Your HP printer is an electronic device that may stop working sometimes despite its astonishing features. HP printer attention required is a common error that you can encounter while you are in the midst of scanning or printing a document. Though there can be several causes of this issue, it is important to get your HP printer fixed.
It should be noted that the settings of your computer and HP printer may get changed or become incorrect. Then it will be likely for this printing error to emerge. So, you may see the attention required error on your printing device’s display. On different series such as HP OfficeJet, DeskJet, laserJet, Wireless, and Envy Printers, this error can be encountered. Using the Control Panel as well as Programs and Features on your Windows system, such an error can be cleared. If you are specifically using a Windows 10 system for printing via your HP printer, then the updates can be installed for the OS for removing this error.
For knowing more ways to fix this error on your HP printer, you can rely on our assistance.
- What does Attention Required Mean on HP Printers?
- Troubleshooting the HP Printer Requires Attention Message
- Fix 1: Run Troubleshooting on Your HP Printer
- Fix 2: Try Updating the HP Printer Driver
- Fix 3: Run HP Print and Scan Doctor Application
- Fix 4: Create a TCP/IP Port via Control Panel
- Fix 5: Launch in-built Troubleshooter from Computer Settings
- Fix 6: Install Updates for Windows
- Fix 7: Remove and Reinstall HP Printer Driver from Programs and Features
- Fix 8: Disable the Protection Mode Using Internet Explorer
- Fixing Printer Attention Required on HP OfficeJet, DeskJet, Envy, LaserJet, & Wireless Printers
- How can I Fix the HP OfficeJet 3830 Attention Required Error on Windows 10?
- Fix 1: Remove Printer Spooler Files and Clean Spooler Service on Windows 10
- HP Printer Models to Which Our Fixes can be Applied
What does Attention Required Mean on HP Printers?
An error message stating that attention is required on your HP printer usually suggests that some settings on your device or computer may be problematic. The message could also indicate that you are required to make changes to these settings. For as long as the HP DeskJet, HP LaserJet, HP OfficeJet, or HP Envy attention required message isn’t cleared, printing may be difficult.
Troubleshooting the HP Printer Requires Attention Message
The troubleshooting option in Windows computers can be preferred for fixing the status of your HP printer when it indicates that attention is required. You can also check that your machine’s driver is updated. On finding that your printer says attention required on HP even now, you can download the Print and Scan Doctor application. Running this app will eliminate the causes of this error.
In the sub-sections shown below, you can find more fixes for mending the HP printer’s status. The directions relating to the same can also be found.
Fix 1: Run Troubleshooting on Your HP Printer
Receiving the error of printer attention required on HP can be settled by implementing the troubleshooting feature. This feature can be used via a Windows computer. In the Start Menu, you can type Printer. From the results, pick Find and Fix Problems. Choose Advanced and opt for Automatically Apply Repairs. With the assistance of administrator’s rights, you will be able to start repairing the attention required issue on your device.
- Turn on your computer or any other device that you are using.
- Next, press the “Windows” button on your system’s keyboard.
- The third step is to type “Printer” in the search box.
- Hit “Enter”.
- Now, a list of options will appear on the screen. Select the option of “Find and Fix Problems”.
- On clicking this option, another list will appear. You have to look for the “Advanced” option in the menu.
- The next step is to choose “Automatically Apply Repairs”.
- Press “Run as Admin”.
- Now, click on “Next” and pick the name of your printing machine.
- The next step is to confirm to continue.
After these steps have been applied, you will be able to start a test. The test will further guide you in settling the issue on your HP printer.
Fix 2: Try Updating the HP Printer Driver
Having an outdated driver for your HP printer can result in certain common errors. Seeing an error message that your device requires attention may be resulting due to the same. Updating the driver of your HP printer should work as a reliable resolving measure.
To update your HP printing machine, push the Windows key for entering the Start Menu. Find and open the Device Manager using this menu. Via the Device Manager, look for your machine’s name and update its driver software.
This fix to resolve the attention required printer HP problem comprises 9 steps. To know each one of them, you can read further.
- Keep your PC on.
- Now, tap the “Windows” key.
- Type “Device Manager” in the “Search Box” and then hit “Enter”.
- A list of options will appear before you. Find the option of “Device Manager” and then click on it.
- You will find a list. Find your printer’s name for updating its driver. Right-click on the name.
- Select the option of “Update Driver Software” from the list.
- The next step is to select “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software”.
- Now, you will be able to see a set of instructions on your screen.
- An installation process will now take place. You will be required to wait patiently until this process gets completed.
Fix 3: Run HP Print and Scan Doctor Application
The HP Print and Scan Doctor application has been identified for troubleshooting numerous printing problems. Coming across an instance in which your HP printer requires attention can demand the usage of such an application. The main site of HP printers can provide you with the Print and Scan Doctor application. You can download it from its Home Page and install it later. Start running the application. Then make use of the received instructions for continuing.
The set of directions presented below can guide you better in executing this measure:
- Go to the official website of HP printers.
- From the “Home Page”, choose “HP Print and Scan Doctor”.
- Download this application on your system.
- You will be required to install it in your system.
- Run the application afterward.
- Follow the set of instructions received by you for further using the application.
Fix 4: Create a TCP/IP Port via Control Panel
Based on the observation of some users, setting up a manual errorsdoc
for HP printers can prevent problems of multiple kinds. Therefore, when the printer status says attention required on HP, you can manually create a TCP or IP port via the Control Panel on your Windows computer. You will find the Device and Printers option here. Launch its Properties by right-clicking on it. Go to the Ports tab and press the Add Port option. Now, you’ll be able to manually set the port. Followed by setting the TCP or IP port, you will have to restart your Windows computer along with your printing machine.
- Turn on your computer and then press the “Windows” key.
- Search for the “Control Panel” and then click on its icon.
- Find the option of “Device and Printers”. Right-click on this option and then “Printer Properties” will be visible.
- Click on “Ports Tab”.
- Tap on “Add Port”.
- Now, you have to select “Standard TCP/IP Port”.
- The next step is to click on “New Port”.
- Type the former “IP Address” of your HP printer.
- Tap on “Next” to continue.
- Now, a list will appear. You have to select the new standard “TCP/IP Port”.
- Click on “Ok” to continue.
- Now, restart your system as well as your HP printer.
- The final step is to print a document for testing this fix.
You may see a second printing device in the list of the devices. Do not remove or uninstall any device. Leaving both the printer devices may not cause an issue.
Important: Users who are troubled by the issue of HP printer attention required on Windows 10 can also administer this fix.
Fix 5: Launch in-built Troubleshooter from Computer Settings
Continuously receiving the attention required error on your HP device can be resolved via the in-built troubleshooter of Windows. To find it, you can locate Update & Security in the Settings. On scrolling further, you will see Troubleshoot. Pick this option and then choose Printer. It will be possible to start the troubleshooter now.
For learning more about how to fix the attention required error on HP printers, please read the directions shown here:
- Simultaneously push the following combination of keys:
“Windows” Key + “I” Key
- Visit the section named “Update & Security”.
- Find “Troubleshoot” and tap on it.
- Choose “Printer”.
- Press “Run the Troubleshooter”.
- To move further, perform the directions displayed on your screen.
Fix 6: Install Updates for Windows
You may be using your HP printer along with a Windows PC. Your PC may not necessarily be having the recent updates. Thus, when your HP printer says attention required in consequence of the same, the updates for Windows should be installed. You can open the Microsoft System Center on your PC and further visit the Software Center. Here, an Install All button will be available. Pressing it will initiate the installation of these updates.
You can also read the steps shown below to be more clear about this fix:
- Select “Start”.
- Choose “Microsoft System Center”.
- Click on “Software Center”.
- Press the “Install All” button.
- Wait for the installation of the updates.
- Later, restart your computer when you are directed to do so.
Important: It will be essential to know that the directions provided here for installing the updates will be the most suitable for Windows 10 computers.
Fix 7: Remove and Reinstall HP Printer Driver from Programs and Features
The HP printer driver being faulty, you may see the error of attention required on the machine’s display. In our opinion, you can remove the HP printer driver from your computer. On Windows, the option of Programs and Features can be used for this purpose. Afterward, you can install the driver again prior to using your HP printer.
In Programs and Features, the icon of your printing device can be located. You can remove the driver by pressing the same. In the entire process, you have to ensure that the driver gets fully removed from your system.
- Head to “Programs and Features” on your system.
- Press the icon of “HP Printer”.
- Click on “Uninstall”.
- Press “Start” and select “Programs and Features”.
- Tap on the icon that you can see.
- Find the icon of your “HP Printer” in the window.
- Delete the driver of your printer from “Programs and Features”.
- Open “Run” using the keys mentioned as follows:
“Windows” Key + “R” Key
- Write “printui.exe/s” in “Run”.
- Then select “Ok”.
- In the tab of “HP Drivers”, find the option of “HP Print Driver”.
- Remove the driver from every option.
- After it has been completely removed, press “Ok”.
Using an original source, the driver for your HP printer can be reinstalled on your Windows computer. Reinstalling it may take some time. The completion of the process will be accompanied by testing that the HP printer status attention required error has been solved.
Fix 8: Disable the Protection Mode Using Internet Explorer
The Protection Mode in Internet Explorer is a useful feature. It prevents the installation of harmful plugins, software, or codes on your computer. The mode being enabled, certain causes may be resulting in the attention required error on your HP printer. You can try disabling this mode to see if it works in fixing the error.
To reach the Protection Mode, Internet Explorer will have to be opened. You can go to Tools. On finding Internet Options, you can choose it and then enter Security. Locate a box mentioning Enable Protection Mode. After deselecting it, you can apply the changes. In the end, this HP printing error should be removed from your device.
- Run “Internet Explorer” on your system.
- Select the option of “Tools”.
- In the menu, find “Internet Options”. Tap to open the same.
- Enter the tab titled “Security”.
- Deselect the “Enable Protection Mode” box.
- Now, you have to press “Apply”.
- After this, push “Ok”.
- Finally, opt for “Run as Administrator”. when the window has been closed.
Considering it as a tip, the users of HP printers can try giving a print command or execute any other function using the device. We believe that the HP attention required error should get fixed by now.
Fixing Printer Attention Required on HP OfficeJet, DeskJet, Envy, LaserJet, & Wireless Printers
Issues in your web browser should be worked upon for getting rid of the attention required error on different HP printer models. On HP OfficeJet, Envy, LaserJet, DeskJet, and Wireless Printer models, printing from a website may not be possible when the browser is problematic. You can fix the browser problems in the beginning. If you are unable to identify the problems in it, then changing the browser will be thoughtful.
Fix 1: Change Your Web Browser for Printing via a Website
Not often, it has been seen that while anything is being printed from a website, the attention required message may get displayed. Even when this is a rare occurrence, you may be caught in a similar situation. To escape the problematic message in this situation, you can change your web browser. It can be suspected that the browser may be contributing to such a problem. Hence, after changing the browser, you can use your HP printer for printing something from a website. The successful printing of the page would suggest that the message printer attention required on HP Envy, Officejet, DeskJet, LaserJet, or Wireless Printer models has been cleared.
How can I Fix the HP OfficeJet 3830 Attention Required Error on Windows 10?
For removing the HP 3830 attention required error, you can clear the files of the Printer Spooler folder on your Windows 10 computer. In addition to clearing the files, cleaning this service is also needed. Usually, the Run dialog box comes in handy for performing this fix. These files and spooler service can be easily located using Run.
To know more about this fix and how it has to be done, you can scroll below.
Fix 1: Remove Printer Spooler Files and Clean Spooler Service on Windows 10
In some situations, the users of HP printers have found the printer spooler files to cause certain problems. These problems can yield interference and affect your HP printer. As a result of this, you may be seeing an error message on your device suggesting that attention is required. Removing these files will be recommended. It will be a good idea if you can also clean this service on your Windows 10 computer.
The users are needed to launch Run and input services.msc in it. Here, you can look for Printer Spooler. You can tap it twice and then press the Stop option. After stopping it, you can go to Run again for removing the files of the Printer Spooler folder. Once this has been executed, you can opt for cleaning the Spooler Service.
- Press the keys shown here in combination:
“Windows” Key + “R” Key
- Enter “services.msc” in the box.
- Select “Printer Spooler” using the list of services.
- Click twice on “Printer Spooler”.
- Search for “Stop” and press it.
- Push “Ok”.
- Open “Run” as mentioned in the first step. Use it for deleting the files of the “Printer Spooler”.
- Launch “Run” one more time and write “services.msc” in it.
- Via the “Services” list, locate “Printer Spooler”.
- Tap on “Start”.
- Click on “Automatic”.
- After reaching the list for “Startup Type”, press “Ok”.
See to it that the steps shown in this section have been executed in the manner stated here. The HP OfficeJet 3830 series attention required problem will be settled.
HP Printer Models to Which Our Fixes can be Applied
On different models of HP Deskjet Printers, our fixes can be implemented. Some of these models have been exhibited here:
|HP DeskJet 2540 Printer||HP DeskJet 3630 Printer||HP DeskJet 3830 Printer|
The users of HP Envy Printers who are witnessing the attention required issue on the display can try using the fixes shown here. The models of these series on which you can apply these fixes have been mentioned below:
|HP Envy 4500 Printer||HP Envy 4520 Printer||HP Envy 5530 Printer||HP Envy 5540 Printer|
|HP Envy 5640 Printer||HP Envy 5660 Printer||HP Envy 7640 Printer|
For the following HP LaserJet Printers, the fixes provided here shall be compatible:
|HP LaserJet P1102W Printer||HP LaserJet P2035N Printer|
HP OfficeJet Printers can also get affected by this printing error. On certain models of the series, such as the ones displayed as follows, our measures can be administered:
|HP OfficeJet 4630 Printer||HP OfficeJet 4650 Printer||HP OfficeJet 5740 Printer||HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 Printer|
In Summation of the Above
The attention required error message on HP printers can arise when something goes wrong with the settings of your device. Additionally, changes in the settings of your computer or any other system can also result in it. Several tech experts suggest that keeping the drivers of your HP printer updated is the best way of not only troubleshooting but also preventing such an error. You can keep the same in mind. Along with that, you can always rely on the fixes shown in this reading for fixing this error in the future.
We have other brilliant blogs too which you can use to solve every kind of problem with your HP printer. Learn how to change ink in HP printers or resolve the HP missing or failed printhead error. We will tell you effective measures and methods with step-by-step instructions.