“Help! My HP printer says attention required.” Is this what you also have to say? Your HP printer is an electronic device that may stop working sometimes despite so many astonishing features. HP printer attention required is a common error you can encounter while you are in the midst of scanning or printing a document. Though there can be several causes of this issue, it is important to get your HP printer fixed.
If you want to know how to solve the printer attention required on HP, then here we have provided 4 troubleshooting methods along with easy step-by-step instructions for you.
So, let’s begin!
4 Methods to Fix HP Printer Attention Required Error
These methods will be the most suitable for fixing up the HP attention required issue on the following models:
|HP DeskJet 3630 Printer||HP OfficeJet 4630||HP Envy 5530 Printer||HP Envy 5540 Printer|
|HP Envy 5660 Printer||HP OfficeJet 5740 Printer||HP LaserJet Pro 1102W Printer||HP LaserJet P2035N Printer|
Run Troubleshooting on Your HP Printer
The steps to run troubleshooting on your HP printer have been given below.
1. Turn on your computer or any other device that you are using.
2. Next, press the Windows button on your system’s keyboard.
3. The third step is to type “printer” in the search box and then hit enter.
4. Now, a list of options will appear on the screen. Select the option of “Find and fix problems”.
5. On clicking this option, another list will appear. You have to look for the “Advanced” option in the menu.
6. The next step is to choose “Automatically Apply Repairs”.
7. After selecting this option, you have to hit “Run as admin”.
8. Now, click on “Next” and pick the name of the printer to solve the error.
9. The next step is to confirm to continue.
By following this procedure, you will be able to run a test. Then, the issue of the HP printer requires attention will have been solved.
Try Updating the HP Printer Driver
Take a look at these 10 steps to update your HP printer driver.
1. Turn on your computer or any other device you are using.
2. Now, press the Windows key on the keyboard of your device.
3. Type “Device Manager” in the search box and then hit “Enter”.
4. A list of options will appear before you. Find the option of “Device Manager” and then click on it.
5. When you click on this option, you will find a list. Now, you have to find the name of the printer that you are using and want to update the printer driver for.
6. Select the name and then right-click on it.
7. Select the option of “Update Driver Software” from the list.
8. The next step is to select “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
9. Now, you will be able to see a set of instructions on your screen.
10. An installation process will now take place. You will be required to wait patiently until this process gets completed.
The HP printer attention required message will have been resolved by now.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor Application
You can also install and run the application HP Print and Scan Doctor to solve the HP printer requires attention issue. Here we have given 5 easy steps to perform this method.
1. Go to the official website of HP printers.
2. On the home page, you will find the application of HP Print and Scan Doctor.
3. Click on this application to download it in your system.
4. After the application has been downloaded, you will be required to install it in your system.
5. You will receive a set of instructions to fix the HP printer attention required message.
Create a TCP/IP Port
Setting up a manual IP address for your HP printer can also help you in fixing this issue. Follow these steps given below to create a TCP/IP port:
1. Turn on your computer and then press the Windows key.
2. Search for the “Control Panel” and then click on its icon.
3. In the “Control Panel”, you will find the option of “Device and Printers”. Right-click on this option and then the “Printer Properties” will be visible.
4. The next step is to click on “Ports Tab”. after clicking on this option, you will be required to tap on “Add Port”.
5. Now, you have to select “Standard TCP/IP Port”.
6. The next step is to click on “New Port”.
7. Type the former IP address of your HP printer and then tap on “Next” to continue.
8. Now, a list will appear. You have to select the new standard TCP/IP port. Click “OK” to continue with the procedure.
9. Now, restart your system as well as your HP printer.
10. The final step is to print to test.
The HP printer status attention required will have been resolved by now.
Note: In case you can see a second printer device in the list of the devices, then do not remove or uninstall any printer device. Leaving both the printer devices may not cause an issue.
This blog to resolve the HP printer attention required is really useful, isn’t it? We learnt 4 cool methods to fix up the issues quickly. We have other brilliant blogs too which you can use to solve every kind of problem with your HP printer. Learn how to change ink in HP printer or resolve the HP missing or failed printhead error. We will tell you great solutions with step-by-step instructions.