Do you know how to print from iPhone to HP printer? Learn here with us!
Apple devices have a built-in printing feature called AirPrint. Using this wireless printing solution, you can print your documents or photos directly from your iPhone to the HP printer. This is what this blog is going to reveal how to print from iPhone to HP Envy 4520 or other HP printer models.
However, one has to make sure that Apple AirPrint is supported for your HP printer. Although most HP printers work efficiently with Apple AirPrint. But, in case your HP printer is not eligible for working with Apple AirPrint then what will you do? Well, we have solutions to your problem.
Therefore in this article, we will talk about how to print from iPhone to HP printer with or without AirPrint. Before moving forward, you need to learn how to set up wireless HP printer from iPhone.
How to Set up Wireless HP Printer from iPhone?
The first and the foremost thing you can do is set up the network connection. You can connect the Printer and Apple Device Wirelessly (to use AirPrint). Doing so, your iPhone can send prints from your HP printer.
1. Enable Wi-Fi
Turn on the Wi-Fi on your iPhone. (If your phone is connected to some other network, make sure you tap on your network name to join it).
2. Check Your Printer Network Connection Status
For Printers with touchscreen control panel
- Go to “Network Settings” or “Setup” to see the network connection status.
- Alternatively, tap the “Wireless” icon to check the status.
For Printers with no touchscreen control panel
- Press the “Wireless” and “Information” button together.
- Alternatively, you can press the “Wireless” and Start Copy Black” button together.
- This will print the “Wireless Test Report” with network connection status.
3. Connect Your Printer to the Network
In case your printer is connected to your network then you can directly start printing. But if not then you can connect it using the following steps.
For Printers with touchscreen control panel
- On your HP printer, open the “Setup Network” or “Wireless” menu.
- Select “Wireless Setup Wizard”.
- After this, follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to the network.
For Printers without touchscreen control panel
- Press and hold the “Wireless” and “Cancel” buttons together until you see the power light flashing.
- For Tango printers, you can press the “Wireless” button for about 5 seconds until you see the Edge light flashing blue.
Thereafter, you can press and hold a Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on the router. This will establish the connection. When the Wireless light on your printer stops blinking, it indicates the connection process is complete.
Now you have connected your Apple device to the printer wirelessly. Next to this, you can start printing from the iPhone to the Apple device.
If it is required then you can view or cancel the print job through the App Switcher. By following these steps, you will be done with the setup for both iPhone and HP printers.
Now learn how to print from iPhone to HP Envy 4520 or other models. We will know the different methods to print.
- For instance, you can print from an iPhone to an HP printer using an Apple device (AirPrint option). This wireless printing solution is quick to perform.
- Use the HP Smart app for better functionality to send prints to your HP printer. This is another wireless solution for printing.
- Besides that, you can connect your iPhone to the PC and use Google Chrome’s printing option. This will send prints from your iPhone to the HP printer.
How to Print from iPhone to HP Printer with AirPrint?
Once you are done establishing the connection, you can print your documents or photos from your iPhone to the HP printer.
As mentioned earlier, AirPrint is a wireless printing solution for users. If you want to learn how to print from iPhone 5s to HP printer using AirPrint then you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, make sure that your printer is on, plain paper is loaded, and the ink cartridge is installed.
- Now, on your iPhone, you need to find the document or photos that you want to print.
- When you find the document, tap on the “Share” icon.
- Now, tap on “Print” or “print icon”. This will open the “Printer Options”.
- Go with the “Select Printer” option to choose your printer.
- Here, you can change the print job settings which are as follows.
- Paper: You can put a paper of any size on the printer. AirPrint detects the paper size or the size you choose on the control panel automatically.
Note: In case the printer detects the paper size is different from the paper size in the tray then this might show an error during the printing process.
- Number of copies: Select the number of copies you want to print.
- Black & white: Choose to print in Grayscale. (This option displays for the color printers only).
- Double side print: Print on both sides depending on the file type.
- Page range: Select the pages to print.
That’s all! This is how you can quickly print documents directly from your iPhone to the HP printer. The advantage of this method is that it saves your time and makes you productive.
How to Print from iPhone to HP Printer without AirPrint?
As we said before, AirPrint might not support all the HP printers. If you have an older model of HP printer such as HP Deskjet 840 then you won’t be able to print using AirPrint. This is because AirPrint supports only the latest models of HP printers.
If you are unable to print using AirPrint then you must have thought “how to print from iPhone to HP printer without AirPrint?”.
Fortunately, there is a simple answer to your question and that is the HP Smart app.
HP smart app works efficiently for various purposes such as Copy, Print, and Scan the document. It also helps you to troubleshoot the printer issues. If you want to know how to print from iPhone 7 plus to HP printer then you can go through the following instructions.
Note: This method can be performed on any iPhone model, e.giPhone 5s, 6, 7, or 11.
1. Download HP Smart App
First of all, install the HP smart app on your iPhone. The app can work on iOS 10 or later versions. To download the app, you can do the following.
- Launch the desired web browser on your iPhone.
- Visit the “123.hp.com” website.
- Install the “HP Smart” app on your iPhone.
2. Connect to the Network
- Check if your phone is connected to a wireless network.
- Then, launch the “HP Smart” app on your iPhone.
- On iOS 13, you can allow “Bluetooth and location permissions”, when prompted.
3. Set up Printer
If the HP printer displays with Set-Up, you can add your “HP printer” to the “HP Smart” app following the on-screen instructions.
If the HP printer does not display then you can go to the (+) sign. Then, you can choose the name of your HP printer from the list. After that, follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
Once you are done establishing the connection between both the devices, you can start printing the documents from iPhone to the HP printer. This method is for those users who do not have the latest HP printer. With this method, you do not need to use AirPrint.
How to Print from iPhone 7 Plus to HP Printer using Your PC?
Another way to know how to print from iPhone to HP printer without AirPrint is to use your computer. All you are required to connect your iPhone to your computer and start printing your documents. Let’s know how to do that.
- When you connect your iPhone 7 or other models to your PC, tap on “Trust” on your phone.
- Now, select the categories that you wish to export from your phone. If you want to save the messages from your phone to the computer, go to the “More” option and choose “Messages”.
- Then, you can select the folder to store your messages on your PC.
- Tap “Transfer” to export the messages from the phone to the PC.
- Wait for a while and save those files as HTML format on your PC.
- To start with printing, you can find that folder with HTML format.
- Click right the file or message you want to print and open it with Google Chrome.
- Click the “Menu” button clicking on the three vertical dots on the top right.
- Choose the “Print” option.
- Set the printing options as preferences and click “Print” to start the printing process.
Similarly, you can print other documents using your Google Chrome’s printing option.
Special Tip: You can also try using other third-party printing apps. This will assist you in the printing process from your iPhone to the HP printer.
Apple iPhone allows you to print directly using the AirPrint option. However, your HP printer does not support AirPrint then you can use the HP Smart app to print wirelessly. If required then you can also take advantage of your Google Chrome’s printing option or the third-party app.
You may also find these guide helpful: