A Canon Printer Troubleshooting Guide. Solutions to 8 Most Common Problems
Canon is one of the most popular printer companies in the world. The brand offers a wide range of printer devices including inkjet, laser, all in one and wifi printers among others. However, as it happens to other brands as well, many Canon printer patrons complain of recurring issues that can be resolved by effective Canon printer troubleshooting.
Canon printer troubleshooting is an ideal way of dealing with these issues. This is why we have got you this Canon printer troubleshooting guide right here. It enlists key solutions for some of the most common problems faced by Canon printer users. So without wasting any more of your precious time, let’s dive straight into it.
Printer won’t start
This is one of the most common issues that you can easily fix with the help of this Canon printer troubleshooting guide. Here’s how:
- Make sure that all the cables are attached securely to your Canon printer and that there are no bends or curls in them. A loose cable is one of the main reasons why a printer might not start.
- Another possible solution is to remove all the cables from the printer, wait for a couple of minutes and reattach them. It helps restart the printer after doing this for the best results.
Printer won’t Print
One of the main reasons many users choose the Canon printer troubleshooting guide is when their printer won’t print. Here’s what you can do to fix it:
- If your printer does not print then too you should check if all the cables are connected to your printer. If you are not sure then remove all the cables and reattach them securely.
- If you see a flashing light then it means that your printer is still starting up. You should wait till the light stops flashing and then try to start the print job again. This usually happens when you try to print a large number of documents and your system is unable to process such a big load all at once.
- Make sure that the front tray is in its proper place.
- If the printer won’t print when you are trying to print a large number of documents then you should try and print all the documents in small batches instead of printing them all at once. This is one easy way for Canon printer troubleshooting.
Printouts are not clear
This is another frustrating problem that prompts users to try Canon printer troubleshooting steps. Some possible solutions for solving this issue are listed below:
- Make sure that the ‘media type settings’ correspond to the size of the paper that you are using. If they do no match then use the paper that is compatible with the settings and your printer type.
- Check your printer driver and make sure that the print quality is set to the highest level possible. If you had chosen a lower print quality then you will get uneven or even blurred print outs.
Problems with the ink
Looking for a Canon printer troubleshooting guide for the problems related to the ink? Here’s how you can fix this problem:
- Make sure that there is enough ink in your cartridge or that it is not empty. Incase your cartridge is empty, replace it with a new one and you will not face any issues.
- You should also check if the ink cartridge is securely placed in its slot. If it is not installed properly then remove and place it in its slot properly.
- Sometimes the nozzles of the cartridge get clogged. If that is the case then clean the nozzles and now you will get clearer prints.
Printing is very slow
Slow printing could also make you want to troubleshoot your Canon printer. Go through the following:
If your printer is printing very slowly then this might be because you have set it to print in the highest quality setting. The only solution is to lower print quality. This solution will not only speed up the time it takes to print but you will also save your ink and toner. You can also skip the graphics of documents to speed up the printing.
Paper jam Issues
Paper jam issues are also very common. This is how you can fix it:
If you are facing paper jams then you should turn off your printer, remove all the cables and gently try to remove the stuck paper. Make sure not to touch the rail or film of the printer. Also, note that there should be slips of paper left in the printer before resuming printing again.
Frequent no paper alerts even when there is paper in the tray
Does no paper alert despite the tray being full? Here’s what you can do:
Sometimes you will get no paper alerts even when there is paper in the tray. This might happen if there is a foreign object stuck in the printer or the tray. To solve this Canon printer troubleshooting issue, turn off your printer, remove all the cables and try to gently dislodge the paper that might be stuck in the tray. This error might also occur if the papers are not loaded properly. Make sure that the paper is aligned in the tray and that you use the paper that is as per the specifications of your printer. This error might also occur if the paper is bent, crumpled or too thick for the printer. Make sure that the paper that you use is of pristine quality.
This is how you can fix this problem:
If you are getting incomplete prints then it might because you are printing a large number of documents or if they are graphically heavy. If your printer is running continuously for a long time then you might get incomplete prints. To solve this error make sure to turn off your printer from time to time so that it can cool down.
Please note that the aforementioned solutions will also work on Canon mg3500, Canon mp 610, Canon mp990, Canon mx340, and Canon mg2922 printer models.
If the above-mentioned solutions don’t work out for you then you can reach out to us through email or telephone and will solve all your queries. Please note that if you need help to resolve Canon support code b200 or Canon printer error 6000 then you can reach out to us.