Quicken is one of the best money management software applications. It is commonly used as a budget management tool using which you can control expenses. The software is pretty convenient to use. However, Quicken users might face some technical issues while cloud syncing. One of the issues that the user encounters is Quicken cloud sync errors.
Sync errors might occur for several reasons. For instance, when a user tries to enter different usernames. The web failure and the error inside the Quicken server can also be responsible for sync error. Although you can fix this error, first let us understand how Quicken Cloud works and what causes this cloud syncing error in Quicken.
What is Quicken Cloud?
Quicken cloud works tremendously in transferring your important information between multiple platforms such as Quicken Desktop, Quicken Mobile, and Quicken web. The best thing about this software is that it downloads the latest transactions right from your bank to the mobile devices. It is quite a flexible feature provided by Quicken software. Whether you use Quicken Mobile or Quicken Online, you will be able to find the transactions. In addition to it, you will have the allowance to view or edit the transactions with strong internet access.
You need to keep one thing in your mind that Quicken Cloud does not provide backup so the data you see in the Quicken Cloud is because the data file is stored on your desktop. Since Quicken Cloud is not a backup service so you cannot access the Quicken cloud from anyplace but the mobile and desktop products.
What are the Causes of Quicken Cloud Sync Errors
It is common to face errors during the Quicken cloud sync process. Below are the following reasons that cause sync errors.
- When the user tries to access the Quicken versatile and work area rendition using different usernames, it shows the syncing error. So make sure you are using the same login credentials for both the versions (desktop and mobile).
- The error may also take place due to the errors inside the Quicken server. In this case, the error might get resolved itself.
- Internet failure can also be the reason that causes sync errors on quicken cloud.
What to Do to Resolve Quicken Cloud Sync Errors?
When you face cloud sync errors, you can follow the steps mentioned below. This would help you to fix the problem with the cloud syncing.
- In the beginning, you can go to click on the Tools button.
- Then you can select One-Step Update to untick the Sync to Quicken Cloud box.
- After this, you can click on the Update Now option. If the procedure finishes with no errors, you can then move to the next step.
In case, you encounter the errors during the one-step update then you can go through the following steps.
- Firstly, you can click on the Tools and go to the One Step Update Summary page.
- On the top of One Step Update Summary, you will find the error in Red color which you will need to resolve first.
- Once you are done, click on the Add Account option.
- Here, you can click on the Cash Account Section. Then, start typing in the appropriate account name and move to the next step.
- Then, you can click on the current date in order to start tracking. After that, type in 0$ in the balance section.
- At this point, you have to make sure that the Sync To Quicken Cloud box remains unchecked. After clicking on the Finish button, go to the next step.
- Here you can scroll down to the Computer & Alerts section and select Edit Account Settings.
- At the end of the page, you can deselect all the accounts by clicking on None option.
- Thereafter, you will see the box next to the cash account which you have created. You can click this box now.
- Next to this, click on the Update Quicken Account option.
- Once the process of update is completed, you can click on Edit Account Setting.
- Now, you can tick the box available next to another account and hit the Update Quicken Account option.
- After the update is completed, you can repeat the above two steps.
- In the next step, click on the option that says; Alter Account Setting.
- Now you are required to untick the New Money account which you have created just now. And then, click on the Update Quicken Account button.
- Next to this, you can click on Tools and go to One Step Update. Ensure that Sync to Quicken Cloud box remains unticked.
- Now you can hit the Update Now button to check if the error has been fixed or not.
- As the last step, you can launch your Quicken account and make sure that all the records are matching with the system.
If you have been encountering Quicken cloud sync errors then you can resolve it easily. By following the above-mentioned steps, you can fix the cloud sync error in the Quicken account. The cloud syncing error can be caused by several reasons. However, with the small settings in Quicken, you can have this flexible access to Quicken on mobile or web.
Do you want more such guides on QuickBooks? If yes, go through the following articles: