Despite the powerful features of QuickBooks, a user may encounter technical errors. One of the common errors is QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013. These errors appear when the QuickBooks Desktop does not have the proper banking setup or there is an issue while connecting with the banking institution.
- What is QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013?
- What are the Causes of QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013?
- How to Fix this QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 with Simple Solutions?
Therefore the article explains how you can fix this back connection error and get rid of the QuickBooks errors. Before you go further, know about what kind of error is this in QuickBooks that affects bank connections.
What is QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013?
While using QuickBooks online, you may encounter technical glitches especially while connecting with the bank, some time due to bank feed error it may caused OL-334 error. In this scenario, your desktop screen shows an error that states- “An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed”.
At this point, you will see two options on your screen:
- Click Cancel to discontinue setup
- Retry setting up the account again for online services.
If you see any of these two options, you can take support from QuickBooks service or troubleshoot the software in order to remove the QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013?
There can be several reasons that cause this QuickBooks error OLSU 1013 in QuickBooks. As mentioned earlier, the main reason is the issue with your bank. Probably, your banking institution is having some issues during the operation. Apart from bank problems, the following reasons can also be responsible for this OLSU 1013 error in QuickBooks.
- Outdated version of your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Your QuickBooks account is not connected with the bank or facing troubles in connecting with the bank.
- Unresponsive bank servers due to some undergoing maintenance or updates.
- The Financial Institution Directory is not updated.
- You are probably using a mode other than Side by Side or Express mode.
- Entering incorrect login credentials.
- The internet connection is poor and this is causing QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013.
Things to Remember Before You Proceed Troubleshooting to Resolve QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013
Troubleshooting can be the simple solution to throw away QuickBooks error OLSU 1013. But before you apply all the actions, keep a few things in your mind.
- You need to make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop is updated with the latest version.
- Also, ensure that you have a strong internet connection so that it becomes easy to access websites with no interruption.
- Try to login to your bank account online so that you can be sure that the credentials you are entering are correct.
- Update the Internet Explorer and also set it as your default browser.
- You must use QuickBooks in a single user mode.
After you are done following these steps then you can head to solutions in order to resolve the QuickBooks error OLSU 1013.
How to Fix this QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 with Simple Solutions?
While resolving the error, try the following solution in sequence. This would surely help you to fix the problem and remove the QuickBooks error 1013.
Enable the TLS 1.2 Protocol
- First of all, launch the Internet Explorer 11 and check the current version. If it is not the latest version, update it.
- Now, click on the Gear icon which is located on the right corner.
- Next to this, you can go to the Internet Options and then go to the Advanced tab.
- After that, you can go down to the Security Section. Here, you can unmark the USE TLS 1.0 and mark the USE TLS 1.2.
- Once you are done, click on the Apply button and then hit Ok in order to save the applied actions.
- In the end, you can close all the programs that are running and restart your computer.
Make a New Company File
- As the first step, you can go to the QB File menu and select New Company.
- Here, you can click on the Express Start option.
- Add your bank account facing problems.
- Next to this, you can set up your account for the Bank feeds on a new test company.
- Lastly, you can download the Bank Feed Transactions to test your account.
Create and Merge the Accounts
- On the account facing problems, you can click right and choose the Edit Account option.
- Next to this, highlight the account name and hit the Copy button.
- Here, you need to add (*) mark at the end of your account name.
- Thereafter, you can click on the Bank Feed Settings tab.
- Then, you can select the Deactivate All Online Services option and hit the Save & Close button.
- Now, you can go to the Chart of Accountants and create a new account.
- Here, you will have to paste the account name after removing (*) mark.
- Once done, close this file and open it again. This time, click on Chart of Accountants with this (*) mark.
- At this point, you can click right on the account and select the Edit Account option.
- Remove (*) mark and hit the Save & Close button.
- When your screen shows a Merge warning dialog box, click on Yes.
- Now you can go with Set up an account for Bank Feeds.
- Lastly, download all the transactions to the account that you have merged just now.
Deactivate Accounts that are Having Online Services
- In this solution, you can first check the Include inactive option located at the bottom of the Chart of Accountants.
- At this point, you are required to deactivate bank feeds for the inactive account.
- Now you can close the file and then open it again.
- In the end, you can set up every account for Bank Feeds.
It is pretty common to encounter errors while operating QuickBooks Desktop. But there is always a fix behind every technical glitch. QuickBooks error OLSU 1013 is one of those common errors that affect the bank connection. It interrupts services from banks like Bank of America, Capital One, Wachovia, or HSBC. If you are unable to connect with the bank server then you can troubleshoot the system to remove this bank error. The aforementioned solutions would help QuickBooks to come out of this QuickBooks error OLSU 1013.