The HP 79 service error is sometimes reported by users. Due to reasons like a minor bug in your printer or the printer software being out of date, this service error may be seen by users of HP printers. To resolve this service error on HP, we will walk you through different methods. Also, if you are seeing the 79 service error on HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer, then you can explore the fixes for this too.
In this post on HP LaserJet 79 service error, we will be covering 2 topics. You can have a glance at these topics right here.
- What is 79 Service Error on HP Printer?
- How Do I Troubleshoot HP 79 Service Error?
- Fix 1: Turn off Your HP Printer for 10 Seconds
- Fix 2: Power off and Power Cycle Your HP Printer
- Fix 3: Restart Your Devices
- Fix 4: Try Reinstalling DIMM Again on Your HP Printer
- Fix 5: Try Reinstalling Drivers for Your HP Printer
- Fix 6: Start the Print Spooler Service Again for HP Printer
- How Do I Troubleshoot HP LaserJet Pro 400 Service Error 79?
What is 79 Service Error on HP Printer?
The HP 79 service error may be seen on your printer on certain occasions. This is a service error which can indicate that a print job has become corrupt. Seeing this error can also mean that the firmware of your HP printer has become out of date. Thus, the spooler of your HP printer may be unable to establish communication with your device.
How Do I Troubleshoot HP 79 Service Error?
If you are using an HP printer, then service errors like the 79 error code may be occasionally seen on it. To repair the HP printer error 79, you can opt for several fixes. Among all, the 6 best ones have been given here. These fixes will assist you in turning off your HP printer and then starting it again. Powering off your printer and power-cycling it, restarting the devices connected to it, and restarting the Print Spooler service are also some of the solutions you can try.
You can read more about them below.
Fix 1: Turn off Your HP Printer for 10 Seconds
Certain users came across the HP 79 service error while using the printer. To stop seeing this error, the users turned off their HP printers for 10 seconds. After this duration, they turned on their printers once again. Gladly, they did not come across this service error on their HP printers this time. We will suggest you as well to try this fix once. Here is how you can carry it out.
1. Your HP Printer comes with an “On”/”Off” switch button. Press this switch.
2. Wait for at least 10 seconds.
3. Press the switch to turn on your HP printer.
4. Now, check whether this fix helped in troubleshooting the HP printer error 79.
Fix 2: Power off and Power Cycle Your HP Printer
One of the ways of troubleshooting the 79 service error on HP printer includes turning off the power of your HP printer for at least 30 seconds. This is then followed by turning on the power and checking for the error. In case the service error is still found, you can choose to power cycle your printing device. Doing so should serve as a guaranteed solution for this error code on your printer. Let us also take a look at the step-wise directions for this fix.
1. Power off your HP printer.
2. Waiting for 30 seconds is the second step.
3. Power on your HP printer and let it initialize.
4. Take off the surge protector in case you are using it. Then directly plug in your device in the socket.
5. Power on your HP printer.
6. Check for the HP printer error 79 now.
7. In case the error has not been fixed, detach the USB or network cable.
8. Now, opt for power-cycling your HP printer. You should see “Ready” on the display. Then you can ensure the version of the firmware and upgrade to a new one, in case it is available.
9. Then check for the HP service error again. If it has still not been solved, then remove each print job for your HP printer.
10. Lastly, print a test page.
In case the HP printer error state is still visible, you can click here to see more solutions.
Fix 3: Restart Your Devices
In this fix for service error 79 on HP printer, we will advise you to restart the devices. The devices which have been connected to your network need to be restarted, These devices will include your computer as well as router. Then you can connect these devices and print using your HP printer. The error should not get displayed now.
Fix 4: Try Reinstalling DIMM Again on Your HP Printer
The HP printer 79 service error can be seen when the memory DIMM has been installed on your device. To stop seeing it, you can first turn off your device. Then you can remove the memory DIMM and install it again after a while. Now, you can start your HP printer and check for the error. If it still has not been resolved, then the further procedure to fix it can be found below.
1. The first step is to turn off your HP printer.
2. Now, the DIMM needs to be removed.
3. Next, the DIMM has to be installed again. Ensure that it is correctly seated in your HP printer.
4. Start your printer by turning it on.
5. Check that the HP service error has been settled by now.
6. In case you are seeing the service error even now, then DIMM needs to be removed.
7. Now, do a retest on the device.
8. In case your HP printer is working, as usual, then you can get the DIMM installed once again.
The HP LaserJet error 79 should have been fixed by now.
Fix 5: Try Reinstalling Drivers for Your HP Printer
The 79 service error was being seen by certain users of HP printers. As per these users, there were some flaws in the software needed for HP printer. So, these users headed to the Control Panel on their Windows computer. Below Uninstall a Program, they removed the software for the printer and also removed the printer from the Print queues. When they started their computer, the software was installed again. Thus, easily troubleshooting the HP service error 79.
