Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
There’s no doubt that Epson printers are one of the best printers available in the market. But, even the best of technologies are prone to issues and error messages that can render your machine non-functional. If you are using Epson printer for a long time, then one error message that you might face while using the machine is Epson printer error code 0x97.
This is a common error message that users often face while the machine and is instead a warning message that there is a problem with the internal hardware. It could mean a complete motherboard failure or problem with other internal parts of the printer, and requires a quick fix.
In this article we’ll show you some simple ways to troubleshoot Error Code 0x97. You can also dial Epson printer support number and seek expert assistance from the certified technicians who can help you identify the root cause behind the 0x97 error code and give you expert resolution to the problem in minimum wait time possible.
Ways to fix Epson Error Code 0x97
Solution 1: Unplug and Plug-in your Epson Printer
- When this error message appears, turn off your printer and unplug the power cord.
- Also, unplug all connected cables.
- Unplug the USB drivers and remove all printer cartridges.
- With printer still turned off, press down the Power button to release all the remaining current in the printer.
- Plug in all the cables and USB.
- Reinstall printer cartridges and turn the power on.
- Confirm if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 2: Unplug and plug in (This is an advance technique)
- Turn off your Epson printer and unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect all cables and USB drivers.
- Wait for 5 minutes for printer to cool down.
- Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds.
- After 60 seconds, with power button still pressed, plug in the power cord and hold the power button for another 60 seconds.
- Release the power button and check if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 3: Clean Mechanic Pad
- Turn the printer off and unplug it.
- Remove the printer cover and casing.
- With a wet tissue and warm water, wipe out the cleaning pad.
- Leave the wet tissue on the pad for a few minutes and then remove it.
- Let the cleaning pad dry completely.
- Now plug in the power cord and turn on the printer.
- Check if the error still persists.
Here is the step by step solution to clean clogged Epson print head nozzles:
Solution 4: Try cleaning Head & Nozzle of your Epson Printer:
This should fix the error code 0x97 issue on your epson printer. In case all these methods fail, your Epson printer might be facing complex internal hardware failure and its resolution needs expert technical assistance. Dial our toll free Epson printer helpline number 1-844-851-9487 and we’ll give you comprehensive help and support to resolve the issue and will help you get going.