Have you been worrying that your Canon printer says offline and also hampers your work? Canon printer offline troubleshooting is quite easy for us. And since the error has been bothering you a lot, we have decided to share our perfectly working solutions to give you the best Canon printer offline support.
This blog will present to you multiple causes of Canon printer offline to understand what exactly is the problem with your printing device. Then we will give you 13 different Canon printer offline fixes followed by clear instructions. We will also tell you what to do when Canon printer is offline on Windows 8, Windows 10, and Mac.
Why is My Canon Printer Offline?
“Why does my Canon printer say offline?” Is this what you have been thinking too? It may be helpful for you to know that there can be several causes of why your Canon printer says offline. In this part of the blog, we will tell you 4 causes of Canon printer offline among which the most usual one is the faulty network. Sometimes, your network connection may not be working appropriately. At other times, it may be working fine but the connection may not have been made correctly.
The second cause of the Canon printer offline error is the option of “Use printer offline” in your system. When this option has been enabled, it may pause the printing status or make your printer offline. A printer driver not being installed correctly can be the third cause of this error. In addition to that, your device can be offline when the printer driver has been installed but is not the latest one.
My Canon Printer is Offline, What to Do?
We just read the possible causes of why does Canon printer say offline. Now, we will look at the 13 different Canon printer offline fixes.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 1
Reconnect Device to Wi-Fi
Is your Canon printer offline but connected to wifi? An easy fix for this kind of Canon printer offline error is to reconnect the device to the wifi router. Below we have shown the 5 steps to reconnect it.
1. Locate the wifi button on your Canon printer and press it.
2. Keep holding it until the wifi light begins to blink.
3. When you see the wifi light blinking blue repeatedly, press the WPS button of the router.
4. While the available networks are being searched and getting connected to the access points, the light will keep blinking.
5. Once the device gets connected, the light will stay on.
Using this procedure, you will be able to bring your Canon printer offline to online quickly.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 2
Restart Print Spooler
When you receive the “Canon printer is offline” message, you can clear it by restarting the print spooler service. For those of you wondering what print spooler is, let us tell you that this service is responsible for managing print jobs given to the printing device.
Learn how to restart the print spooler service in 11 steps.
1. On your system, press the “Windows” key together with the “R” key to open the “Run” dialog box.
2. Now, type “services.msc” in “Run” and hit the “Enter” key.
3. A window with numerous services will open up. Tap on any service and press the “P” key.
4. Keep holding the key and the “Print spooler” will get highlighted.
5. Next, you have to right-click on the “Print Spooler” service and select “Properties”.
6. Then, go to the “General” tab. Under the “Service status”, find and click the option “Stop” and then press “Ok”.
7. The service will get temporarily disabled. Now, you have to remove the printer files. For this, visit the “Windows Explorer” and go to “C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS”.
8. Click on “Continue” in case you are prompted for permission.
9. Next, select and remove all the files and then close the window.
10. Once again open the “General” tab and click on “Start”.
11. Change the “Startup type” of the print spooler to “Automatic” and click “Ok”.
12. The final step is to reboot your system.
13. The “Canon printer is offline” message will have been cleared by now.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 3
Disable Use Printer Offline Option
When your Canon printer appears offline, you can use this helpful fix of disabling the option of “Use Printer Offline” to bring it back to the online printing status.
This procedure is only 7 steps long.
1. Press the “Start” button of your system’s keyboard and then click on “Control Panel”.
2. Find and click on “Hardware and Sound”.
3. The next step is to click on “Devices and Printers”.
4. Now, right-click on your Canon printer and choose the option of “See what’s printing”.
5. After this, click on “Printer”. In the drop-down menu, you will find the option of “Use printer offline”. Uncheck it.
6. Then click on “Cancel all documents”.
7. Now reconnect your Canon printer and give a print command to ensure that the Canon printer offline error has been fixed.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 4
Update Printer Driver
Updating the printer driver has shown to be effective for Canon printer offline troubleshooting. So, in this fix, we will tell you how to update the Canon printer driver in 6 steps.
