How To Change Snapchat Username
Changing a username for a social media account sounds like an easy process. Go to the settings, look up for username and edit it, that’s what comes to our mind when we think of changing username. Snapchat users try to do the same and they fail. Unfortunately, the functionality to change your username is not available in Snapchat. However, there is a display name in Snapchat that you can change.
Follow the steps mentioned below to change your display name:
- Open Snapchat on your mobile.
- Tap on the profile icon which you will find on the top left of your screen.
- A page will appear with your snap code, and all other information like your Snapchat score, active stories and sun sign.
- Right underneath the snap code will be your display name. Tap on it.
- A pop up will appear telling you the name by which you appear to your friends on Snapchat. You can change or modify the name and save it.
- The name you save will appear to your friends on Snapchat. This name will be displayed when you send snaps to your friends as well as on your story on Snapchat. You can change your display name anytime.
Your friends on Snapchat mostly see your display name and hardly anyone sees your username. If you want to see a friend’s Snapchat username, then you will have to open their chat and tap on the hamburger icon on the top left corner. Tapping on it will show you their display name in black color and right underneath the display name, you might see their username written in a light grey color with the font size significantly lower than the display name. This might be the only time when you see your friend’s username.
If you really want to change your username, unfortunately there is only one way to do so. You will have to create a new snapchat account. Also keep in mind that you will have to add your friends all over again and you have to re-subscribe to the channels by manually searching for them. This takes a lot of time and energy. Also, you cannot transfer your trophies, score and contacts from your old account to your new account.
Creating a new Snapchat account just for the sake of getting a new username is not justifiable. However, if you are ready to bear the pain of losing your trophies, score and friends, then you can surely create a new Snapchat account to get a new username.