A message stating “HP 79 Service Error Turn off then Turn on” is sometimes reported by users. Due to reasons like a minor bug in your printer or the printer software being out of date, this service error may be seen by the users of HP printers. On models like HP LaserJet Pro 200, 400, 500, etc., such an error is likely to appear the most. To resolve this service error on HP, we will walk you through different methods based on the fixes. Also, if you are seeing the 79 service error on HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer, then you can explore the fixes for this too.
In this post on HP LaserJet 79 service error, we will be covering 2 topics. You can have a glance at these topics right here.
- What is 79 Service Error on HP Printer?
- How Do I Troubleshoot HP 79 Service Error?
- Fix 1: Turn off then Turn on after 10 Seconds
- Fix 2: Power off and Power Cycle Your HP Printer
- Fix 3: Restart Your Devices
- Fix 4: Try Reinstalling DIMM Again on Your HP Printer
- Fix 5: Try Reinstalling Drivers for Your HP Printer
- Fix 6: Start the Print Spooler Service Again for HP Printer
- Fix 7: Delete Print Queue and Print Another Document
- Fix 8: Get the Firmware Updated for Your HP Printer
- Option 1: Manually Update Firmware
- Option 2: Update Using HP Printer
- Option 3: Use HP Smart App to Update
- Fix 9: Implement Printer Troubleshooter on Windows 10
- Fix 10: Connect with HP Support
- How Do I Troubleshoot HP LaserJet Pro 400 Service Error 79?
What is 79 Service Error on HP Printer?
The HP 79 service error may be seen on your printer on certain occasions. This is a service error which can indicate that a print job has become corrupt. Seeing this error can also mean that the firmware of your HP printer has become out of date. Thus, the spooler of your HP printer may be unable to establish communication with your device.
What Causes the HP Printer 79 Service Error?
In this section, we have outlined the information relating to the causes of the service error 79 on HP printers with models 200, 400, CP5225, etc. Fixing the issue will be easier when the exact cause is known to you.
- The network signals for your device may be blocked.
- Your printer’s hardware such as the DIMMs and motherboard may be damaged.
- Due to a faulty wire connection, you can find this error.
- The firmware of your device may be out of date.
- The page that your printing may be from an unauthorized webpage or link. Thus the problem may be emerging.
- Turning your device on and off a number of times may be generating 79 service error.
- In case the file you are printing is quite large, the error code will bother you.
After knowing the causes, let us now see the fixes for this problem.
How Do I Troubleshoot HP 79 Service Error?
If you are using an HP printer, then service errors like the 79 error code may be occasionally seen on it. To repair the HP printer error 79, you can opt for several fixes. Among all, the 6 best ones have been given here. These fixes will assist you in turning off your HP printer and then starting it again. Powering off your printer and power-cycling it, restarting the devices connected to it, and restarting the Print Spooler service are also some of the solutions you can try.
You can read more about them below.
Fix 1: Turn off then Turn on after 10 Seconds
Certain users came across the HP 79 service error while using the printer. To stop seeing this error, the users turned off their HP printers for 10 seconds. After this duration, they turned on their printers once again. Gladly, they did not come across this service error on their HP printers this time. We will suggest you as well to try this fix once. Here is how you can carry it out.
- Your HP Printer comes with an “On“/”Off” switch button. Press this switch.
- Wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Press the switch to turn on your HP printer.
- Now, check whether this fix helped in troubleshooting the HP printer error 79.
Fix 2: Power off and Power Cycle Your HP Printer
One of the ways of troubleshooting the 79 service error on HP printer includes turning off the power of your HP printer for at least 30 seconds. This is then followed by turning on the power and checking for the error. In case the service error is still found, you can choose to power cycle your printing device. Doing so should serve as a guaranteed solution for this error code on your printer. Let us also take a look at the step-wise directions for this fix. These have been mentioned below.
- Power off your HP printer.
- Waiting for 30 seconds is the second step.
- Power on your HP printer and let it initialize.
- Take off the surge protector in case you are using it. Then directly plug in your device in the socket.
