The error 15241 in QuickBooks can occur when the payroll has not been successfully updated. If you wish to keep using this accounting software without facing any kinds of interruptions, then troubleshooting this error will be essential.
We welcome you to learn the various fixes for troubleshooting the QB error 15241 with us. We will present you with the fixes for removing this error on QuickBooks, QuickBooks Desktop, as well as QuickBooks Desktop Pro. Additionally, if this error is troubling you while using QB on Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, then our fixes will surely help you out.
This blog will guide you about the following:
- Causes of the Error 15241 in QuickBooks
- Fixes for Troubleshooting QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
- Fixes for Removing Error 15241 in QuickBooks Desktop on Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, and 10
- Fix 1: Install Updates for QuickBooks Desktop on Your Windows PC
- Method 1: Install Updates for QuickBooks Desktop on Windows Vista/7/8/10
- Method 2: Install Updates for QuickBooks Desktop on Windows XP
- Fixes for Resolving Error 15241 in QuickBooks Desktop Pro
Causes of the Error 15241 in QuickBooks
The following are the 4 most common causes of the error 15241 in QB:
- Damaged or corrupted downloaded files form one of the reasons behind the error.
- If the QuickBooks payroll updates are not completely installed, then you will see this error.
- Malware or virus is another cause of the problem.
- While you are installing a program, if certain files get deleted, then the 15241 error can turn up.
Related Topic: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15222?
Fixes for Troubleshooting QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
Updating the QB Payroll Tax Table and FCS Services are two great fixes for eliminating the error 15241. These fixes demand you to perform a short set of directions. Within a few minutes, you will see this QB error disappearing from the software. After that, you will be able to use QuickBooks without any interruptions.
Fix 1: Ensure that the Payroll Tax Table has been Updated in QB
The QuickBooks payroll update error 15241 can be settled by installing the updates in the right manner. Here, we have shown the right way of installing the updates for the Payroll Tax Table. The Employees menu contains the option Get Payroll Update. Select this option and then choose the Download Entire Update option. You can head on to download and install the updates. Gradually, the error will get resolved.
- When “QuickBooks” is open, click on “Employees” to open the menu.
- You will find the option of “Get Payroll Update”. Click on it.
- Tick the checkbox for “Download Entire Update”.
- Next, click on “Update”.
- The downloading process will now begin. Wait till this process stops.
After the process of downloading the updates for the Payroll Tax Table is over, you will see one new window opening. This will indicate to you that the 15241 error has been removed.
Fix 2: Update FCS Services of QB
Updating the FCS services will help you in getting rid of the error 15241 in QB. To get the updates for these services, you can first close the QB software and then select Manage by entering My Computer. In the option of Services & Application, you will find Services. You can tap on it and then further select QuickBooks FCS. Now, you can proceed further for downloading the updates.
- Exit “QuickBooks” if it is open.
- Enter “My Computer”.
- Click on “Manage”.
- Tap on “Services & Application”.
- Select “Services”.
- Tap twice on “QuickBooks FCS”.
- Select “Startup Type”.
- Click on “General”.
- Then select “Manual”.
- Now, press “Apply”.
- Hit the next click on “Start”.
- Press “Ok” for continuing.
- Now, update the “QuickBooks” software.
Related Topic: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
Fixes for Removing Error 15241 in QuickBooks Desktop on Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, and 10
In several versions of windows, you can face the 15241 error while using QuickBooks Desktop. For versions like Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, and 10, you can get the updates for the software. The methods for updating the QB software on different Windows versions have been mentioned below for eliminating the QuickBooks error 15241.
Fix 1: Install Updates for QuickBooks Desktop on Your Windows PC
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop on a Windows computer, then you may witness the error 15241 coming up. To resolve this error on your Windows computer, you can install the updates for the software. The procedures to install the updates can differ depending on the version of Windows you own.
Below, we have provided you with 2 methods to get the updates for QB. If you are using a computer with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10, then you should follow the first method. In case you are using Windows XP, you should go for the second method.
Method 1: Install Updates for QuickBooks Desktop on Windows Vista/7/8/10
To troubleshoot the error 15241 in QuickBooks Desktop on Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10, you can first close the software. Then from the Start Menu, you can open Computer and pick Manage. To continue, you can opt for Services and Applications. This is followed by clicking on Services. Then you will come across the Intuit QuickBooks FCS option. You can choose it for getting the needed updates for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Exit “QuickBooks Desktop” if it is running.