1. On your system, press the “Windows” key and the “R” key.
2. When the “Run” dialog box gets opened, type “msc” and then press the “Enter” key.
3. Then, go to the “Device Manager” and open the sub-menu “Print queues”.
4. Right-click on the printer hardware and then select the option “Update driver”.
5. You will be prompted with the question “How do you want to search for drivers?” Select the option “Browse my computer for driver software” to continue.
6. After the Canon printer driver has been updated, you have to reboot your system.
Quick Note: For those of you who want to update the printer driver manually, select the option of “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 5
Uncheck SNMP Status Enabled Option
SNMP or the Simple Network Management Protocol is helpful in collecting the information from printers and then managing them. Disabling the option of “SNMP status enabled” can be a great fix when your Canon printer says offline.
If you don’t know how to change Canon printer status from offline to online, then you can have a look at these 5 quick steps given here.
1. Find the Canon printer device icon and right-click on it.
2. Select “Properties” and then click on “Ports”.
3. The next step is to tap “Configure Port”.
4. Now, you will see “SNMP status enabled” and a checkbox beside it. Uncheck it and then press “Ok”.
5. After the change gets applied, close this window. The error will have been settled by now.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 6
Reinstall Printer Software
We have found out that the users who often report that their Canon printer keeps going offline have gained success in doing away with the error by performing the Canon printer software reinstall procedure.
Know the 4 steps to reinstall the Canon printer software like a pro.
1. The basic step is to press the “Windows” key together with the “R” key on your keyboard.
2. When the “Run” dialog box gets launched, type in “devmgmt.msc” and tap “Ok”.
3. Under “Print Queues”, you will find your printing device. Right-click on the device and then select “Uninstall device”.
4. Now, go to the official website of Canon and download the printer software again.
This fix makes up for great Canon printer offline support. Surely, the error will have been settled by now.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 7
Reset Offline Printer
When your Canon printer says offline, let us tell you that your Canon printer is offline but connected to your system. So, you can easily put an end to the error by resetting it.
This fix requires you to do the following 5 steps.
1. Press the power button of your Canon printer for some time. Your device will shut down.
2. Alternatively, you can also detach the power cable from your Canon printer.
3. After a while, turn on your printer by holding the power button or by plugging in the power cable.
4. Allow the device to reboot.
5. Give a print command to check whether the error persists.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 8
Set Device to Default
Is your Canon printer offline but plugged in? Sometimes, your printer may be connected to your computer but may not be set as the default printer. This is one reason why your Canon printer appears offline. Setting it as a default printer can be an easy fix for this problem.
Here, we will tell you how to make your Canon printer as the default printing device in Windows and on Mac.
Procedure for Windows Users:
Check out the 3 steps to set Canon as the default printer in Windows.
1. Press on the “Start” button on your system’s keyboard.
2. Go to “Devices and Printers”.
3. Right-click on your Canon printer and then select the option “Set as default printer”.
Procedure for Mac Users:
The following are the 4 steps to set Canon as the default printer on Mac.
1. In the top left corner of your system’s screen, locate and tap the “Apple” icon.
2. Next, click on ‘System Preferences”.
3. Then, tap on “Printers & Scanners”.
4. In the sidebar, right-click on your Canon printer and choose “Set as default printer”.
It will be useful to give a test print when both the procedures are complete.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 9
Perform Network Reset
In case you are wondering why “my Canon wireless printer is offline?”, you will be happy to know that performing a network reset can be an awesome Canon wireless printer offline fix.
This fix can be done in just 4 steps.