- Power on your HP printer.
- Check for the HP printer error 79 now.
- In case the error has not been fixed, detach the USB or network cable.
- Now, opt for power-cycling your HP printer. You should see “Ready” on the display. Then you can ensure the version of the firmware and upgrade to a new one, in case it is available.
- Then check for the HP service error again. If it has still not been solved, then remove each print job for your HP printer.
- Lastly, print a test page.
In case the HP printer error state is still visible, you can click here to see more solutions.
Fix 3: Restart Your Devices
In this fix for service error 79 on HP printer, we will advise you to restart the devices. The devices which have been connected to your network need to be restarted, These devices will include your computer as well as router. Then you can connect these devices and print using your HP printer. The error should not get displayed now.
Fix 4: Try Reinstalling DIMM Again on Your HP Printer
The HP printer 79 service error can be seen when the memory DIMM has been installed on your device. To stop seeing it, you can first turn off your device. Then you can remove the memory DIMM and install it again after a while. Now, you can start your HP printer and check for the error. If it still has not been resolved, then the further procedure to fix it can be found below.
- The first step is to turn off your HP printer.
- Now, the DIMM needs to be removed.
- Next, the DIMM has to be installed again. Ensure that it is correctly seated in your HP printer.
- Start your printer by turning it on.
- Check that the HP service error has been settled by now.
- In case you are seeing the service error even now, then DIMM needs to be removed.
- Now, do a retest on the device.
- In case your HP printer is working, as usual, then you can get the DIMM installed once again.
The HP LaserJet error 79 should have been fixed by now. In case you can still see it, moving to the next section will be apt.
Fix 5: Try Reinstalling Drivers for Your HP Printer
The 79 service error was being seen by certain users of HP printers. As per these users, there were some flaws in the software needed for HP printer. So, these users headed to the Control Panel on their Windows computer. Below Uninstall a Program, they removed the software for the printer and also removed the printer from the Print queues. When they started their computer, the software was installed again. Thus, easily troubleshooting the HP service error 79.
The detailed procedure for reinstalling the HP printer drivers has been shown as follows.
- Click on “Start”.
- Open the “Control Panel”.
- In the “Control Panel”, click on “Uninstall a Program”.
- Delete the software for your HP printer.
- Then right-click on “Start”. Choose “Device Manager”.
- Locate the “Print Queues”. Under it, uninstall your HP printer and remove it.
- Start your Windows computer again.
- The driver will be automatically installed on your system.
- You will be required to download and install the software needed for your HP printer.
- Now, you can see if the HP 79 service error has been removed from your HP printer.
If this fix did not work for you, then the problem may be something else. You can check this HP printer troubleshooting guide to find a guaranteed fix for it.
Fix 6: Start the Print Spooler Service Again for HP Printer
Restarting the Print Spooler service has served as a helpful solution for doing away with the HP 79 service error. For restarting this service, you can launch the Task Manager of Windows. In the section of Services, you can pick Description. Using this option, you can select Print Spooler and restart it. Then you can print a test page via your HP printer to ensure that the service error 79 has been cleared.
The steps for this fix have been displayed here.
- Open the “Task Manager” of your Windows computer.
- Open the “Services”.
- Select “Description”. This will help in sorting the list.
- Now, you have to choose “Print Spooler”. For this, you can drag the cursor over it.
- The “Print Spooler” option needs to be right-clicked. Then choose “Restart”.
- Now, after the restarting process is over, you can print a page.
If the test page gets successfully printed, then you can be sure that the HP printer error 79 has been removed from your device.
Fix 7: Delete Print Queue and Print Another Document
The 79 service error in HP LaserJet Printers can erupt when a print job has been stuck. By removing the stuck job and clearing the print queue, the error should vanish. For carrying out these actions, you can open the Run window and go to Devices and Printers using it. You can go through the print jobs that are stuck and remove them. Doing so will also clear the print queue. Afterwards, you can opt for any other file or document for printing it.
