Businesses opt for the syncing of QuickBooks and Expensify to access several features. It has been found that Expensify integration with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop results in features such as simpler reporting, real-time synchronization, etc. For syncing the software and finding these features, applications like Expensify Sync Manager can be best. In addition, this integration can be directly done by signing into the expense-tracking platform or the accounting software.
To get a better idea of QuickBooks and its integration with Expensify, you can read this page. You can also go through the methods to integrate QB, QBO, QBDT, etc., with the platform. In addition, you can look at this integration’s features and advantages.
To navigate to a particular section, please utilize the following:
- Defining Expensify QuickBooks Integration
- How Do You Integrate Expensify with QuickBooks?
- How to Integrate Expensify with QuickBooks Online?
- How Does Expensify Integrate with QuickBooks Desktop?
- Main Features of Integrating QuickBooks with Expensify
- Advantages of Expensify’s Integration with QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Expensify Integration and Pricing
Defining Expensify QuickBooks Integration
For using QuickBooks and Expensify at the same time, integrating them can prove to be useful. This integration can be defined as successfully linking both accounts on these platforms. For both small and big businesses, Expensify’s integration with QuickBooks can introduce the users to different features and also be time-saving.
How Do You Integrate Expensify with QuickBooks?
The integration of QB with Expensify can happen via the expense-tracking site. You can access your account in Expensify and then choose an ideal plan. After this, you can open Expensify’s Settings/Policies. The name of your company can be added using Group Section. Moving to Connections, you can opt for QuickBooks and begin the synchronization.
To find more steps describing how does Expensify integrate with QuickBooks, please scroll below:
- Open “Expensify” and sign in to your account on it.
- Choose one of the following plans with respect to pricing:
- Visit either “Policies” or “Settings”.
- Via “Group Section”, select your company’s name.
- From the additional settings that you can see, use “Connections”.
- Pick “QuickBooks” from the applications displayed in the list.
- Press the link mentioning “Connect to QuickBooks”.
- On “QuickBooks Login Page”, fill in your username and password.
- Connect your accounts in “Expensify”.
- You will be prompted to start the syncing procedure. You can begin it.
- After making the selections on the display, tap on “Save”.
- Open the accounting software program.
- In “Overview”, ensure that your “Expensify” and “QuickBooks” accounts have been connected.
Now that you have gone through these steps, you would know the method to integrate Expensify with QuickBooks. While following the steps, the settings should be correctly made to complete the connection with no difficulty.
How to Integrate Expensify with QuickBooks Online?
The settings of Expensify can be entered when you wish to sync the platform with your QuickBooks Online account. The only requirement that should be met is the setup of employees. Along with this, the Expensify application can be put to use for performing the integration process. This app can be directly installed via QBO.
You can find the additional details for Expensify integration with QuickBooks Online as you keep reading.
Method 1: Integrating Using Settings of Expensify
We suggest that the users access the settings of their Expensify accounts for beginning the integration with QuickBooks Online. Along with this, in the accounting software, the setup of employees needs to be complete and certain options have to be enabled. Next to this, you can visit the Settings of the expense-tracking platform. Open Policies and choose Group to pick a policy. Now, using Connections, you can link your QBO and Expensify accounts.
Let us read more about how does Expensify integrate with QuickBooks Online.
- Ensure that your employees have been set up in “QBO”.
Note: The setup for employees can be done via “Employees” or “Vendors”.
- Turn on “Automatically Create Vendor” for making records for vendors.
- You may also enable “QuickBooks Online Payroll” when the submitters are being set up as employees.
- In “Expensify”, select “Settings”.
- Open the “Policies” option.
- Click on ‘Group”.
- Now, choose the name of the policy.
- Tap on the “Connections” option.
- After this, click on “QuickBooks Online.
- Next, you need to press the “Connect to QuickBooks Online” tab.
- Followed by this tab, you will see “Connect to QuickBooks”. Press this tab as well.
- When asked, log in to your “QBO: account.
- Select a file of the accounting software to link with “Expensify”.
Note: For every policy, only a single company file of QuickBooks can be chosen.
- After “QBO” has been connected with “Expensify”, you will be required to export your reports. Visit the page for “Reports” in “Expensify”.
- Select the checkboxes for exporting particular reports.
- Click on “Choose to”.