1. Connect your printer directly to your computer via a working USB cable.
2. Head on to the control panel of your pinter.
3. Initiate “Network Reset” with the help of the network setup wizard via the panel.
4. Now, perform the “Wireless Setup Wizard” which will connect your device to the network.
This Canon printer offline wireless solution can settle the error in much less time.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 10
Canon Printer Offline Windows 8
Go with the 5 short steps given below to fix the offline printing status in Windows 8:
1. Select “Settings” from the Desktop charms.
2. Choose “Control Panel”.
3. Click on “Hardware and Sound”.
4. Now, tap on “Devices and Printers”.
5. Right click on your device’s icon and choose “Use Printer Offline.”
Canon Printer Offline Fix 11
Canon Printer Offline Windows 10
In this section, we will tell you about the Canon printer offline fix windows 10 in 4 effortless steps:
1. Ensure that you are using the correct Canon printer software.
2. Manually set your printer to be online by clicking on the “Control Panel” and then selecting “Device Manager”. Then click on the “Printer” option and turn on the online mode.
3. Now go to “Start” and run the “Troubleshooting Tool”. Allow the whole system to be scanned. Any issues found will be automatically fixed.
4. In case your printer is not updated, open “Run”, key in “msc”, open the sub-menu “Print queues”, then right-click on “Printer hardware”, and select “Update driver”.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 12
Canon Printer Offline Mac
Here we will focus on how to change printer from offline to online Canon Mac by resetting the printing system.
Check the 7-step procedure shown below.
1. Press the “Apple Menu” and select “System Preferences.”
2. Click on “Scan & Printing” under the Hardware section.
3. Click on the printer list to view it. Now, a menu will pop up. Tap “Reset Printing System”.
4. You will be asked to confirm that your Mac is connected to the Canon printer, either wired or wirelessly.
5. Next, go to “Apple Menu”, click on “System Preferences”, and then tap “Scan & Print”.
6. Click on the “+” symbol to add your printer to Mac.
7. Pick the device from the list and press “Add”. The software will be downloaded and installed by Mac. Your printer will now be online.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 13
Canon MG3600 Printer Offline
Resolve the Canon MG3600 printer offline error by following the 6 steps given in this section:
1. First, ensure that your Canon MG3600 printer is powered on and displays no error on its screen. In case it is in the sleep mode then wake up the device.
2. Connect your printer to your computer using a USB cable or via a wifi connection.
3. Make your Canon MG3600 printer as the default printing device. For this, press the “Windows” key and go to the “Control Panel. Click on “Devices and Printers” and then right-click the printer icon. Choose the option of “Set as default printer”.
4. Clear away all the documents to be printed from the print queue. For this, right-click on the icon of your Canon printer and press “See what’s printing”. Select “Printer” and then click on “Cancel all documents.”
5. Now, check the status of your Canon MG3600 printer by clicking on its icon. Then go to “See what’s printing”, select “Printer” and uncheck “Use printer offline”. If the status is paused, go to “See what’s printing” again and choose “Printer”. Then uncheck “Pause printing”.
6. Lastly, remove any additional copy of the Canon MG3600 printer icon.
Canon Printer Offline Fix and Compatible Models
You can use the solutions given in this blog for the models of Canon MG printer series listed below:
|Canon MG2500 Printer||Canon MG2900 Printer||Canon MG3022 Printer||Canon MG3200 Printer||Canon MG3500 Printer|
|Canon MG3600 Printer||Canon MG4200 Printer||Canon MG4250 Printer||Canon MG5200 Printer||Canon MG5420 Printer|
|Canon MG5600 Printer||Canon MG6300 Printer||Canon MG7500 Printer|
The fixes can resolve the error in the following models of the Canon MX printer series:
|Canon MX320 Printer||Canon MX350 Printer||Canon MX420 Printer||Canon MX450 Printer||Canon MX452 Printer|
|Canon MX490 Printer||Canon MX492 Printer||Canon MX870 Printer||Canon MX920 Printer||Canon MX922 Printer|
The Canon printer offline fixes can be helpful for these models as well:
|Canon MB2700 Printer||Canon MF210 Printer||Canon MP495 Printer||Canon MP620 Printer|
To Wrap it All up
From multiple causes to numerous solutions, we told you everything about the Canon printer offline error in this blog. We hope you found our set of instructions easy to follow. In case you are also looking for such great solutions to fix the Canon support code B200 error or the Canon printer error 6000, you will find the assistance right here.
Stay connected with us. We have more informative stuff coming up soon!