So, you have finally got the amazing HP printer that is full of unbelievable features. Owning an HP printer is surely a great feeling. Won’t it be more amazing to be able to use your HP printer on Mac and give life to your ideas? Do you know how to connect HP printer to Mac? We do! And we will help you connect HP printer to Mac.
In this guide, you will give you step-by-step instructions so that you also enjoy the benefits of HP printers and double up your productivity. So, let’s begin the informative tour right away!
4 Ways to Connect HP Printer to Mac
These ways will work best for the models given below:
|HP Deskjet 2540 Printer||HP Deskjet 3050 Printer||HP Deskjet 3054 Printer||HP Deskjet 3054A Printer||HP Deskjet 3510 Printer|
|HP Officejet 3830 Printer||HP Deskjet 3630 Printer||HP Photosmart C4780 Printer||HP Officejet Pro 8600 Printer|
How to Connect My HP Printer to My Mac Wirelessly?
Wireless connection is the new stuff that everyone prefers nowadays. Let us see how to connect HP printer to Mac wirelessly.
1. To connect your HP printer to Mac wirelessly, you will have to first ensure that your printer and Mac have been connected on the same internet connection via a USB cable.
2. The next step is to turn on your HP printer. Make sure that the setup process is also complete.
3. Now, go to the browser and then visit 123.hp.com/setup. Here you will find the printer driver software for your HP printer.
4. Now, you have to click on the download button and the software will begin to download.
5. After the download is complete, you will be required to extract all the HP start files.
6. Next, you will be asked to agree with the terms and conditions in order to continue the installation of the software.
7. After agreeing, the installation will be complete. The next step is to click on the “Continue” button. After this, the files will get open on Mac.
8. A list will be visible carrying the name of the connected HP printer. In the detected devices, select the name of your HP printer.
9. Choose the HP printer and then hit the “Continue” button.
10. Now, you will be asked to choose one option from the wireless connection or the USB connection.
11. After you have made your choice, a set of questions will appear. Answer the questions to go ahead with the installation of the software setup.
12. Click the “Install” button to continue.
13. The next step is to click on the “Continue” button. The HP printer will now be connected to your Mac.
Another Way for How to Connect HP Printer to Mac Wireless?
You will be amazed to know that a wireless printer can be used with multiple computers with the connection of Wi-fi. That means if you connect HP printer to Mac wifi, not only will you be able to use it on Mac and different systems but you will also save money on cables. So, in this section, we will show you how to connect to HP wireless printer on Mac in 6 steps.
1. To connect HP printer to wifi on Mac, first power it on. Press the power button, fill in the password and SSID to complete the printer setup.
2. After the HP printer setup is done, go to the “Apple Menu” and select the software update, in case it is pending.
3. Then select “System Preferences” in the menu and select “Print and Scan”.
4. Locate the plus button and tap on it.
5. Now visit the menu and choose “Add Printer and Scanner”.
6. From the list of printers, select wireless printers and click on “Add”.
7. After you connect HP printer to wifi Mac, test whether it is working. Open any document on Mac, go to “File” option and hit “Print”. You can also choose your HP printer by clicking the “Change” button in the destination printer option.
This is the easiest procedure to learn how to connect wireless HP printer to Mac. When the document gets printed, you can be sure that the procedure has been completed.
How to Connect HP Printer to Mac with USB?
To connect HP print to Mac with the help of a USB, here is a set of instructions you will need to follow.
1. The initial step to connect HP printer to Mac is to make certain that the USB cable has been connected properly. Also, the HP printer should be plugged in and powered on.
2. Now that your printer is connected to the USB and is on, the next step is to make your system recognize the printing device. For this, you will need a printer driver. You can also check whether your system recognizes the HP printer by going to the “Apple menu”. Then go to “Print & Fax”. Now click on the “Printing” tab.
