The icon looking like a Gear in QuickBooks helps you in reaching the settings. From the settings of the software, you can make use of its multiple features. It should be realized that without finding the Gear icon, getting to the settings may not be easy. Therefore, knowing where this icon is located is important for the users.
In this reading, we will be telling you about where is the Gear icon in QuickBooks. Along with this, here, you can find out the location of this icon in versions like QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Desktop 2019/2020/2021. To view this icon in the year versions of the accounting software like QuickBooks 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, you can read more.
In this post, you can find at least 7 sections. Every section will help you in finding the Gear icon in a particular version of the accounting software. To know which version has been covered in a specific section, this summary can be utilized:
- Where Do I Find the Gear Icon in QuickBooks?
- Where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop?
- Where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop 2019?
- Where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and 2021?
- Where to Find the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop if it Disappears?
- Where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Online?
- Where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018?
Where Do I Find the Gear Icon in QuickBooks?
Many of you would understand that in QuickBooks, the Gear icon is needed for multiple things. You may want to use a feature or select an option. Usually, the features and options can be accessed using this icon. If you want to know where is the Gear icon in QuickBooks, then you can simply run the software. The upper side of the software will help you in locating it.
- Opening the “QuickBooks” software is the first step.
- Look at the corner at the top and towards the right.
- The “Gear” icon will be visible here. It may look similar to a wheel.
- Press it and reach “Settings”.
Where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop?
The QuickBooks Desktop users can access the Gear-like symbol simply by running the software. An option stating Company Name has to be found. Next to this option, you will find the Gear symbol. Now that you know where this symbol is, you can press it. Soon, a menu will be launched. This will be the menu for Settings. From here, you can carry out your tasks, use the features given here, and do a lot more.
- The user needs to launch “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- After launching it, view “Company Name” written in it.
Note: You will be suggested to find “Company Name” in the right corner of “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- An icon will be visible near “Company Name”. This will be considered as the “Gear” icon.
These steps would have helped you in knowing where is the Gear icon on QuickBooks Desktop. In QB Desktop, the Gear symbol can be utilized for various purposes once it has been found. Even for making changes to the company files, this symbol will assist you.
Where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop 2019?
Should you happen to be a user of the QuickBooks Desktop 2019 year version, you can find the Gear button at the top. You can open the accounting software like you always do. In the right corner, on the upper side, the button for the same shall be given. The Gear button can be recognized by its shape. Its shape will be similar to that of a wheel.
To understand more about where is the Gear icon in QuickBooks Desktop 2019, you can read the 5 steps mentioned as follows:
- See to it that “QuickBooks Desktop 2019” is running at present.
- In the software, scroll up and move towards the right.
- Ensure that you can see the “+” or “Plus” icon.
- Now, check for the “Help” or “?” icon.
- Between the two icons found in steps 3 and 4, the “Gear” like icon will be available.
Once the Gear-like icon has been found, you can use it for navigating to the settings of QuickBooks Desktop 2019. From the settings, you can start using its features.
Where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and 2021?
The 2020 and 2021 versions of QuickBooks Desktop are commonly used by many professionals. For learning where the Gear icon is located in these versions, you can first find the icon of Create. Followed by this, you have to view the symbol representing a question mark. Accompanied by finding the two icons, you will see an icon between them. This will be the Gear icon.
Let us now find out more information about where’s the Gear icon in QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and 2021. You will be suggested to read the directions mentioned as follows:
- “QuickBooks Desktop 2020/2021” needs to be kept open on your system.
- View certain icons at the top in the accounting software.
- Check that you are able to find the “Plus” icon. It may be represented by the icon “+”.
- Now, the icon of “?” or “Help” has to be viewed.
- Once you have found these icons, look between them. You will see a symbol representing a wheel. This will be the “Gear” icon.
For accessing the features of QuickBooks Desktop 2021 or 2020 like lists, tools, and settings, the Gear icon has to be tapped on. The features will be seen. As you click on them, you will be able to use those features.
Where to Find the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop if it Disappears?
Sometimes, you may want to know where is the Gear icon in QuickBooks Desktop when it has disappeared. Let us tell you that the icon can get disappeared when QB Desktop is being opened via a browser and its cache has not been cleared. Due to the cache, a minor error may be seen. Thus, the Gear icon may stop appearing. In this instance, the Gear icon can be found by opening QuickBooks Desktop in the private mode of your internet browser. At the top, the icon shall be seen.
After this, the cache can be removed. Then you may open the software in the normal mode of your browser. The Gear icon shall be found.
- Go to your web browser.
- In the browser, press the keys displayed as follows:
“Ctrl” key + “Shift” key + “N” key
Now, the incognito window or private mode will be launched.
Note: The combination of keys mentioned in step 2 will be the most suitable for opening the incognito window in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer. If you are using a browser other than this one, then you can open the incognito window from its settings.
- Then open “QuickBooks Desktop” in the incognito window.
- In the software, look at the top. The “Gear” symbol will be found.
- After finding it, you can clear the cache of your web browser.
- You can try opening the accounting software in the normal mode of the browser. The “Gear” symbol would be available.
Where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Online?
Common observation tells us that for executing various tasks in QBO, the settings have to be opened first. Usually, the settings are represented by the Gear-like symbol in this software. So, to enter these settings, the symbol will have to be pressed. This symbol is located between two icons in QuickBooks Online. These icons are of the Create and Help options. Looking between them, the Gear symbol can be found.
- Initially, you have to run “QuickBooks Online”.
- Find the “+” icon in the software.
- Now, find the button for “Help”. This button may be represented by a question mark.
- Between “+” and “Help” or “?”, the “Gear” icon shall be given.
- After finding it, the icon has to be tapped. Now, you will be able to enter “Settings”.
Note for Readers: The “+” symbol, “Help” button”, and “Gear” icon will be located at the top in “QuickBooks Online”.
Where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018?
Various versions of QuickBooks can exist. The users may want to find the Gear icon on versions like QuickBooks 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. In these versions, you can find certain symbols at the top. One of these symbols will be the Gear icon. You can identify it by its appearance. It should look like a wheel. It will be important to note that for using numerous features of the accounting software and its versions, you should know where the Gear button is. As you press it, you will be able to use these features.
Thoughts in Closing
QuickBooks has been featured with a Gear icon. This icon aids you in opening the menu of settings. From the settings, you can find multiple options, features, etc. You can also execute several tasks from the menu. However, for opening the menu for this purpose, the Gear icon has to be located. The purpose of preparing this blog was to help you learn the location of the Gear icon in QB. Usually, it can be found at the top, preferably in the right-hand side corner. Here, we also assisted you in finding the icon’s location in different versions like QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
If you found this reading helpful, then you can prefer sharing it with those who need help in viewing the QuickBooks Gear icon.
On this page, you learnt about the location of the Gear icon in the accounting software. You may also want to find out more about it. In another blog on what is the Gear icon in QuickBooks, you can learn more about it.