A double spaced document is easier to read and understand. If you often work on Google Docs and want to know how to double space on Google Docs app then you are at the right platform.
How to Double Space on Google Docs on Computer?
Is the ‘how to double space on Google Docs on computer?’ question haunting you? Then don’t just let it bother you as it is super easy.
You can follow two options to add double space in your documents. Let us understand these two options one by one.
Use Toolbar in Google Docs
Below are the steps to make double space on Google Docs on your computer:
- To get started, you can log in to your Google Docs account and open the document in which you want to add the double space.
- Now, you need to select the text by dragging the mouse across the text. If you want to add double space in the whole document then you can simply use Ctrl + A key on your keyboard.
- Once you are done highlighting the desired text, you can go to select the Line spacing icon available in the above toolbar.
- Here, you can click on the Double option in order to add the double space in the document.
Use Format Menu in Google Docs
Besides using the Line spacing icon in the toolbar, you can also use the Format tab to add double space. If you want to learn how to make something double spaced on Google Docs using the Format menu then you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- As the first step, you can log in to your Google Docs account and open the document in which you want to add the double space.
- Then, you can go to select the Format option available in the above menu bar.
- After this, you can click on the Line Spacing option.
- At this point, you will see the Double option on which you can click. This will apply the double space in your document.
How to Double Space on Google Docs on Your Phone?
The following steps will answer your ‘how to double space in Google Docs on iPad’ and ‘how to double space in Google Docs on iPhone’ question along with Android devices:
- On your iPhone, Android, or iPad, you need to open the Google Docs app.
- If you are not logged in, you can log in to your Google Docs account using your Gmail account.
- Once done, open the document in which you want to add the double space.
- Now, you can tap the Edit option located at the right bottom of your screen.
- Here, you will have to select the text. For that, you can double-tap on the text and drag it to highlight the document.
- After this, you can tap the Formatting icon (“A” icon) with horizontal lines. It should be located on the top right of your screen.
- This will show you the Text and Paragraph tab. Here, you can tap on Paragraph.
- At this point, you can tap the Line Spacing option and add the space more than 1.15 based on your preference.
- When you are done applying the double space, you can tap the Check Mark located on the top in order to save your changes in the document.
It is as simple as that. These steps can be applied to double space Google Docs on mobile such as iPhone and Android.
How to Double Space on Google Docs App using Default Option?
In Google Docs you can add double space using the default option. This will prevent you from adding double space repeatedly. This is how you can do it:
- On your internet web browser, you can launch the Google Docs web app.
- Then, you can open the document and highlight the text portion in which you want to add the double space.
- In the next step, you can select the Normal Text in the toolbar.
- This will show you the menu. Here, you can select the arrow located next to the Normal Text option.
- At this stage, you will get two options; “Update ‘Normal text’ to match” and Apply ‘Normal text’”. You can select the Update ‘Normal text’ option. This will add the double space for all new documents in Google Docs by default.
So if you want to learn how to make something double spaced on Google Docs with a default feature, the above-mentioned steps will help you.
Adding a double space in your Google Docs document is easy. All you need to do is adjust the line spacing settings in Google Docs account. You can perform these aforementioned steps in a Google Docs web app as well as a mobile app.