New QuickBooks updates boosts user experience by improving the stability of the program, removing outdated features, and providing patches to security loopholes. But did you know these critical updates sometimes pave way for errors that can give you headaches? And one such common error stemming from regular updates is QuickBooks error 179. To help you deal with this error effectively, we have got you the following guide.
This guide describes QuickBooks error code 179 in brief, the primary factors that cause this error, and the solutions to eliminate unwanted errors in QuickBooks.
- Learn About QuickBooks Error Code 179
- What Could Cause QuickBooks rebuild error 179?
Learn About QuickBooks Error Code 179
QuickBooks error 179 occurs when a user tries to log in to the bank’s website. If there are some issues associated with bank transactions or the website suddenly crashes then this error is likely to pop-up on your screen.
During the time you encounter QuickBooks error 179, one cannot receive any kind of data as it locks the bank website thoroughly.
Now, this becomes a serious concern when you cannot access the bank website in QuickBooks. It is because users might have to proceed with the transactions in order to examine the balance. Therefore, it is important to fix this error immediately.
What Could Cause QuickBooks rebuild error 179?
There can be several factors that may cause QuickBooks errors such as error 179. Here, we will jot down the causes of QuickBooks error 179.
- Transactions are missing within the database.
- Changes in reports such as bills or invoices posting with negative values.
- Missing company files from the host.
- Payments that are deposited appear in the Payments to the Deposit section.
- The reports of the balance sheet do not display all the accounts.
- Critical errors while using QuickBooks Desktop.
All these could be the reason that affects your QuickBooks functions due to which the bank’s website crashes. Before you get more frustrated with this error, start finding effective troubleshooting methods. Let’s read ahead!
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 179?
Now that you know the possible reasons that lead to an error, you can implement methods accordingly. Here, you are required to perform certain actions such as clear login details, clear browsing data, export backup key, update the financial institution, or log out from the QuickBooks online banking account.
Method 1: Clear Login Details from Browser
If you have logged in to your QuickBooks account in multiple browsers then the first thing you should do is to clear the login details. Here, we will show you a step by step guide to do that.
- Visit the web browser where you think you have logged in once.
- Then, log out from the bank’s website.
- Also, make sure that no one signs in to your bank account with the same credential. In case somebody has signed in accidentally, ask them to sign out.
- Now, launch the QuickBooks account on your computer.
- Enter your bank account credential to log.
Multiple logins for the bank account might not work in your QuickBooks account. Hence, you can try signing out the account from all the web browsers where you have logged in earlier.
By doing so, you can access your bank website in just one place. This might not show any error. If it does then you can switch to the next method.
Method 2: Clear Your Browsing Data
By clearing the cookies, cache, and browsing data, you can remove a number of browser bugs. To fix the QuickBooks error 179, you can follow these steps instructed below:
- Launch the “Chrome web browser” on your system.
- Click on the three vertical dots (located on the top right) to open “Settings”.
- Go to the “More Tools” option.
- Then, select the “Erase the Browsing Data” option.
Alternatively, you can also delete the data manually including browsing history, cached images and files, cookies and other site data, and more. Once done with the selection, you can hit the Clear Browsing Data button.
When you are done clearing the browsing data, you can try to login to your bank’s website with the correct credentials.
Method 3: Export the Backup Key
In this method, we will export the backup key of your QuickBooks Desktop. This can be done via the Command Prompt window. For that, you can do the following:
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Type “Command Prompt” in the search bar.
- Press the “Enter” button.
- In the “Command Prompt” window, type “Regedit”.
- Hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, select the “Error 179” when it appears in the “Registry Editor”.
- Then, go to the “Menu”.
- Hit the “Export” button.
- Select the backup key from your computer by clicking on the folder.
- Hit the “OK” button.
This process will update your registry key with the older QuickBooks version. Thereafter, you can browse the website of your bank and enter our login details to access the account.
Method 4: Sign Out From the Bank Account on Other Systems
If you are constantly seeing QuickBooks rebuild error 179 then you should try signing out from your bank accounts from all the systems. To do so, all you have to do is login into the computer system where you think that you have opened your bank account earlier.
Then, you can log out of your account. Similarly, check other systems and log out of your account. If some other user is using your credential, ask them to sign out. Once done doing that, you can log in to your bank’s website and enter your login details.
Method 5: Update Your Financial Institution
If the above-mentioned methods do not work as expected, this method is for sure going to help you. All you have to do is change the financial institution. Let’s know how to do that in the following steps:
- Log in to your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the “Tools”.
- Then, select the “Online Centre” option.
- Now, click on the “Financial Institution” option.
- Select the choice you want to make.
- Press the “Ctrl + F3” keys on your keyboard.
- Now, switch to the “Online Centre” and choose the “Contact Info” located at the top.
- Then select the “Financial institution” in order to update it.
- Click on the “Refresh” button.
- When you see a profile info prompt on your screen, select the “Update/Send” option.
- Then, type your password if required.
This is how you can update your financial institution. Once you are done, update your system and check for the error.
To Wind Up!
Due to technical errors or minor bugs, you can encounter QuickBooks rebuild error 179. By knowing its right cause, you can fix the problem related to your bank account website. If your bank’s website crashes or you fail to access the account then you can try to sign out your bank account from all the web browsers and computers.
Apart from this, you can clear browsing data, export your backup key, or update the financial initiation if needed. All these methods will help you to get rid of this error.
Do you want more such guides on QuickBooks errors? Go through the following links to fix certain errors in QuickBooks:
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 404?
- How to File 1099 Using QuickBooks?