- Hold the keys mentioned here at the same time:
“Windows” key + “R” key
- When the window of “Run” is open, write “Control Printers” in it.
- Then press “Ok”.
- In the window of “Devices and Printers”, opt for your HP printer.
- Right-click on the model and choose “See What’s Printing”. Here, you can check the document that got stuck while printing.
- Choosing that file, right-tap and select “Cancel”. This action will delete the print queue.
- Finally, give the print command for another printer to check whether or not the issue has settled.
Fix 8: Get the Firmware Updated for Your HP Printer
An HP printer with updated firmware will ensure that problems like the error code 79 are kept at bay. To update it, you can follow 3 options. These options comprise the manual approach, the method to directly get the updates from your printer, and via the HP Smart App. Based on the requisites for these options, you can pick the most suitable one.
Option 1: Manually Update Firmware
In this measure for the 79 service error, we’ll suggest you to manually update the firmware of your HP printer in case the need to do so is required. Installing the firmware updates is inclusive of a short procedure. As a part of it, you have to connect your printer to an Ethernet cable when the device is on. After this, you have to enter the Settings of the device where you will come across the option for updating the firmware.
- After powering on your device, ensure that an Ethernet cable has been connected to it for using the internet.
- Select “Network” by visiting the “Screen” or”Control Panel” of your HP printer.
- Find out your IP address to check that the device is connected to your network.
- Now, press “Settings”.
- The option of “Printer Update” has to be selected now.
- This is followed by downloading the updates for the firmware as well as installing them.
Option 2: Update Using HP Printer
To update the firmware directly from your HP printer, you will require the ePrint button. Once you’re sure that the button is available, you can opt for Setup. From here, you can get the necessary firmware updates. After they have been installed, the HP laser printer 79 service error can get resolved.
- In case your HP printer has the “ePrint” button, press it. Alternatively, you can choose the icon for “HP ePrint“.
- Go to “Setup” from the “Settings”.
- Find “Product Update”. Or you can select “Check Product Updates”.
Caution: In case your HP device is inclusive of menus that are text-based, you can go to “Service”, “Setup” or “Settings”. After that, you can choose “Tools”, “Printer Maintenance” or “Preferences”. Followed by this, you can pick “Web Services”, “LaserJet Update” or “Printer Update”.
- Comply with the service terms or you can opt for logging in to your account via your account. You can go through the directions for the same on the display as well as turn on “Web Services” in case needed.
- When the updates have been installed, your HP printer has to be manually started over.
After starting it over, try to give a print command or use any other function. Make sure that the error code is not being generated now.
Option 3: Use HP Smart App to Update
The HP Smart App is supported by certain printer models of the brand. The application lets you install the updates for the firmware within a few minutes. Thus, with all speed, it enables you to fix the error 79 as well. You can run the app and go to its settings. You can select the updates that are available and download them.
- Begin with downloading the “HP Smart App”.
- Launch the application.
- Pick the name of the printer for launching the setup.
- Head to “Settings (Advanced)”.
- Then opt for “Advanced Settings”.
- Choose “Tools (Web Services)”.
- Then select “Printer Updates (Product Update)”.
- Press “Check Now”.
- Using the directions on the display, download and install the updates for the firmware.
- After this, start over the device.
Fix 9: Implement Printer Troubleshooter on Windows 10
In case the HP service code 79 is being experienced while using a Windows 10 system along with it, you can run the Printer Troubleshooter. You can enter a command in Run for opening it. After that, you can click on Troubleshooting and navigate to the section titled Get up and Running. This will be accompanied by running the built-in tool for settling the error code.
- Launch “Run” from the “Start Menu” of Windows 10.
- Write ”ms-settings:troubleshoot” in “Run”.
- Push the “Enter” key.
- Go to the tab titled “Troubleshooting”.
- Scroll below to find “Get up and Running”.
- Select “Printer”.
- Opt for “Run the Troubleshooter”.
- The scanning process should start now. You will be requested to wait till the process is over.
- During the process, certain fixes may be served as recommendations. Press “Apply”.
