Proceeding with the QuickBooks email setup can offer you several benefits. When you send the emails directly through QuickBooks, it saves a lot of your time and makes your moves smart. Additionally, from estimates to payment reminders, you can send everything via email once you set up the QuickBooks email service. If setting up your account on the QuickBooks software is something you have no knowledge of, then we will be pleased to guide you. The purpose of this blog is to teach you how to set up email in QuickBooks by following different ways. These ways can also be used for setting up the email service on QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks 2012, 2013, and 2015. Here, you can also explore the methods to set up QuickBooks email service for Gmail and Yahoo. Let’s get started!
The blog demonstrates a number of ways QuickBooks email setup including the following services:
- Prerequisites for QuickBooks Email Setup
- The Procedure of QuickBooks Email Setup
- How to Setup Email in QuickBooks Using Outlook?
- How to Administer Email Setup in QuickBooks via Webmail?
- How to Setup Email in QuickBooks Desktop with the Help of Outlook?
- How to Setup Email in QuickBooks 2012?
- How to Setup Email in QuickBooks 2013?
- How to Setup Email in QuickBooks 2015 for Gmail ID?
- How can I Administer Yahoo Email Setup in QuickBooks?
Prerequisites for QuickBooks Email Setup
Before you proceed with email setup in QuickBooks for the different versions, make sure you have the following:
- One email address from a service provider
- The username as well as the password of the email
- Outgoing and incoming email settings
- Information about the type of the server
Important: The outgoing and incoming email settings can be different depending upon your email service provider.
Without these prerequisites, it will be difficult for you to perform the methods in a smooth manner. Hence, make sure you gather these details.
The Procedure of QuickBooks Email Setup
As stated earlier, there are different ways to set up email accounts in QuickBooks. Here, we will show you seven different methods for setting up your email account in QuickBooks on your system.
It includes different versions of the QuickBooks software such as QuickBooks 2012, 2013, and 2015. In addition, you can learn to set up your Gmail and Yahoo accounts on QuickBooks. Email accounts can also be set up using Outlook and Webmail. We will also show you the method for establishing the email service on QuickBooks Desktop as well.
How to Setup Email in QuickBooks Using Outlook?
Setting up the QuickBooks email service can be done in a short while by using Outlook. You can configure Outlook using the email you have chosen for QuickBooks. Then, by opening QuickBooks, you can head to the Edit menu. You can select Preferences as well as Send Forms. Then with the help of My Preferences, you can set up the email service.
Now, you can go through the following steps for learning how to set up an email account in QuickBooks.
- Using your email address, you are required to configure Outlook.
Important: The email address which you will be using for the configuration of Outlook should be the one you will be using for QuickBooks.
- Launch “QuickBooks”.
- Click on “Edit”. This option will be located at the top in the “Menu Bar”.
- Now, you have to choose “Preferences”.
- Then click on “Send Forms”.
- In the sixth step, click on “My Preferences”.
- Next, you will find three options. Among these, the option of “Outlook Radio” has to be selected.
- The window of “Preferences” can be closed now.
- To test that the QuickBooks email setup has been correctly done, you can send an email to yourself.
While testing the setup, if the mail gets successfully sent, then you can be sure that the setup has been successful. In case the mail doesn’t get sent, you can test the setup again. If you are still facing issues while sending the email, then you can try the next method to set up email in this software.
How to Administer Email Setup in QuickBooks via Webmail?
To access this option, you can tap the Edit menu. After clicking on Send Forms, you can tap on My Preferences. Here, you will find the Webmail Radio option. You can fill in your QuickBooks email address.
To know better, you can go through the following steps to use the Webmail option for setting up your QuickBooks email.
- Go to the “Edit” menu.
- On the left, you will find the “Send Forms” option. Click on it.
- To continue, click on the “My Preferences” tab.
- Choose the “Webmail Radio” option.
- Provide your email address which you will be using for QuickBooks.
- Click on the checkbox for “SSL Security”.
- Enter the right “SMTP Server”.
- Then provide the correct “Port Configuration”.
- Press “Ok”.
- Now, you need to test the QuickBooks email setup. For this purpose, you can send an email to your own ID.
After the testing is complete and successful, your account is ready for further usage. Thereafter, you can send emails
How to Setup Email in QuickBooks Desktop with the Help of Outlook?
The users of QuickBooks Desktop can utilize Outlook for setting up the email service. This is also a time-saving method that involves a small number of steps. You can simply visit the Edit menu and from there you can go to Preferences. You can click on Send Forms. Then the option of Outlook will be available. You can select it to finish setting up the QuickBooks email service.
For better understanding, follow these steps:
- Open “QuickBooks Desktop” and then open the “Edit” menu.
- The second step requires you to pick “Preferences”.
- Next, click on “Send Forms” for selecting this option.
- Click on “Outlook”.
- Lastly, press “Ok”.
We will advise you to correctly administer the steps given above. After they have been administered, make sure that you test the setup. Checking the setup is an extremely important step. It will let you know that the steps have been correctly executed by you.
How to Setup Email in QuickBooks 2012?
To set up an email in QuickBooks 2012, you can access the Edit Menu. To continue, you can visit the Preferences. You will find the tab of My Preferences now. Choose the Send Forms option.
As you read ahead, you will get to know the remaining steps of this method.
- Ensure that your email profile in either Windows Mail, Outlook, or Outlook Express has already been set up.
- Next, start “QuickBooks”.
- Pick the “Edit” option.
- Select the option of “Preferences”.
