Trying hard but unable to turn your HP laptop on? Do not fret! This guide brings to you a number of fixes trying on which you can learn why your HP laptop won’t turn on even when plugged in.
- Why My HP Laptop Won’t Turn On?
- How to Fix “HP Laptop Won’t Turn On” Issue Even When Plugged in?
Why My HP Laptop Won’t Turn On?
There can be several reasons why your HP laptop is not turning on. Even when you press the power button, the light might blink but your laptop screen might not work. In other situations, the laptop shows a blank screen that could be in blue or black color. These issues can be caused due to poor battery or external hardware. Therefore, in this blog, you will learn why the HP laptop screen won’t turn on.
How to Fix “HP Laptop Won’t Turn On” Issue Even When Plugged in?
If your HP laptop screen does not turn on, there are multiple tasks you can perform on your laptop. For instance, you can check the battery, disconnect the external devices, or hard reset the laptop. Even after these methods, if you face the same issue then you can install and run the software and use BIOS settings. Below we will understand these methods manually. Let us get started.
Method 1: Check the Battery of Your HP Laptop
When your power source does not work properly, your laptop might not work and turn on. In such a scenario, you can troubleshoot the laptop’s battery and ensure it is working suitably.
- If you find the battery damaged then you need to replace it immediately. Then, you can start the laptop. As an alternate option, you can also remove the battery of your laptop and then connect the charger to your laptop. This might fix the “HP laptop won’t turn on” issue.
- In case you use the power charger as the source of your laptop power then you need to check the charger port as well as a power cable. Doing so, you can make sure if the AC adapter or charge cable is working correctly. If you find any issue with the cable, you can contact the HP support team and get your cable replaced or repaired.
After checking up on your laptop battery, if you do not find any obstacle with the battery then you can try using the AC adapter in order to boot your laptop and check if that works. Yet, if you think why won’t my HP laptop turn on then you can try on another method.
Method 2: Disconnect All External Devices
In this method, you are supposed to remove the external devices that you have connected to the laptop as this may cause the laptop unable to turn on. It happens because a few of the devices head to hardware conflicts with HP laptops. However, to remove the external devices, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you need to make sure that the laptop is turned off.
- Next to this, you can remove all external devices connected to your laptop. It could be a printer, USB drives, and docking station.
- As the last step, you can use the power button and turn your laptop on.
When you turn on the laptop after applying all the above actions, If the problem still persists then you can turn your laptop off and connect one of the hardware devices and press the power button to turn on your laptop. In case you find a problem after connecting the device then you should update the drivers so that your device can work properly. If your HP laptop won’t turn on light flashes then switch to the next method.
Method 3: Hard Reset your HP Pavilion Laptop
If your HP Pavilion laptop won’t turn on then you can try on this method to fix the issue. By resetting the laptop, there are chances that your laptop will turn on. Let us know why won’t my HP laptop turn on.
- To begin, make sure that your laptop is turned off.
- If your laptop has any kind of external devices connected then you are required to remove them.
- In the next step, you need to remove the power charger from your laptop and exclude the battery.
- After this, you can use the power button by pressing and holding the button for 30 seconds.
- Now, you need to connect the power adapter.
- Then, you can use the power button in order to turn the laptop on.
- As the last step, you can connect the battery with your laptop.
Method 4: Fix ‘Laptop Won’t Turn On’ Issue using Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius
If your HP stream laptop won’t turn on then you can take help from Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius Software. With the help of this Windows rescue tool, you can use a number of functions such as Password & Key Recovery, Windows Rescue, Disk Tools, and Data Recovery. Using this software, you can fix several issues including files disappearing, computer crashes, and Windows login password losses. To know how to use this software, below are the following steps.
- Since your HP Envy laptop won’t turn on, you will have to download Windows Boot Genius from the official website with the help of another computer. After it gets downloaded, you can start with the installation on that other computer.
- Once it is installed, you can run this software. In the meantime, you can prepare for the blank DVD/CD/USB.
- Then, you can connect any of the drives to the computer.
- After that, you need to click on the ‘Burn’ button in order to burn the bootable disk.
- Now, switch to your HP laptop and restart it.
- Then, press the F2/Delete/F10 key immediately.
- At this point, you are required to enter the BIOS setting. You can change the setting from the removal drive to boot.
- After saving the details, you can exit.
- Here, you need to wait for a short while until you see the information of Windows Boot Genius on your HP laptop.
- Thereafter, you can select the Windows Rescue option located on the left.
- In the Solution Center, you can select the Crash before loading bar option.
- And, then you can follow the instructions given on your screen and finish the process.
- After this, you can exit the Windows Boot Genius and remove the drive you connected before.
- In the end, you can try turning on your laptop.
Method 5: Resolve ‘Laptop Won’t Turn On’ Issue with BIOS Settings
When your HP laptop is unable to boot after the Windows 10 update, sleep mode, or any other unknown reasons then the BIOS setting is the only option to resolve the issues. The steps below will enlighten you on how to BIOS setting when HP laptop won’t turn on even when plugged in.
- To begin the process, you need to press and hold the Power button for about 5 seconds. This will shut down your laptop.
- Next to this, you can turn on your laptop and use the F10 key instantly and keep on pressing this key until the BIOS setting page displays on the screen.
- Thereafter, you can press the F9 key and choose the Yes button.
- Here, you can press the Enter button in order to recover the BIOS to its default settings.
- At this point, you can exit the BIOS page and restart the HP laptop. This will restart as normal and your laptop will turn on successfully.
If your HP laptop won’t turn on even when plugged in then you can perform the aforementioned methods on your laptop to fix the issue. There can be many reasons when a laptop won’t turn on HP but you can fix it at home with simple solutions. For instance, you can check up on the battery, remove external devices, and hard reset the laptop. Yet if your laptop is unable to turn on then you can use Windows Boot Genius software or fix issues with BIOS settings.