Learn How to Cancel Print Job on HP Printer
Bringing life to digital documents. HP printers are all about convenience. A printed document is so much easier to read and share. Sometimes, you may give the print command in a hurry which may lead to the printing of the wrong set of papers. At other times, the command may have been given by chance. There could also be an instance when you give the print command twice for the same document to be printed. And most of the time, you may not require the document you are printing at all. Learning how to cancel print job on HP printer can save you in such situations. You can always cancel HP print jobs to save your time.
8 Methods for Cancelling Print Jobs on HP Printers
With the ability of cancelling print jobs, HP printers have added more to the convenience. And it’s quite easy to learn how to cancel print job on HP printer. So, in this blog, we will be sharing with you 8 amazing methods to cancel the print job right away.
Cancel HP Print Job on Computer
Take a look at these 4 steps to cancel the print job via your computer.
1. When your system is turned on, hit the “Windows” key.
2. Then type “Control Panel” and press the “Enter” key.
3. In the “Control Panel”, you will find the “Cancel” button.
4. Tap the “Cancel” button and then all the print jobs will get cancelled.
Cancel Print Job on HP Printer
In case your HP printer has a touchscreen panel, you can follow these 2 quick steps to get the job done:
1. When your HP printer is on and you have already given a print command, look for the “Stop” button on the touchscreen panel of the device. Alternatively, you can also look for the “Cancel” button on the panel of your HP printer.
2. Press the “Stop” or “Cancel” button and the print job will get terminated easily.
Cancel HP Print Job via Windows
If you are using a Windows system, then here is another method you can consider to cancel print job on HP printer.
1. Look at the taskbar of your Windows system. Here you will find a print icon.
2. You have to click on this icon and then cancel the print job. In case there is a print queue, then you can select which print job you want to cancel.
3. The print job will have been cancelled successfully.
Cancel HP Print Job on Mac System
Learn how to cancel print job on HP printer via Mac system in 8 quick steps:
1. When you start a printing job on the Mac system, then an icon appears on the Dock.
2. You have to select the print job by clicking on this icon on the Dock.
3. Now, a list of print jobs will appear before you.
4. Choose the print job that you want to terminate. And that print job will get cancelled.
5. In case there is no printing icon visible on the Dock, then you will have to go to the “System Preferences”.
6. Tap on “Print and Scan” in the “System Preferences”.
7. Now, you will have to select your HP printer and then open the “Print Queue”.
8. In the “Print Queue”, select the job you want to get cancelled. And the task will be done.
Cancel Print Job on HP Printer via Android Phone
You can also terminate the printing jobs on your HP printer through your android phone. Here is how:
1. When you use your Android phone to print, the printing task can be performed either through the HP ePrint application or through the HP Print Service Plugin. In case you are using the HP ePrint application to print, go to its home screen.
2. The next step is to tap on the notification icon of the HP ePrint application.
3. Then touch “X” and then tap on “Yes”.
4. The current printing job will get stopped.
5. If you are using the HP Print Service Plugin to print, then you will have to swipe down. By swiping down you will be able to see the current print jobs on your HP printer.
6. Click on the print job you wish to cancel and it will be terminated.
Cancel Print Jobs Directly from HP Printer
This method will teach you how to cancel all print jobs on HP printer directly from the device.
1. Your HP printer will have a “Cancel” button. Press this button to stop the printing jobs.
2. If you have an HP printer with a touchscreen, then you will have the button “Stop”. Push this “Stop” button and all the printing jobs will get terminated immediately.
If you want to know how to cancel print job on HP LaserJet Pro 400 or if you are looking for how to cancel print job on HP OfficeJet Pro 8600, then this method will work great.
Note: Just in case this method doesn’t work, you can try to remove the stack of sheets that are essential for printing. Without these sheets, printing will get stopped automatically. You can also turn off the printer. The printing services will get paused and after this you can delete the printing job through the control panel of the system.
Cancel HP Print Job via Windows 7
Here is how to cancel a print job on a HP printer through Windows 7.
1. When your Windows 7 system is on, go to “Start”.
2. Now, type “Device and Printers” and press “Enter”.
3. Now you will be able to view the printers connected to your computer. Right-click the HP printer for which you want to cancel the printing jobs.
4. Click “See what’s printing” and a list of options will now be visible.
5. Right-click to select and terminate the print jobs on your HP printer.
“I need help. My HP printer won’t cancel print job.” For these kinds of situations too, you can follow the above-mentioned method. It will work best in terminating the print jobs.
Cancel Print Job on HP Printer via Windows Vista
Follow these 5 steps to cancel print job on HP printer in case you are using Windows Vista.
1. Click on “Start” and then go to “Control Panel”.
2. The second step is to click on “Hardware and Sound”.
3. Now, click on “Printers” and then double-click on the HP printer for which you want to cancel the printing job.
4. You will be able to see a print queue on the screen.
5. The final step is to right-click the runaway print job and then tap on “Cancel”.
To Sum it Up
In this blog we learnt 8 different methods to learn how to cancel print job on HP printers. We have provided step-by-step instructions in each of the methods to make it easier for you.
Are you also looking for a great place to learn how to change ink in HP printer? Or if HP printer offline issue is bothering you, then you can explore perfect solutions to these problems with us. We will provide you the assistance immediately.