The detailed procedure for doing so has been shown as follows.
1. Click on “Start”.
2. Open the “Control Panel”.
3. In the “Control Panel”, click on “Uninstall a Program”.
4. Delete the software for your HP printer.
5. Then right-click on “Start”. Choose “Device Manager”.
6. Locate the “Print Queues”. Under it, uninstall your HP printer and remove it.
7. Start your Windows computer again.
8. The driver will be automatically installed on your system.
9. You will be required to download and install the software needed for your HP printer.
10. Now, you can see if the HP 79 service error has been removed from your HP printer.
If this fix did not work for you, then the problem may be something else. You can check this HP printer troubleshooting guide to find a guaranteed fix for it.
Fix 6: Start the Print Spooler Service Again for HP Printer
Restarting the Print Spooler service has served as a helpful solution for doing away with the HP 79 service error. For restarting this service, you can launch the Task Manager of Windows. In the section of Services, you can pick Description. Using this option, you can select Print Spooler and restart it. Then you can print a test page via your HP printer to ensure that the service error 79 has been cleared.
The steps for this fix have been displayed here.
1. Open the “Task Manager” of your Windows computer.
2. Open the “Services”.
3. Select “Description”. This will help in sorting the list.
4. Now, you have to choose “Print Spooler”. For this, you can drag the cursor over it.
5. The “Print Spooler” option needs to be right-clicked. Then choose “Restart”.
6. Now, after the restarting process is over, you can print a page.
If the test page gets successfully printed, then you can be sure that the HP printer error 79 has been removed from your device.
How Do I Troubleshoot HP LaserJet Pro 400 Service Error 79?
Users of HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer often encounter a service error on their device. To resolve the 79 service error on HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer, cancelling the print jobs and then removing the device has been effective. Additionally, if you have this printer, then you can check its IP address and get the latest updates available.
To find more information about these fixes, you can read the sections presented as follows.
Fix 1: Cancel Print Jobs and Remove your HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer
The 79 service error on HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer can be settled by clearing all the print jobs and then removing your device. This can be done by opening the box named See What’s Printing. Here, you can find all the print jobs which have been assigned and to which accounts. Then you can remove them and further remove your HP printer by visiting the Devices and Printers section.
In case you need clear directions to do what we have described above, you can read here.
1. Begin with turning off your HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer.
2. Ensure all the print jobs have been removed. This should be done from your main computer and any other systems.
3. Click on “See What’s Printing” in the domain network.
4. Check the print jobs assigned.
5. Sign in to the accounts to whom the print jobs have been assigned. You will be required to remove the accounts connected to the domain network.
6. Then from the “Devices and Printers” list, remove your printer.
After this fix has been performed, you can use your HP printer. The HP LaserJet Pro 400 error 79 should stop emerging on your device now.
Fix 2: Check IP Address and Install Updates for HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer
The owners of HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer can face the HP 79 service error when the IP Address is not correct and the updates have not been installed. To check the IP Address of your HP printer, you can visit Network via the Control Panel. Here, you can check the IP address and see to it that you are connected to the home network. Thereafter, you can open the Settings via Home and download the latest updates.
1. Ensure your HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer has been turned on.
2. Check that the internet connection has been established on your HP printer. For this, the Ethernet can be attached to your device and router/modem.
3. Press the icon of “Network” on the “Control Panel”.
4. On your HP device, confirm its “IP Address”. In case the “IP Address” is “192.168.XXX.XXX”, you can be sure that you have been connected to the home network.
5. On the “Home Screen”, choose “Settings”.
6. Choose the option of “HP LaserJet Update”. Look for any updates available. Then download the latest updates for your HP printer.
7. The next step is to reboot your printer. Doing so will give effect to the updates you have downloaded.
8. Now, check for the HP LaserJet Pro 400 79 service error.
To Wind up
The service error 79 on HP printers needs to be fixed if you wish to continue using your device. To fix it without using any hard methods, we assisted you today. Here, we showed you the fixes that will help you in removing this error in simple ways. Also, the 79 service error on LaserJet Pro 400 HP Printer can emerge in certain situations. We taught you the fixes to throw away this error from this HP printer’s model.
If you are facing any problems with your device’s printhead, then this blog on HP printhead error should help you out. Let us know in what more ways we can help you. Our comment section is accessible at all times.
Following the aforementioned steps should resolve HP LaserJet Pro 400 service Error 79. In case you need help, Call Expert @ USA/Canada +1-844-414-5222 & UK +44 2896 002856