- Open the tab titled “My Preferences”.
- Here, you need to tap on “Send Forms”.
- You may find that the email client has not been chosen. You can click on the option that you prefer and then press “Ok”. This is an optional step.
Important: In case your email profile is in Outlook 2010, it will be helpful to know that QuickBooks 2012 may not be supportive of this version.
How to Setup Email in QuickBooks 2013?
If you have QuickBooks 2013 and you would like to see how to set up email on it, then this section is a must-read for you. You will need an email profile prior to beginning with this method. Once you have created it, you can hop on to the Preferences from the Edit menu and start setting up Email on QuickBooks 2013.
You can follow the QuickBooks 2013 email setup procedure in the following steps:
- Begin with creating your email profile. You can make it in Outlook Express, Outlook, or Windows Mail.
- Setup your email profile after creating it.
- Launch “QuickBooks” in the third step.
- Tap on “Edit”.
- Then tap on “Preferences”.
- Open “My Preferences”.
- Next, opt for “Send Forms”.
- As an optional step, you can pick the email client you prefer, in case it has not been selected.
- Tap on “Ok” to finish this method.
We believe that these steps helped you easily learn how to set up email in QuickBooks 2013. In case these steps did not work for you, we will advise that you check the version of Outlook. If you have created the email profile in Outlook 2010, then it may not be supported by this QB software.
How to Setup Email in QuickBooks 2015 for Gmail ID?
Some of you may be willing to set up your Gmail account in QuickBooks 2015 on your system. If you do not know the method to setup email in QuickBooks 2015, then you can go through the steps given as follows.
All the steps of QuickBooks 2015 email setup are crucial. So, make sure that you administer them in a proper manner.
- On your system, ensure that “QuickBooks” has been opened.
- Tap on “Edit”.
- Clicking on “Preferences” is the third step.
- Now, the “Send Forms” option needs to be selected.
- You will see a window for adding the information. In this window, provide the details of your Gmail account.
- From the dropdown option of the “Email Provider”, you need to opt for “Gmail”.
- Press “Ok”.
- In the field of the “Email ID”, you will see the “Gmail” account provided by you. Ensure that your account has been selected as the default one.
- Now, hit “Ok”.
- Mail a report or transaction for testing whether the setup has been successful.
Important: At times, while performing this method to set up email in QuickBooks 2015, the users may face certain difficulties. They may not be successful in setting up their account correctly. The reason for this could be the incorrect login credentials of your Gmail account. If you too are facing any difficulties, then make sure that the login credentials of your account have been properly filled in by you.
How can I Administer Yahoo Email Setup in QuickBooks?
In this part of the blog, we will be providing you with the assistance needed to set up your Yahoo email ID in QB. For this, you will be required to start QuickBooks. A message for selecting the email method will be visible. You can hit the button for Setup My Email Now. Then from the window of Preference, you can start setting up your Yahoo account.
The detailed steps have been given here. Let us quickly go through them.
- Start “QuickBooks” and ensure whether you can see the message “Choose Your Email Method”.
Important: In case you cannot see the message “Choose Your Email Method”, you can visit the “Preferences”. You will find this option in the “Edit” menu,
- Then press the button for “Setup My Email Now”.
- In the window of “Preferences”, on the left, tap on the option of “Send Forms”.
- Now, visit the tab titled “My Preferences”.
- Next, tap on “Add”.
- In the window of “Add Email Info”, provide your “Yahoo” email ID in the field of “Email ID”.
- In the dropdown list of the “Email Provider”, you need to click on “Yahoo”.
Important: As soon as you choose “Yahoo” from the dropdown list of the “Email Provider”, the details of the “SMTP Server” will automatically get filled in. Then these fields will be grayed out.
- Tap on “Ok”.
- Ensure that in the field of “Email ID”, your Yahoo email ID is visible. Also, check that the Yahoo email ID has been chosen as the default ID.
- Again, press “Ok”.
- The final step of this method is to check that the setup has been correctly established. We will advise you to send an email to check it.
Important: In case you are prompted to fill in your password once or multiple times, do so. Also, see to it that the password of your email account has been correctly entered by you.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must have come across several questions in your mind related to the QuickBooks email setup. Thus, we are listing a few questions that may be asked by the users.
Emails can be set up by using Outlook. All you need to configure Outlook using the email you have chosen for QuickBooks. Then, by opening QuickBooks, you can go to the Edit menu, select Preferences, and Send Forms. Then with the help of My Preferences, you can set up the email service.
QuickBooks email setup can be performed using different services such as Webmail, Outlook, and QuickBooks Email. However, not every version supports all these three services. Hence, you should check the version compatibility before setting up your QuickBooks emails.
Launch Outlook -> Choose File -> Select Options -> Go to the General tab -> Scroll down to the Start up Options section -> Check the box located next to the Make Outlook the default program for Email, Contacts, and Calendar.
This blog carried numerous methods that helped you learn how to set up email in QuickBooks 2013, 2012, and 2015. For the different versions of QuickBooks, we studied different methods. We hope that while performing these methods to set up the QuickBooks email service, you check that the method is appropriate for the version of the software your system has. If you own a Gmail or Yahoo account, then you can use our methods for setting them up in the QuickBooks software.
Would you like to rate this blog? If you enjoyed reading it, then show us your acknowledgment of the same by giving it a good rating below.
Also, read our other blogs to learn how to add an account to QuickBooks and how to merge vendors in QuickBooks. These blogs have been featured with methods that you can easily understand.