A general journal entry is a type of accounting transaction that can be posted or entered to the general ledger directly. The general ledger of the company acts as the main group of accounts that are used to record income statement transactions and balance sheets. You can even export journal entries from QuickBooks to Excel when required. If you are searching for how to export general journal entries from QuickBooks to Excel, we will help you to understand the whole procedure.
In this QuickBooks guide, you will explore how to export a journal entry from QuickBooks to Excel. In addition, you will know the easy ways to export vendor transactions and customer transactions in QuickBooks.
Steps to Export Journal Entries from QuickBooks to Excel
In QuickBooks Online, journal entries and other transactions can only be exported through Excel format. However, you can use the converter program that will help you to convert Excel data to CSV (Comma Separated Value) file.
Here, we will show you to the procedure of QuickBooks export journal entries
Including customer transactions and vendor transactions. Let’s dive in.
How to Export General Journal Entries from QuickBooks to Excel?
To export journal entries from QuickBooks to Excel files, you can go through the Reports menu and open the Journal report. Here, you can select the dates for a particular period you want to export for journal entries. Thereafter, you can hit the Export button and press the Export to Excel button.
For step by step guide, you can pursue these steps:
- Click on the “Reports” menu.
- Then, search for the “Journal” report.
- After that, you can choose the “All Dates” using the “Report Period” drop-down menu.
- Hit the “Export” button located next to the “Gear” icon.
- Then, you can press the “Export to Excel” button.
How to Export Customer Transactions from QuickBooks to Excel?
As stated earlier, you can export other types of transactions. To export the customer transactions, you can go to the Sales menu, select the All Sales, click the Export icon and press the Export to Excel.
- Open the “Sales” menu.
- Then, click on the “All Sales” option.
- Press the “Export” icon located near the “Gear” icon.
- Now, click the “Export to Excel” button.
How to Export Vendor Transactions from QuickBooks to Excel?
To export the vendor transactions, you will have to move to the Expenses tab to open the Expenses section. From here, you can export your transactions to Excel format.
Follow these steps for more details:
- Navigate to the “Expenses” tab.
- Then, switch to the “Expenses” section.
- Now, press the “Export” icon. The icon must be located beside the “Gear” icon.
- After that, click on the “Export to Excel” button.
This is how you can export the journal entries, customer transactions, and vendor transactions in QuickBooks Online. Once the process of exporting a transaction is completed, you can convert the Excel file to a CSV file.
To Sum Up
If you want to export the General journal entry or other transactions, you can do it right from the QuickBooks Report menu. In this guide, we have explained how to export journal entries from QuickBooks Online. Along with this, we have shared the procedure of exporting the customer transactions and vendor transactions in QuickBooks Online.
Are you looking for similar guides on QuickBooks? Read the following topics you may be interested in:
- How to Change Ship to Address in QuickBooks?
- How to Import Budget into QuickBooks Online?