QuickBooks error 6147 0 generally occurs while opening the QuickBooks company file or restoring the company file backup. There are several factors that lead to this error. We have compiled a list of some of the most common factors that cause QuickBooks error code 6147 0 along with best fixes. Here we go:
- Leading Factors of QuickBooks Error Message 6147 0
- How to Repair QuickBooks Error 6147 0?
Leading Factors of QuickBooks Error Message 6147 0
- The folder in which company files are stored is damaged.
- Windows Firewall has blocked the connection.
- The name of the QuickBooks company file includes special characters.
- TLG and ND files are corrupted.
- The QuickBooks version is outdated.
How to Repair QuickBooks Error 6147 0?
Before you fix the QuickBooks error code 6147 0, users should ensure that QuickBooks software is updated to the latest version. Thereafter, you can try accessing the QuickBooks company files. If you find the error hopping on your screen, you can begin with troubleshooting methods.
Method 1: Download QuickBooks Update
QuickBooks often release new updates to support additional features. Hence, one should make sure that QuickBooks Desktop is up to date. To reset and install the QuickBooks update, you can follow these steps:
- Close your QuickBooks program if opened.
- Hold down the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard until you see QuickBooks opened on your system.
- Click on the “Help” button.
- Select the “Update QuickBooks Desktop” option.
- Now, hit the “Update Now” button.
- Click on the “Get Updates” option.
- Hit the “OK” button if prompted.
- Close “QuickBooks Desktop” and reopen it.
- Click “Yes” if prompted to install new updates.
Once done updating the QuickBooks software, you can easily access your company files. If you still encounter QuickBooks error code 6147 0, try the next method.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
If QuickBooks company files are creating conflicts then you can run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. This will repair the file automatically.
Note: You can download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool separately. However, using QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can access more tools as this is a multi-purpose tool.
Once you download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can follow these steps:
- Launch the “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- Click on the “Company File” Issues tab on the left.
- Then, hit the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” button.
- Click the “Browse” button.
- Select the company file that you prefer to repair.
- Ensure that the “Check your file” button is selected.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Now, log in to the company file with administrative rights.
- Hit the “Continue” button.
By doing so, you can easily repair your QuickBooks company files. This will help you resolve QuickBooks error 6147 0.
Method 3: End Process in Task Manager
When you find difficulties opening company files, you can end tasks for QBW32.exe or QBDBMgr.exe. This can be done directly through the Task Manager on a Windows computer. Follow these steps to understand:
- Click right on the “Taskbar”.
- Then, click on the “Task Manager”.
Tip: Alternatively, you can use Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination to open Task Manager.
- Now, switch to the “Process” tab.
- Here, press the “Q’ key and keep on selecting the QuickBooks Processes such as “QBW32.exe, “qbudate.exe”, and “QBDBMgr.exe”
- Hit the “End Task” button.
Once you are done ending tasks for QuickBooks processes, you can launch QuickBooks company files to verify if the QuickBooks error code 6147 0 persists.
Method 4: Rename TLG and ND Files
Transaction Log (TLG) and Network Data (ND) files are used to run QB company files. If you change the name of these files, you may easily get rid of QuickBooks error code 6147 0.
Before moving forward, make sure you close all the opened tabs or windows of QuickBooks on all the devices.
- Open the QuickBooks company file from its default location: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company File.
- Then, locate the file associated with the “TLG” or “ND” file extension.
- Now, select a file and click right on it.
- Choose the “Rename” option.
- Now, add “Old” at the end of the file extension. For example CompanyName.qbw.TLG.OLD.
- Click the “Yes” button.
- Similarly, you can do it for the ND file. After renaming the files, you can close the folder.
- Doing so, your “.ND” and “TLG” file will be created automatically when you access the company files.
By changing the name of your QB support company files, you can kick out QuickBooks Error Message 6147 0. This will also allow you to open the company files without confronting any errors.
Method 5: Modify the QuickBooks Company File Location
By moving the file to a new folder, you can easily change the location of company files. This way, you can open the file without facing QuickBooks Error Message 6147 0. Here are the steps for that.
- Click right on the desktop and choose the “New Folder”.
- Now, go to the location where your company files are saved.
- Copy the company file by using the “Ctrl + C” keys.
- Open the “New Folder” and paste the file using the “Ctrl + V” keys.
- Now, hold down the “Ctrl” key until you see the “No Company Open” window.
- Click on the “Open a Company File”’ option.
- Click the “Next” button.
- Then, browse your new folder in which you saved the company file.
- Click on the “Open” button.
This is how you can easily open the QuickBooks company file from the different file locations. However, you need to remember that you follow this method on the computer where the QuickBooks company file is hosted.
Method 6: Restore the Backup File
In case you fail to open the company file from the new location then it indicates a problem with your company file. In this scenario, you can simply restore the latest QuickBooks backup file. Here is how to do this:
- Close your “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Now, hold down the “Ctrl” key until you see the “No Company Open” window.
- Select the “Open or restore an existing company”’ option.
- Here, click the “Restore a backup copy” option.
- Hit the “Next” button.
Once done, you can follow the on-screen prompts to finish the process. After restoring the backup file successfully, you can try accessing the company files.
Method 7: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
In this method, you are required to download and run QuickBooks Database Server Manager. To proceed with this method, you can use QuickBooks Tool Hub. Let’s know how to download and run the tool.
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close QuickBooks desktop if opened.
- Download the “QuickBooks Tool Hub File” on your computer.
- Save the “QuickBooks tool hub .exe file” on a specific location.
- Now, double click the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open “QuickBooks Tool Hub” if not opened.
- Choose the “Network Issues” tab on the left.
- Click on the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”.
- If you see the correct location of your QB company file then click the “Start Scan” button. If not, then click on the “Browse” button, select the company file, and click the “Start Scan” button.
This will start repairing the firewall and grant permission to access files. After the process is finished, you can close the window and launch QuickBooks to verify if you can access the company files.
To Wind Up
QuickBooks company files often get damaged. In some instances, your QuickBooks program also creates conflicts due to which you confront QuickBooks error 6147 0. However, resolving this error is not a big task.
In this guide, we have provided the most effective ways to rectify QuickBooks error 6147 0. Hope you find this guide useful.
Besides that, if you are bothered by other error codes in QuickBooks, you can read the following guide to find effective methods: