If you have received large cash sales from the customer then you can record it in your QuickBooks account. The cash sales in QuickBooks can be recorded in two different ways; Invoices and Sales Receipts. If you are wondering how to record cash sales in QuickBooks Online by using Invoices and Sales Receipt, read the following guide carefully.
In this comprehensive guide, we will enlighten you to add/record cash sale in QuickBooks Online in two different ways which are as follows:
- How to Record Cash Sales in QuickBooks Online?
How to Record Cash Sales in QuickBooks Online?
In QuickBooks Online, you can record the large cash sales from several customers. For this, you can use Sales Receipt or Invoices either. Here, we will show you both the procedure with step-by-step instructions.
Way 1: Record a Cash Sale in QuickBooks using Invoices
By creating an invoice, you can enter the large cash sale in QuickBooks Online. All you are supposed to do is make a new invoice and add the required details. Once done creating the new invoice, you can receive the payments from a selected customer.
To understand how to record cash sales in QuickBooks Online using the Invoice feature, you can pursue the following details:
Create New Invoice in QuickBooks Online
- To create a new invoice, you need to click on the “+New” button.
- Then, select the “Invoice” button.
- After this, you can choose the name of your customer.
- At this point, enter the required details on the invoice.
- Once done, press the “Save and Close” button.
Receive the Invoice Payments in QuickBooks Online
- Navigate to the “+New” button.
- Now, click on the “Receive Payment” option.
- Here, you can choose the customer name using the drop-down menu.
- Then, move to the “Outstanding Transactions” window and pick the invoice you have created before.
- After this, you need to choose the payment method. This should be noted that you can deposit the amount to the undeposited funds or checking account.
- Once done entering details, click the “Save and Close” button.
This is how you can create the new invoice and receive the payment to the invoice from the customer. As you follow these steps, you can easily save the cash sale in QuickBooks Online.
Way 2: Record a Cash Sale in QuickBooks using Sales Receipt
As said before, Sales Receipts can also be used to enter the large cash sales in QuickBooks Online. All you have to do is to create a new Sales Receipt, choose the appropriate customer, select the payment method, and save details. After making the sales transactions, you can continue creating the bank deposit for a particular account.
In order to use the Sales Receipt, you can go through the following details to add or record cash sale in QuickBooks Online:
Create a New Sales Receipt
- Click on the “+New” button.
- Now, you can click on the “Sales Receipt” button.
- Then, select the name of a customer.
- Once done, click on the preferred payment method.
- You can enter the required details.
- After that, you can click on the “Save and close” option.
Create Bank Deposit
- Go to the “+New” button.
- Click on the “Bank Deposit” option.
- Then, select the account in which you wish to deposit the amount. You can use the “Account” drop-down menu for this.
- Here, you have to make sure that the selected payments and the deposit total match the deposit slip.
- Once done, click the “Save and Close” button.
When you are done saving the details, you can easily record the large cash sales from your customer in QuickBooks Online.
To Wind Up
Recording the cash sales in QuickBooks is easy. All you have to do is choose between the two ways. You can either use the Sales Receipt or Invoice in order to record cash sales in QuickBooks Online. Thereafter, you can create the invoice or sales receipt to receive the amount in QuickBooks Online. We hope you find this guide simple to follow.
Frequently Asked Question
A user can utilize the “+New” option and then add the cash sales in the form of an invoice. In addition to this, with the same option’s help, you can choose “Receive Payment”. Then you can prefer “Outstanding Transactions” given in the dropdown. It will let you record the sales as undeposited funds or into a checking account.