Update your computer and the printer. Go to Windows Update and download/install the latest drivers for your computer. Do the same with your printer, go to your printer control panel settings and check for the latest updates and install them.
Having Trouble In Resolving Printer Error Call Expert @ USA/Canada +1-844-414-5222 & UK +44 2896 002856
HP 6255 Printer Experienced Unexpected Configuration Problem 0x8000ffff
For error codes like 0x8000ffff on HP 6255 printer, you can perform simple fixes. This error code mainly arises when your Windows OS has not been updated, your HP printer is not shareable, the printer driver is not updated, or there is a problem with your system’s browser.
How to Fix Unexpected Configuration Problem
Check out the fixes for 0x80070002, 0x80040154, 0x8007007e and 0x8000ffff unexpected configuration problem due to window OS not updated.
Fix 1: Try adding your HP printer again
The first thing you should do is try to add your HP printer again to fix 0x8000ffff Error Code. It worked well for me when my printer was bugged by the same error code. Here are the steps.
- Press the “Windows” key along with the “R” key on your computer’s keyboard.
- Type in “ms-settings:printers” in “Run” and hit “Enter”.
- Tap the “+” icon next to “Add a printer or scanner”.
- When your HP Envy Photo 6255 Printer shows again, tap it. Your printer will be added again. Try printing a page now.
Fix 2: Make your HP 6255 Printer Shareable
When your HP printer has not been shared over the network, you can still see 0x8000ffff Error. Here is how you can make it shareable.
- Open the “Run dialog box” on your system.
- Type in “Control printers” and hit “Enter”.
- Go to “Device and printers”. In the “Printers” section, right-click on the printer showing the error code and open its “Printer properties”.
- Go to the “Sharing” tab, tick “Share this printer”, and press “Ok” to make the changes.
- Now, give a print command to check that it is working.
Fix 3: Update the driver of your HP printer
Sometimes, you will see the unexpected configuration problem 0x80070002 or 0x80040154 when your HP printer driver is out of date. If you don’t know how to update it, you can use this procedure.
- Simply restart your computer that is connected to your HP printer.
- Find “Check for updates” in the Windows.
- Install any updates available for your HP printer. Then try using it normally.
Fix 4: Remove the spooler files
In case you don’t know, spooler is a Windows software program. It manages the print jobs. You can clear the spooler files to remove this error on your printer. For this:
- Open “Run” on your system, type in “Services.msc” and hit “Enter”.
- You will find “Print spooler” in the services window. Right-click on it. Then press “Stop”.
- Open “Run” again, paste the command “%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers” and hit “Enter”.
- Open the “Printers” folder. Choose all the files and hit “Delete”.
- Go to the service window again. Click twice on “Print Spooler”.
- Set the “Startup type” to “Automatic”. Then press “Start” and tap “Ok” to make the changes.
- Finally, restart your Windows computer and use your printer error-free.
Fix 5: Try Windows Troubleshooter
You can use the Windows Troubleshooter too for this error code. Detecting the issues with your HP printer 6255 is one of its functions. To use this tool:
- Go to “Start”.
- Type “Troubleshoot” and open the “Troubleshoot settings”.
- Go to the section of “Get up and running” in the Troubleshoot window.
- Tap “Printer”.
- Tap “Run the troubleshooter”.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to find the printer issue. Then go through the instructions on your screen. This will solve the problem.
Fix 6: Try a different browser
You can also try changing your browser. Strange as it may sound, there may be some problem with your present browser. And if you are using the browser services to print something, then your HP printer can show this error. You can use a different browser to check if the error still persists.
Fix 7: Update Windows 10 OS
If the Windows are not up to date, then your HP printer can be hit by error codes like 0x8007007e. I have mentioned the steps below for updating the Windows 10 OS.
- Type in “Windows update” in the search bar.
- Press “Enter” to start the search,
- Click on “Check for updates”.
- Install the updates available for Windows 10 OS.
- Make sure that you reboot your system after updating the OS. Then use your printer. The error will not bother you now.
I hope these fixes work for you. Thanks for reading!