There can be multiple reasons that you wish to hard reset your iPhone. However, being an iPhone user, one must know the right way to reset the phone while preventing the phone data. If you are looking for a guide on how to hard reset iPhone 11 then this guide will enlighten you about it. Furthermore, you can learn to reset your iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone Pro Max while saving the phone data.
What is Hard Reset?
Before we jump to the reset process, let us know what hard reset is. Hard reset is quite different then the soft reset and force reset. Hard reset is also known as the factory reset which means it resets the iPhone in a way that it was during the time of purchase. In simple words, it wipes out all the data, settings, and other information. In case your phone is not working properly then you can initiate the process of iPhone 11 hard reset.
How to Hard Reset iPhone 11 Pro Max?
Whenever you proceed with the iPhone 11 hard reset formula, you will have to keep one thing in your mind that you backup your data. Because after resetting the phone, you will lose all the data on your phone. So it would be great if you create a backup so that you can recover it later.
If you are willing to know how to hard reset iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, or iPhone 11 Pro then you can implement a few of the methods mentioned in this guide. These methods involve the Settings app, iPhone side buttons, and iCloud app. By applying these iPhone 11 hard reset methods, you can easily get your job done. Let us know more about how to hard reset iPhone 11.
Method 1: How to Do a Hard Reset on iPhone 11 using the Settings App?
By using the Settings app, you can quickly perform iPhone 11 Pro hard reset method. If you are curious to know about how to do a hard reset on iPhone 11 then below are the following steps that you can perform.
- First of all, you need to go to the Settings app.
- Next to this, you can tap the General option.
- Now, you can go to the Reset section.
- At this point, you will find a number of reset options. You can choose the Erase all Content and Settings option.
- Once done, your screen prompts you to take a backup and erase the device. After creating the backup when you select the Erase Now option, you will need to put the passcode in order to confirm the action.
When you are done applying all the above-mentioned steps, your phone starts resetting. The process might take a while and then it reboots the device automatically. After that, you can set up your phone and restore the backup you took before. So, whenever you wish to quickly hard reset your phone, start this process of iPhone 11 pro max hard reset.
Method 2: How to Hard Reset an iPhone 11 with Side Buttons?
To reset your phone, you must have used the side buttons of your phone. In this method, you will learn the same. If you are willing to know how to hard reset an iPhone 11 using iPhone buttons then you can look for the following steps mentioned down below. These steps are also applicable to the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone Pro Max.
- To get started, you can press the Volume up button and release it.
- Next to this, you can press the Volume Down button and release it.
- Then, you can press the Side button (lock button) until you see the Apple logo on your phone screen then release it.
While you perform these steps, a slider displays on your iPhone to Power Off. However, you do not have to do anything with the power off slider, just press and hold the buttons until your screen turns all black. Later your phone shows the Apple logo and then it will restart. This is the best solution for hard reset of iPhone 11 you can try.
Method 3: How to Hard Reset iPhone 11 Pro Max using iCloud?
Whether you use the latest or older models of iPhone, iCloud helps to hard reset iPhone 11 without password. By using iCloud service, you can hard reset on iPhone 11 Pro Max and other series such as iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS, and others. If you want to learn how to do a hard reset iPhone 11 using iCloud then you can go through the following steps discussed below.
Create a Backup
- Go to the Settings app and tap your name and then select iCloud.
- Alternatively, you can go to the Settings and tap iCloud.
- Then, you can select the option to back up almost everything including your Contacts, Photos, Notes, and others.
- Once done, you can scroll down and tap iCloud Backup.
Access Reset Menu
- Go to the Settings.
- Select the General option.
- Now, choose the Reset option located at the bottom.
Reset the iPhone
- Select the Erase All Content and Settings option located at the top.
- At this point, you might need to enter the passcode.
- Once done, you can choose the Erase iPhone option.
Restore the iPhone
- When you are done resetting your iPhone, you can if the phone is restored to the original factory settings.
- Thereafter, you can set up your phone and restore the data from the iCloud account.
This is the simple and safe process of iPhone 11 hard reset. So, if you are curious to know how to hard reset an iPhone 11, the iCloud option is best to follow for the factory reset.
Resetting the phone might be tricky at times as people fear losing their data. If you are one of them who wants to hard reset their phone safely then you can quickly perform iPhone 11 Pro hard reset methods mentioned above. For the process of the iPhone 11 Pro Max hard reset, you can go through the phone’s settings or use the side buttons to get the job done. By following the iCloud option, you can also learn how to hard reset iPhone 11.