3. Check if the name of your HP printer is listed here. In case you do not find the name, then you will have to go to the website of the manufacturer of your printer and then download the printer driver.
4. Usually, the procedure to download and install the printer driver software is similar. After you visit the website, download the software and then run it. A set of instructions will be displayed on the screen to guide you through the installation process.
Note: Just in case your HP printer comes with special features which may not be supported by the usual printer driver, then you can install the driver software.
5. As an alternative, you can also install the printers which are shared on the network or print to remote printers through the TCP/IP method. You need the IP address of your printer for this purpose. For this, you can visit the “System Preferences” and then click on “Printing” in the “Print & Fax” option.
6. The next step is to select “Printing”. Then you will find a plus sign below the list of printers. Click on that.
7. Then on the top of the printer browser window, you will find two buttons, “Default Browser” and “IP Printers”. You have to click on “Default Browser”. Now a list will appear, select the name of your HP printer.
8. Wait for a few moments for a connection to be installed with your HP printer. After the connection has been installed, you will see an “Add” button. Click on this to add your HP printer.
9. You will have to choose “IP Printers” in the “Printer Browser” window in case you want to install an IP Printer. You will need the IPP or Internet Printing Protocol for this. For IPP, go to “Address” and enter the IP address of your HP Printer. For certain kinds of HP printers, selecting HP Jet Direct may also do the trick.
How to Connect HP Printer to Mac without USB?
1. Your system may have automatically downloaded the HP driver. If not, do it manually by visiting the section “HP Printers Drivers”.
2. Then open the “Apple Menu” and select “System Preferences”. Then click on “Print & Scan” (or “Print & Fax”/”Printers and Scanners”).
3. Your printer may be listed here. Remove it by clicking (-) sign and then add again by clicking (+) sign to establish communication.
4. Now go to “Use” or “Print” and choose your HP printer. Add your HP printer to the list. Now you will be asked to install the software. Click on “Download”.
5. In case the software is not available, click “Cancel”. Go to HP Printer and Scanner software for MacOS Sierra and download the printer driver.
6. Now close the “System Preferences”.
7. Give a test print, scan, and fax to ensure that the printed driver has been successfully installed and the device has been properly connected.
Not Able to Connect My Mac to HP Printer
Why is your HP printer not connecting to Mac? Is it because the USB cable is not plugged in properly or is the network connection faulty? There can also be other issues. Here we have some solutions you can consider when Mac won’t connect to HP printer.
1. Firstly, check whether the Wi-Fi router is working. For good network setup, good internet signals are also needed. This is the essential requirement to connect Mac to wireless HP printer.
2. When the network signals are weak, you can try to place Mac close to the router to improve the strength of the signals.
3. To enjoy good wireless connection on your Mac, check Bonjour support and your router band.
4. HP printer will not connect to Mac if the wireless settings in the printer are turned off. In the control panel of the device, you will be able to spot a wireless icon light that will tell you the status of the settings.
5. When your USB cable is not defect-free, you may face connectivity issues. So always check the USB cable before you buy it. After the cable has been connected appropriately, the green light on your HP printer should also be in steady condition.
6. You will not be able to connect Mac to HP wireless printer if the system is connected to a virtual private network. So, you will have to remove this connection.
7. HP printer not connecting to Mac wireless is a common error faced when the Firewall software blocks threats in the computer. Consider disabling this for some time. For this, you will have to go to the “Apple Menu” where you will find “System Preferences”. Then go to “Security & Privacy” and choose the firewall to turn it off.
Today we learnt different methods to know how to connect HP printer to Mac. We also taught you solutions when you are unable to connect HP printer to Mac. We hope you found this blog informative! Now that your HP printer is connected to your system, we hope you explore new ideas and produce great things.
Are you facing any other kinds of troubles? Is your HP Printer Offline or your HP Printer says out of paper? Let’s get these errors fixed too. Explore easy solutions to all kinds of HP Printer problems with us.