Nothing can be more frustrating than getting recurrent error messages while working on your computer. Not only are these error messages annoying, but also bring down your productivity to a halt. Similar is the case with HP printers as well. Sometimes, when you give a print command from your computer, your HP printer fails to print, and instead displays the HP printer error code 49.4c02 and asks for restart.
This error message usually occurs due to miscommunication between the printer and the computer that generates the print command. If not fixed properly, this could become a permanent problem, rendering your printer non-functional, as whenever you would start your printer, the error message would appear within seconds. In case you are facing this error message on your computer and are looking for ways to fix it, we can help.
In this article we’ll show you some manual ways to fix this issue. You can follow our below-mentioned DIY resolution steps or call us on our toll free HP support number 1-844-851-9487 for expert help. Our certified technicians can help you successfully resolve the error message in no time to bring back your HP Printers speed and performance.
Resolution to fix HP Error Code 49.4c02
Solution 1: Upgrade printer’s firmware
To update the printer’s firmware, you first have to check the Firmware Version running on your printer. For this,
- Turn on your printer.
- Once ready, print a Configuration page.
- Now, go to the Administration or Information or the Configuration section in the menu.
- Note down your printer’s current firmware version
- Now go to the HP’s drivers support website.
- Click on “Enter my HP model number” and enter your printer model name. The support page will open for that printer.
- Now select your Windows version under Operating system.
- Click on the Firmware section.
- Latest Firmware will be displayed on top. Click on the Download button to download it.
- Now run the Firmware update Utility.
- Select your Printer from the drop down list. Click on Send Firmware to update your printer’s firmware to its latest version.
Solution 2: Update Drivers to PCL6 Driver
Using PCL6 drivers for HP printers is known to resolve HP Printer Error Code 49.4 c02. However, to install PCL6 drivers, you first have to download it. For this,
- Go to HP’s drivers support website.
- Enter your printer model name.
- The support page will open up.
- Select your Windows version under Operating system.
- Now click on the Driver – Universal Print Driver to expand it.
- Search for HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6 and click the Download button to download it.
- Run the downloaded file to the location of your choice.
- Click Unzip to start the installation process.
- Follow the onscreen instructions now.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 3: Print PDF as Image
If you are trying to print a PDF file that has complex fonts, then it can mess up your printer’s memory and lead to Error 49.4C02. To counter this issue, you need to print your PDF file as an image. For this,
- First clear the print queue.
- Now restart the printer.
- Open the PDF that you were trying to print.
- Press Windows key + P to open the Print Window.
- Now click on the Advanced button.
- Put a Check next to the ‘Print As Image’ box.
- Click OK and Print the document.
- Check if the issue has been resolved.
This should solve the HP 49.4 c02 Service Error. Should you need further help in resolving the issue, give us a call. Dial our toll free HP technical support number 1-844-851-9487 and get in touch with our expert technicians. They have all the skills and expertise in resolving even the most complex HP printer issues and errors, and can help you fix Error Message 49.4 c02 in no time. We assure 100% resolution of all issues in the minimum wait time possible. So call us to enjoy the best remote tech support experience for your HP printers.