As is well known that there is no automatic way to revert the transaction once it is voided by the QuickBooks users. However, you can make it possible and undo your action by re-entering the transaction manually. In case you have no clue how to unvoid a check in QuickBooks, we will teach you in this guide.
In this particular guide, we will enlighten you on how to undo a voided check in QuickBooks Desktop as well as in QuickBooks Online. Also, if you wish to see the voided transactions and unvoid the paycheck then you can learn that too.
What to Do Before You Unvoid the Check in QuickBooks?
If you prefer to unvoid the check in your QuickBooks account, then one has to perform a number of steps which are mentioned below:
- Launch QuickBooks software on your computer.
- Find the transaction to open them.
- Go to the “More” option located at the bottom.
- Then, select the “Audit History” option.
- Click on the “Show All” option located at the top right.
Doing so, you will see all the original details and edits for the transaction. Now that you are aware of the transaction history, you can start unvoiding the check in your QuickBooks account.
There are users who use QuickBooks Online whereas others use the desktop version of QuickBooks. Therefore, in this article, we will learn the procedure of unvoiding a check for both the QuickBooks versions (QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop).
How to Unvoid a Check in QuickBooks Online?
In QuickBooks Online, users cannot unvoid the check once it has been voided. However, you can undo your actions and unvoid a check by entering the transactions again in your account.
This can be done through the Audit History. To know how to undo a voided check in QuickBooks Online, you can go through the following steps mentioned below:
- Login to your “QuickBooks Online” account.
- Open the transaction that you wish to remove from void.
- Now, go to the “More” option located at the bottom of your screen.
- Then, enter the “Audit History”.
- Click on the “Show All” option. This will display all the information along with the edits you made in your transactions.
- During the time of transaction entry, it is important to make a record of your essential information.
- Thereafter, you can re-enter your transaction (that was voided) by using the back button in the web browser.
Once you are done following these steps, the records will be updated automatically. This is how you can unvoid a voided check in QuickBooks Online. You can also record a bounced check in QB.
Can You Unvoid a Check in QuickBooks Desktop?
Most users ask “can you undo a voided check in QuickBooks”? If you have the same query then the answer is “Yes”.
QuickBooks Desktop does not have an option to revert the transaction that you have voided. In case you wish to unvoid them, this can be done using the Audit Log. To understand better, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch “QuickBooks Software”.
- Click on the “Gear” icon.
- Then, click on the “Audit Log” option located under the “Tools” option.
- Now, select the “Events Filters” or “User Date” from the list of “Filters”.
- Click on the “Apply” option.
- Browse the invoice that is voided.
- Go to the “View” option located in the “History” column.
- Create a new invoice.
Once you are done creating the new invoice, you can use the same information in the Audit History. This way the voided invoice will be unvoided in QuickBooks Desktop.
Must Read: How to Reprint Checks in QuickBooks?
How to Find the Voided Transactions in QuickBooks?
In case you wish to find the voided transactions in QuickBooks, you can find them in the Audit Log option. For more clarity, you can go through the following steps stated below:
- Login to your QuickBooks account.
- Then, click the “Gear” icon.
- Go to the “Audit Log” option located under the “Tools” section.
- Here, you can apply the filters so that you can find the relevant information easily.
- Once done with interaction, hit the “Apply” option.
Once you follow these steps, you will find a list of all the required details related to the transactions.
How to Unvoid a Paycheck in QuickBooks?
Most users have been asking if they can also unvoid the paycheck in their QuickBooks account. If you want to do so, check out the following steps mentioned below:
- Launch the “QuickBooks” software.
- Then, go to the “Reports” tab.
- Click on the “Accountant and Taxes” option located under the context menu.
- Now, copy your transaction amount. For that, go to the transactions that are voided and copy the amount of the transaction.
- Now, click on the “Lists” menu.
- Choose the “Charts of Accounts” option.
- Then, click twice on the “Accountant” tab. This will open your account register that has all the voided transactions.
- After this, you can go to the “Register” so that the voided transactions can be viewed.
- At this point, enter the amount of your original transaction.
- Hit the “Save” button.
These are the ways to unvoid a paycheck in a QuickBooks account. All you have to copy the amount for the voided transactions and enter it into the original transaction. That’s it!
To Wind Up
Transactions or invoices cannot be reverted after you void them in your QuickBooks account. But you can re-enter a new transaction by using the amount of the voided transaction. This can be done in both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
In this guide, we have taught you how you can unvoid or undo the transaction that you have voided before. So, if you are stuck by this question “can voiding a check in QuickBooks be undone” then this guide will help you. Here, we have shown a step by step guide.