A user may usually prefer working on QuickBooks in full screen due to the ease of accessing the features. In certain situations, however, the Quickbooks may open minimized. Despite the attempts to launch it in full screen, the user may see failure.
Problems with the screen resolution can be the reason why QuickBooks opens minimized. To get a complete view of the QuickBooks dashboard, this error should be resolved. One of the simplest fixes of repairing the screen resolution problem is by changing the display settings. On Windows, these settings can be easily accessed and changed.
When there are different causes of this error, the fix may also differ. The users are suggested to ascertain the possible cause and then implement a suitable fix.
Why is QuickBooks Opening Minimized?
Software like QuickBooks may run minimized when their screen resolution is faulty. This can be a common cause behind the problem. There can also be other causes that should be looked out for.
Below, such causes have been highlighted:
- The display settings of the system on which QB is installed may have been incorrectly set.
- Similar to display settings, preferences in QB can also play a role in setting a resolution. When preferences are incorrect, QuickBooks starts minimized.
- QuickBooks can also have display settings. Along with the display settings of your system, these settings should also be correctly set. When the same has not been ensured, screen resolution may seem incorrect.
How Do I Fix QuickBooks Opens Minimized Error?
Since the QuickBooks opens minimized error indicates a screen resolution issue, the display settings of your PC should be checked or changed. On Windows, there is a direct way to check these settings. Additionally, you may adjust the Preferences of QuickBooks to fix this error. Changing the QB display settings can also help you to come out of this trouble.
In all, there can be 3 main fixes to apply when QuickBooks runs in a minimized window. These fixes have been discussed below.
Fix 1: Via Change in Display Settings on Windows
Users may encounter a problem in accessing the full dashboard when QuickBooks minimizes itself due to screen resolution issues. You can fix the resolution by changing the display settings. On your Windows system, find the Display Settings page when QuickBooks starts minimized. Then reset the settings to default. You may set the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 and then check for the error. On finding the error even then, the resolution may be changed.
- Search for “Display Settings” on your “Windows” system.
- Open “Display Settings” from the results.
- Reset the display settings to default for Windows, respectively.
- Here, the screen resolution should be set to “1024 x 768”.
Note: You may also set this resolution to “1920 x 1080” if you want the best display and visibility while using QB on Windows.
- After performing the steps from 1 to 4, the system needs to be reset.
After completing the QuickBooks opens minimized fix described above, open the accounting software. Now, confirm if the error has been resolved or not.
Note: The above-mentioned fix can also be suitable for Windows 8 and Windows 10.
A faulty screen resolution can result in the QB opening minimized error. Apart from this, it may even crash the accounting software. You may resolve the minimization issue through a change in the settings but when the QuickBooks software crashes, you may repair its email settings. Additionally, you may check the other settings of the software to keep it error-free.
Fix 2: By Adjusting Preferences
QuickBooks has been featured with a tab called Preferences. Using this tab, you can customize how you wish to experience the software. In doing so, you can also improve the screen resolution, especially when the software is opening minimized to your Taskbar.
For adjusting preferences, go to the QB window and select the Edit button. Head to the Preferences tab. Then opt for the My Preferences option. Move to the section of View and pick one window. Tap on the Ok button to apply any changes made.
Go through this procedure to adjust Preferences when QuickBooks opens minimized to the Taskbar.
- Open “QuickBooks”.
- Click on the software’s “Edit” option.
- Tap on the “Preferences” button.
- Next, you have to pick “My Preferences”.
- In the section of “View”, please choose one window.
- Press the “Ok” option.
Later, the QB software needs to be restarted in order to check the error.
Fix 3: Changing Display Settings in QuickBooks
QuickBooks has its own display settings. You should check them when QuickBooks starts minimized, you can try changing the display setting of the accounting software. Press the Windows icon on the keyboard. Mention QuickBooks in the search field. Once the QB sign appears on the screen, right-click on it. After that, opt for Open File Location. Look for the QuickBooks.exe file extension inside the folder and then right-click on that file. Soon you will be able to adjust the settings and troubleshoot the QB error.
- Shut down “QB”.
- Tap on the “Start” tab of “Windows”.
- Enter “QuickBooks” in the field to search.
- Then the “QB” sign is to be right-clicked.
- Select “Open File Location”.
- In the folder, search for the “QuickBooks.exe” file and right-click on it.
- Choose the “Properties” button.
- Now, the “Compatibility” option is to be opened.
- Place a tick against “Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings”.
- You may also press the “Change High DPI Settings” tab.
- Push “Override High DPI Scaling Behavior”.
- Hit the “Apply” option.
- Click on “Ok”.
Once you have performed all of the above steps, open QB again and check for the error.
Note: When you notice that QuickBooks 2015 opens minimized, you may check its display settings to mend the error. Likewise, the fix may work on QuickBooks 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, and other year versions.
While using QuickBooks on Windows, the minimization error can be one of the issues encountered by a user. Besides this, the file size of QB can also become too large that may end up in the 80004005 error. Should you find this error while repairing the minimization issue, try running your Windows PC in the Safe Mode.
How to Fix When QuickBooks Desktop Starts Minimized?
Users may experience a minimization issue in QuickBooks Desktop while opening it. This error can be cleared if you use the Properties button available in the software itself. The QBDT sign is to be right-clicked. Then move to the Properties tab and pick the Change High DPI Settings button. Now, select the Disable Display Scaling on the High DPI Settings option.
The directions below will let you know the details of this fix when QuickBooks Desktop opens minimized.
- Right-click on the icon of “QBDT” on your Desktop.
- Tap on “Properties” of this software.
- Press the “Change High DPI Settings” tab.
- In this step, pick the “Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings” option.
- Select “Apply”.
- Then opt for “Ok”.
- After applying the changes, the software needs to be opened again for better resolution.
In a Brief
An error may be encountered by a user when QuickBooks starts minimized. The blog described the causes behind the QB issue. It also mentioned the methods for resolving the problem. Moreover, the process for solving the minimization trouble in QBDT was also explained. Once the error gets fixed, ensuring that the display settings or preferences remain correct can be suggested as a preventive measure.