Did you accidentally delete your customer in QuickBooks? If so, don’t panic. You can restore those deleted customers in a few simple steps. Learn with us in detail how to restore deleted customer in QuickBooks Online.
In this guide, you will learn to recover deleted customers, list items, transactions, voided transactions, payroll locations, and service/programs in QuickBooks.
- Restore Deleted Customer in QuickBooks Online
- Do You Want to Restore More?
- How to Restore Deleted List Items?
- How to Recover Deleted Service or Program Item?
- How to Restore Deleted Transactions in QuickBooks Online?
- How to Retrieve Deleted Payroll Locations in QuickBooks Online?
- How to Recover Voided Transactions in QuickBooks?
Restore Deleted Customer in QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks allows you to make your customers inactive which means your customer will be deleted from your QuickBooks account.
However, you can make the same customer active if required in the future. This can be done from the Home Page. If you want to know how to restore deleted customer in QuickBooks Online then pursue the following steps:
- Click on the “Customers” option located on the left in the Blue bar.
- Now, in the “Customers Center”, click on the small “Gear” icon located on the right.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the “Include Inactive” option.
- When you see a list of inactive or deleted customers, you can click on the one you wish to restore.
- Then, select the “Make Active” button located under the “Customer Profile” section.
When you are done following these steps, your screen prompts saying Customer to delete is now active. This will ensure that the customer has now been restored successfully. So, this is how you can restore deleted customer in QuickBooks Online.
Do You Want to Restore More?
Now as is well known, users can perform several tasks using QuickBooks programs such as transactions, making invoices, and so on.
In case you accidentally lose the list element, service/product item, payroll locations, transactions, and invoices then you can retrieve them to your QuickBooks account. In the upcoming discussion, we will restore a number of things in QuickBooks. Read ahead to know more.
How to Restore Deleted List Items?
If you have removed an item from your list then you can restore it in a few simple steps. This can be done via a List report. For better clarification, you can go through the steps stated below:
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- Select the “All Lists” option under the “Lists” section.
- Now, open your list that you wish to recover.
- On the top of the “action” column, click on the “Settings” icon.
- Then, place the checkmark for the “Include inactive” option.
- Now, search for the item in the list that you wish to restore.
- After that, click on the “Make active” button.
Once you turn the inactive status to active, the items you deleted accidentally or intentionally will be resolved in their place. This is the easy way to restore your deleted list items in Quickbooks Online.
How to Recover Deleted Service or Program Item?
Now if you ever delete any of the program or service items from your QuickBooks account, you can restore them in the Lists section. To do so, one can take help from the following instructions:
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- Select the “Product and Services” option under the “Lists” section.
- Click on the “Filter” icon located on the top of the “Name” column.
- Choose the “Inactive” option using the “Status” drop-down.
- Hit the “Apply” button.
- Search for the product and services that you wish to restore from the “List” section.
- Click on the “Make active” button.
After following all these steps, your products and services will be restored. This way you can recover other products and services from the Lists section in QuickBooks Online.
How to Restore Deleted Transactions in QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks allows you to manage and track transactions. In case you ever delete or lose the transaction then there is no way to recover it. However, Audit Log can help you to get the transaction and re-enter them.
The transactions can be also done by using the backup files. Here are the steps for both methods to restore deleted transactions in QuickBooks Online.
Restore Deleted Transactions using Backup Files
- First of all, recover the most recent backup data file.
- Select the QuickBooks “Main File” menu.
- Scroll down and find the “Open or Restore Company” option.
- Now hit the “Restore a backup copy” key.
- Hit the “Next” button.
Note: At this moment, your screen will prompt if you wish to store the backup copy online or in a local area. If you prefer to store the backup copy in a flash drive or an external drive then click on the Local backup key and hit the Next button.
- Find the latest backup copy on your system.
- Then, select the “This location” option.
- Hit the “OK” button.
- Double click on the backup file or folder.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Pick a location to save your backup files and folders.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Open that file and check the presence of lost transaction files.
- Then, re-enter the data directly.
Restore Deleted Transactions using Audit Log
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Select the “Audit Log” option.
- Click on the appropriate user, events, and date using the “Filter” drop-down menu.
- Hit the “Apply” button.
- Now, find the deleted or lost transactions.
Note: To find the lost and deleted transactions quickly, use Ctrl + F keys and type Deleted in the search bar. This will highlight the expected results.
- Click on the “View” option located under the “History” column.
- All the details related to the transactions can be seen in the “Event” column.
- Using this detail from “Audit Log”, users can re-enter their transaction with their original date of transaction.
These are the two different ways to recover the lost and deleted transactions. Although Audit Log is the easiest way to re-enter the transaction, you can also opt for a backup file option.
How to Retrieve Deleted Payroll Locations in QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks lets you import the payroll report for customers. When you finalize the pay run, it gets failed sometimes. There can be two possible reasons behind this. Either the location (that you created) or GL account (that is mapped in payroll) has now been deleted.
In case you delete the location mistakenly, it can be retrieved easily. All you have to do is go to the settings and make the location active. Here is how to recover the deleted locations in QuickBooks.
- Click on the “Settings” icon located in the top right corner.
- Then, go to the “All Lists” option.
- Now, click on the “Locations” option.
- After this, click the “Settings” icon again located at the top right.
- And, hit the “Include inactive” option. This will display the deleted location on your screen.
- Now, select the “Make active” option located at the top right corner.
- Then, return to the pay run page.
- Click on the “Export to QuickBooks” option.
This is how you can restore the deleted location. Once you are done following these steps, you can try a pay run.
How to Recover Voided Transactions in QuickBooks?
If the transaction is voided in QuickBooks then you can recover it easily. To do so, you can navigate through the Settings. Here are the step by step instructions for better clarity.
- Launch QuickBooks program.
- Click on the “Reports” in the menu section.
- Select the “Accountants and Taxes” option in the “Voided/Deleted Transactions Detail” in the menu.
- Now, in the list, check the voided transaction. Also, write down the amount of transaction.
- In the main menu, click on the “Lists” option.
- Then, click on the “Chart of Accounts” using the drop-down menu.
- No, double click on the account that has voided transactions. Doing so, the account registration will be opened.
Note: When the transaction is voided, the transaction amount will display in the account register. Moreover, the transaction amount changes to Zero.
- Go through the transaction in your account register.
- After this, put the original amount of the transaction into the “transaction amount” field.
- Then, click the “Record” or “Save” button.
Once done implementing these steps, you can restore the transaction in the account register. This is how you can restore the deleted transactions in your QuickBooks account.
An accounting software, QuickBooks allows you to perform a number of actions such as making invoices, adding customers, tracking transactions, and a lot more. While managing all these reports, there are chances that you delete some of the items, customers, invoices, etc.
If you have mistakenly or intentionally deleted the customer then this guide on how to restore deleted customer in QuickBooks Online will help you out.
Besides, we talked in detail about how you can restore list items, transactions, voided transactions, payroll locations, and service/programs in QuickBooks.
If you are a regular user of QuickBooks and facing error code 6129 on your screen then you can read this guide to fix QuickBooks 6129.