Note: Based on the fix that is available in the recommendation, you will be provided with the directions. These have to be manually performed by you.
- Now, your system has to be rebooted.
Fix 10: Connect with HP Support
In case the HP printer error code 79 service error is occurring even now, the best bet will be to connect with HP Support. Any cause that is going unrecognized to fix the issue will be identified by the HP Support team. Gradually, the team will be able to implement the exact fix for getting rid of the error code.
How Do I Troubleshoot HP LaserJet Pro 400 Service Error 79?
Users of HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer often encounter a service error on their device. To resolve the 79 service error on HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer, cancelling the print jobs and then removing the device has been effective. Additionally, if you have this printer, then you can check its IP address and get the latest updates available.
To find more information about these fixes, you can read the sections presented as follows.
Fix 1: Cancel Print Jobs and Remove your HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer
The 79 service error on HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer can be settled by clearing all the print jobs and then removing your device. This can be done by opening the box named See What’s Printing. Here, you can find all the print jobs which have been assigned and to which accounts. Then you can remove them and further remove your HP printer by visiting the Devices and Printers section.
In case you need clear directions to do what we have described above, you can read here.
- Begin with turning off your HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer.
- Ensure all the print jobs have been removed. This should be done from your main computer and any other systems.
- Click on “See What’s Printing” in the domain network.
- Check the print jobs assigned.
- Sign in to the accounts to whom the print jobs have been assigned. You will be required to remove the accounts connected to the domain network.
- Then from the “Devices and Printers” list, remove your printer.
After this fix has been performed, you can use your HP printer. The HP LaserJet Pro 400 error 79 should stop emerging on your device now.
Fix 2: Check IP Address and Install Updates for HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer
The owners of HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer can face the HP 79 service error when the IP Address is not correct and the updates have not been installed. To check the IP Address of your HP printer, you can visit Network via the Control Panel. Here, you can check the IP address and see to it that you are connected to the home network. Thereafter, you can open the Settings via Home and download the latest updates.
- Ensure your HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer has been turned on.
- Check that the internet connection has been established on your HP printer. For this, the Ethernet can be attached to your device and router/modem.
- Press the icon of “Network” on the “Control Panel”.
- On your HP device, confirm its “IP Address”. In case the “IP Address” is “192.168.XXX.XXX“, you can be sure that you have been connected to the home network.
- On the “Home Screen”, choose “Settings”.
- Choose the option of “HP LaserJet Update”. Look for any updates available. Then download the latest updates for your HP printer.
- The next step is to reboot your printer. Doing so will give effect to the updates you have downloaded.
- Now, check for the HP LaserJet Pro 400 79 service error.
Error 79 Fixes and Compatible HP Printer Models
The fixes provided in this blog for the error 79 will work on the following models of HP LaserJet Pro Printers:
|HP LaserJet Pro 200 Printer||HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer||HP LaserJet Pro 500 Printer|
|HP LaserJet Pro 300 color MFP M375NW Printer||HP LaserJet MFP M277DW Printer||HP LaserJet Pro M402N Printer|
|HP LaserJet Pro MFP M281FDW||HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277DW Printer||HP Color LaserJet CP5225 Printer|
|HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477|
On other printer models of HP too, you can use these measures to get rid of the error 79. Some of these models have been provided here.
|HP M401 Printer||HP M401N Printer|
To Wind up
The service error 79 on HP printers needs to be fixed if you wish to continue using your device. To fix it without using any hard methods, we assisted you today. Here, we showed you the fixes that will help you in removing this error in simple ways. Also, the 79 service error on LaserJet Pro 400 HP Printer can emerge in certain situations. We taught you the fixes to throw away this error from this HP printer’s model.
If you are facing any problems with your device’s printhead, then this blog on HP printhead error should help you out. Let us know in what more ways we can help you. Our comment section is accessible at all times.
Following the aforementioned steps should resolve HP LaserJet Pro 400 service Error 79. In case you need help, Call Expert @ USA/Canada +1-866-496-0452 & UK +44 2896 002856