- Using the dropdown, select “QuickBooks Online”.
Tip: When some reports are not to be exported, please opt for “Mark as Manually Entered”.
With the export of the preferred reports to Expensify, integration with QuickBooks Online will be complete.
Method 2: Syncing with Expensify Application
The Expensify application lets you conveniently sync your QBO account. The app can be found after signing in to QuickBooks Online. In Apps, you can tap on Find Apps. With the help of this option, you can select Expensify. To start Expensify QuickBooks Online integration, it can be downloaded and launched.
- In step 1, you can launch the “QuickBooks Online” program.
- Now, tap on the “Apps” option.
- A menu will open. Run “Find Apps” from this menu.
- Using the “Search” tab, write “Expensify”.
- When the app is visible, press “Get App”.
- Let the application download.
- On completion, you can press the “Connect” tab.
The Connect option helps you to integrate your QBO account with Expensify. After the final step, the process may take longer than a few seconds to complete the integration.
How Does Expensify Integrate with QuickBooks Desktop?
By logging into both QuickBooks Desktop and Expensify, you can attempt to integrate them. After accessing your QBDT account, you need to run your company file in it. You can now move to Expensify. From its Settings, you need to get Expensify Sync Manager downloaded. The User Token can be selected from QuickBooks Desktop to run the manager. Expensify Sync Manager will take the process forward and integrate your accounts.
These directions discuss how to integrate Expensify with QuickBooks Desktop in more length:
- See to it that you are logged into “QBDT” or “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Open a company file of the software.
- Using “Mail Email”, map the email as well as set up the submitters for reports.
Note: Ensure that the submitters are set up as “Vendors”.
- In “Expensify”, run the menu for “Settings”.
- Go to “Connections”.
- Opt for “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Start downloading “Expensify Sync Manager”.
- Run the application.
- Ensure that “Expensify Sync Manager” and “QuickBooks Desktop” are running on the same server.
- Connect the application with your “QBDT” account.
- Look for “User Token” in the accounting software.
- Paste this token into the application.
- Wait for the status of “Expensify Sync Manager” to change to “Connected”.
- Select the “Continue” option.
- Click on “Yes, Always; Allow Access Even if QuickBooks is Not running”.
- Specify who the admin user is.
- Now complete the setup for Expensify QuickBooks Desktop integration.
Main Features of Integrating QuickBooks with Expensify
Let us go through the main features of integrating Your QuickBooks account with Expensify.
From QuickBooks to Expensify, you can sync your information as and when needed. Manually syncing the information of your business may not be needed.
Easier Reporting of Expenses
The reporting of expenses can be done on a real-time basis when your QuickBooks account has been linked to Expensify. Entries may not have to be made more often for the expenses.
Along with syncing your QuickBooks and Expensify’s information, you can customize the codability. That means you can decide how the information gets displayed prior to exporting your data.
Note: This integration is not limited to only 3 features. As you integrate Expensify with QuickBooks and its versions, you can avail of more features.
Advantages of Expensify’s Integration with QuickBooks
Below, you can view the best advantages of integrating Expensify with QuickBooks, QBDT, QuickBooks Online, etc.:
- Access to the Expensify application can be availed of. You can click pictures of receipts with this mobile application. Then you can easily track these receipts.
- The reconciliation of credit cards is a significant advantage of Expensify integration with QuickBooks Online, Desktop, or any other version.
- Several layers are available for approval once you have integrated QB and Expensify. The managers of your company can provide their approval with ease using these layers.
QuickBooks Expensify Integration and Pricing
The pricing structure of Expensify QuickBooks integration can include different charges. With the Expensify app, you will be required to submit $5 on a monthly basis with the Collect plan. On selecting the Control plan, the charges will include $9 each month. With a third-party application, the charges may not remain fixed. The plans can be looked into for knowing the correct prices on a monthly basis.
Integrating QuickBooks and Expensify can be beneficial for businesses. It can help in managing more tasks using a single integrated platform. In addition, their synchronization can automate processes and reduce the time to manually make entries. With the integration methods added above, these benefits can be availed of.
We can help you integrate QuickBooks with other sites and platforms as well. Click here to go through QuickBooks PayPal integration methods. If you wish to read how to integrate Square with QuickBooks, then this blog will be suggested.