How To Connect A Lexmark Printer To A Computer
On purchasing a Lexmark printer, the costumes are also given a CD. This CD contains instructions that help customers to understand How to Connect Lexmark Printer to Computer. The CD comprises of software driver that is required for the functioning of the printer.
Even without the CD, it is a reasonably simple task to figure out How to Connect a Lexmark Printer to a Computer. You can freely download the software driver of the printer from your vendor’s official website.
However, most of the time it seems very difficult to follow the complicated instructions given in the CD. As often instructions are given in technical terms that are difficult for a layman to understand.
Following are the 5 steps that will help you to identify – How to Connect a Lexmark Printer to a Computer
- Step 1. Use the USB operator to connect your printer to a power source and then to your computer. It will take a few minutes for the connection between the computer and the printer to take place.
- Step 2. Using the web browser go to your Lexmark printer’s official website. In the website search for your device using the model number. Once you have found your device, click on it and then click on the download section. Under the download section, download all the available drivers and firmware for your Lexmark printer and then install them one by one. After installing, your computer may shut down as a result of specific changes being made.
- Step 3. Next, you need to open the control panel on your computer and select “Add a printer device.” This will allow your computer to detect the Lexmark printer. Once your computer has detected the Lexmark printer, you need to select the printer name, i.e., Lexmark printer, from the given option.
- Step 4. Once the computer switches on again, it will start the configuration and installation of the Lexmark printer. Next, you must select the default settings in the wizard, or you can also customize a few options if you require a specific setting. Now accordingly follow the on-screen instruction to finish the setup
- Step 5. After completing the installations, your computer along with your printer will restart again so as to implement the new changes.
After the restart, try printing a test page to check if your Lexmark printer is working.
I hope the following above steps will help answer your question on “How Do I Connect My Computer to My Lexmark Printer.” If after trying you are still unable to connect your printer to your computer then you can try contacting the vendor from whom you have purchase the printer.
Apart from the question on “How to Connect My Lexmark Printer to My Computer,” people may also find difficulty in figuring out How to Connect Lexmark Wireless Printer to Computer,
Following are the steps on How to Connect Lexmark Printer to Computer Wirelessly.
- Step 1. Use the USB cable to connect the printer and computer by plugging one end of the cable to your printer’s USB port and the other to the wireless print server.
- Step 2. The next step includes the plugging in of the Ethernet cable to the wireless print serve’s Ethernet port. The opposite end is then to be plugged into the free port of the concerned wireless router.
- Step 3. Next, you will need to switch on your respective Lexmark printer along with your printer server. You will also need to plug the concerned server into the AC adapter.
- Step 4. You then need to insert the installation disk in your computer which was made available along with the wireless server. You then have to follow the instructions which will be displayed on your screen accordingly. By following the said instruction you will be able to execute the setup process correctly. Upon the execution of this step, the print server will then automatically get connected to the wireless network.
- Step 5. An individual can also use the installation disk to install all essential print drivers on their computers. Now, as per your computers, it will be able to recognize the Lexmark server and the print server.
I hope the following above steps will help answer your question on How to Connect Lexmark Printer to Computer Wirelessly. If after trying you are still finding difficulty then you can try contacting the vendor from whom you have purchase the printer for technical support or visit the Lexmark official website, “www.lexmark.com,” and register your queries there.