- Go to the “Start Menu”.
- Right-tap on the option of “Computer”.
- Via the dropdown, select “Manage”.
- Click on “Services and Applications” on the left.
- Click twice to select “Services” from the right.
- Tap on “Intuit QuickBooks FCS”.
- Tap on “General”.
- “Startup Type” has to be selected now.
- Choose “Manual”.
- You need to click on “Apply” for continuing.
- Then click on “Start” and press “Ok”.
- Access “QuickBooks Desktop” in the final step of this fix. The QuickBooks payroll update error 15241 will not trouble you now.
Method 2: Install Updates for QuickBooks Desktop on Windows XP
The users of Windows XP should make use of this method for removing the QuickBooks error 15241. For starting this method, QuickBooks Desktop should not be running. Then you can access My Computer and opt for the Manage option. In Computer Management, you can find Services and Applications. You can pick Services and then choose QuickBooks FCS. Then you can start downloading the updates.
- See to it that “QuickBooks Desktop” is not running. If it is, then please exit the software.
- Via “Desktop”, you can open “My Computer”.
- Click on “Manage”.
- On the screen of “Computer Management”. Opt for “Services and Applications”.
- Now, pick “Services”.
- Tap on “QuickBooks FCS”. As you tap on it, the window of “Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties” will get launched.
- Head to the tab named “General”.
- Press the button for “Startup Type”.
- Tap on “Manual”.
- Next, you have to press “Ok”.
- You will be provided with access for downloading the product updates for “QuickBooks Desktop”.
Important Note: In addition to updating “QuickBooks Desktop”, we will suggest that you get the updates for the Payroll Tax Table as well on your Windows XP computer.
Fixes for Resolving Error 15241 in QuickBooks Desktop Pro
Seeing the error 15241 is not unusual for the users of QuickBooks Desktop Pro. Installing the payroll update is the simple fix for troubleshooting this error on this version of the accounting software. Let us know more about this fix by reading ahead.
Fix 1: Ensure Payroll is Updated in QuickBooks Desktop Pro
In case the error 15241 is occurring on QuickBooks Desktop Pro, check whether the payroll has been updated. If it is lacking updates, you can insert the disk for “Payroll Update”. Then you can enter the window of Get Payroll Update. In the section of Employees, the option Get Payroll Updates will be given. You can press it to get the updates you need.
- Ensure that the “Payroll Update CD” has been inserted.
- Launch the window of “Get Payroll Update” via the dropdown.
- Hover your mouse to the section of “Employees”.
- Press the button for “Get Payroll Updates”.
- Access the window of “Install Payroll Update”.
- Follow the prompts to proceed.
- Select the option of “CD Drive”.
- Choose between “.dat” or “3.dat” for updating with the help of the “Payroll Update CD”.
- In the window of “Payroll”, click on “Open”.
- Now, press “Ok”.
- Exit the window of “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Enter “My Computer”.
- Right-tap on your “CD Drive” and opt for “Explore”.
- Use the same CD for inserting into any other system. After it has been inserted, ensure whether or not you can view your files.
- If your files are visible on the other system, then your actual system is facing hardware problems with your “CD Drive”. In case you cannot view your files on either of the computers, you can get a new disk for “Payroll Update”. You can visit the online store of Intuit for this purpose.
- In this store, you can tap on “Payroll”.
- Then click on “View Contact Information”.
- Install the file from the correct site.
- In the window of “Install Confirmation”, the existing edition of the tax table has to be checked. Also, check the new fields.
- Click on “Install”. It will generate a message of confirmation. When the installation finishes, go through the table that has been newly installed.
- To proceed, administer the prompts on your screen.
- Lastly, press “Ok” and check for the QuickBooks error 15241.
Important Note: If you are using QuickBooks Premier and the 15241 error arises, then you can use the same set of steps given above for updating the payroll. It will help in troubleshooting the error.
Here, we expanded our knowledge about the QB error 15241. Using our fixes, you got to know how to remove this error in QuickBooks, QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Desktop Pro. Whether you are using QB on Windows XP computers or Windows 10 computers, these fixes will work on various versions.
Also, take a look at our widely read posts on bad debt in QuickBooks and methods to merge bank accounts in QuickBooks. To read them, click now!