
So firstly, we will know from where and how to install the Canon printer Pixma TR4522 manual and driver.
Note: Canon TR4522 driver can be downloaded for Windows and Mac computers.
Download IJ Start Canon TR4522 Driver for Windows
TR4522 Canon drivers can be downloaded and installed on all Windows versions from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
For the print driver installation process, you need to ensure that your Windows computer is connected to the internet. Then, you can follow these steps:
- Browse the manufacturer’s website.
- Download the driver setup file.
- Go to the location where the file is saved on your PC.
- Double-click on the .exe file to decompress it.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver file.
Related Topic: IJ Start Canon TR4500 Setup: A Complete Guide
Download Canon TR4522 Driver for Mac
The TR4522 Canon drivers can also be downloaded and installed on Mac OS X v10.10 to Mac OS X v10.14 operating systems. Follow these steps to install print drivers on Mac.
- Visit the Manufacturer’s website.
- Download the print driver setup file.
- Go to the location where the setup file is downloaded.
- Double click on the downloaded file. Then, mount it on Disk Image.
- Now, double-click on the setup files in order to open it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the setup file successfully.
After installing the Canon TR4522 manual and drivers, you can proceed with the Canon Office Pixma TR4522 set up procedure.
How to Proceed with Canon Pixma TR4522 Setup?
As mentioned earlier, there are different ways to set up the Canon printer TR4522. These methods allow you to connect your printer based on the following connections.
- USB Connection
- Wireless Connection
- LAN Connection
By following any of the three convenient ways, you can easily set up your Canon printer. Now, we will go through these three methods with a step-by-step guide.
Method 1: Canon Pixma TR4522 Setup with USB Cable
Using the USB cable is the simplest method to set up the Canon Pixma TR4522 printer. All you have to make sure that your computer has the relevant print drivers.
After the driver installation, the software may prompt you to select the connection method. At this stage, you can choose the USB connection.
Thereafter, you can put the Canon Pixma TR4520 USB cable to both your PC and Canon printer. This will help you to establish the connection. Lastly, you can check to print a test page if your printer is working well with the USB connection.
Method 2: Canon TR4522 Wireless Setup
In this method, we will use a wireless connection for the Canon printer setup. All you have to make sure that your TR4522 Canon printer is powered on. After that, follow these steps instructed below.
Note: The steps for the Canon Pixma TR4522 setup can be slightly different for Windows and Mac. Look below to know more.
Canon TR4522 Wireless Setup for Windows
- Press the “Setup” button on the printer “Control Panel”.
Note: If your printer displays “Follow the instructions” screen then press the “Stop” button. Then, press the “Setup” button.
- Select the “Wi-Fi setup option with the help of arrow keys.
- Press the “OK” button to validate the actions.
- Choose the “WPS” option from the “Wi-Fi” setup menu.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Now, move to the wireless router and find the “WPS” button to press it for a few seconds.
- Press the “OK” button within those 2 minutes.
- When you see the prompt, press the “OK” button again.
- Now, touch the “Copy” button to finish the wireless connection process.
- Then, launch the driver installation and finish the printer installation.
Canon TR4522 Wireless Setup for Mac
- Power on your printer.
- Press the “Menu” or “Wireless Connect” button when your printer is active.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you don’t have the driver setup file based on your OS version then download it from the manufacturer’s website.
- Then, follow the prompts that appear on your screen to complete the wireless setup for your printer.
Method 3: Canon Pixma TR4522 Setup with LAN Connection
Using a Wireless Direct connection, you can connect your Canon printer with Wi-Fi compatible devices. To use this method, all you have to do is change Printer Settings. Let’s know how to do it.
- Power on your Canon printer.
- Launch the “Setup” menu on the “Control Panel”.
- Go to “Device Settings” and click “OK”.
- Now, click on “LAN Settings” and click “OK”.
- Here, select the “Wireless Direct” option from the “LAN Settings” menu.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Now, select “Switch WL Direct” and click “OK”.
- Then, hit the “Yes” button then “OK”.
- When you see the “Wireless Router Info” on your screen, choose “Done” and click the “OK” button.
This will enable the Wireless Direct feature on your printer. Then, you can connect the Five devices together. If you connect the Sixth device, an arrow might show up.
How to Scan on Canon Pixma TR4522?
Canon Pixma TR4522 printer can be used to scan documents. If you want to learn how to scan on Canon Pixma TR4522 then you can follow these steps.
- Power on your printer. Make sure that your printer connection setup is done.
- Now, open the scanner lid and place your documents that need to be scanned on the Platen.
Then, you can enable the “IJ Scan Utility” app on your PC. For that, you can follow these steps mentioned below.
- On your Windows 10 computer, click on the “Start” menu.
- Click on “All app”, go to “Canon Utilities”, and choose “IJ Scan Utility”.
If you are a Windows 7 user, then follow these steps.
- On your Windows 7 computer, click on the “Start” menu.
- Click on “All Programs”, go to “Canon Utilities”, and choose “IJ Scan Utility”.
Then, you can click on the “Auto” option to enable the IJ Scan Utility. This will start the scan process and you can wait until the scan operation is completed.
Canon Pixma TR4522 Ink Cartridges Setup
There are instances when your ink cartridges need to be replaced. This action should be done delicately as it can affect the printing operation. Let’s know the most comfortable procedure for the Canon Pixma TR4522 ink Cartridges setup.
Remember: Before moving on to set up the Canon TR4522 ink, you need to keep a few things into consideration which are as follows.
- Never touch the electrical contacts, e.g., the print head nozzles on the ink cartridge. If you touch it, the print machine may stop printing.
- The print machine (from inside) may be stained with ink. So, be careful when you replace or reseat the ink cartridge as it may stain your hands.
- Never stop the ink cartridge holder when it moves. Also, never try to move the ink cartridge holder forcefully.
- Never touch the metallic or other parts inside the printing machine.
- Discard the empty cartridges.
To reseat or replace the ink for Canon TR4522, you can follow these steps instructed below.
- To Canon Pixma TR4522 ink, power on the printer.
- Now, open the front cover. This will open up the paper output tray.
- Take out the paper in the cassette.
- Open the paper output cover.
- Here, the ink cartridge holder will move to its replacement position. Make sure that you do not touch the holder until it stops properly.
- Push down the cartridge until it sounds like a click.
- Now, take out the ink cartridge and take the one you want to install. Make sure you remove the protective tap gently from the ink cartridge package.
- Now, insert the ink cartridge into the cartridge holder.
- If it’s a color cartridge, it moves to the left. If it’s a back cartridge, it should move to the right.
Note: Make sure the cartridge does not touch the electrical contacts when you install it.
- Lastly, push the ink cartridge in and up until it fits the place.
Note: Check if the ink cartridge is installed correctly. Make sure it evenly lines up with other cartridges. If both the cartridges do not line up properly, then the printer will not be able to work.
- Now, close the paper output cover and start printing.
This is how you can easily replace or reseat ink cartridge on your Canon printer. Then you can print your documents.
Setting up the Canon printer is easy. You can set up your printer using three different connections such as USB, Wireless, and LAN connection. However, you need to make sure that your operating system has a compatible Canon Pixma TR4522 manual and driver installed on it. In this setup guide, we have discussed these three methods for the Canon Office Pixma TR4522 setup procedure.
Apart from this, we taught how you can scan your documents on your printer. And, if in the future, you need to set up the Canon TR4522 ink cartridge, this setup guide has all the important details.
Would you like to read more such guides? Check out this guide for Canon Printer Troubleshooting. It’s a must-read!