Those who use Microsoft Word may keep running into a very common issue every now and then: a blank page either in the middle of the document or at the end of the document that can’t appear to be deleted. Even though you may have the choice to take printouts of the selected pages, that’s a temporary solution. Here, we need something permanent and lasting.
In case, you are looking for a lasting solution for how to delete a page in Microsoft Word, you can try out a few different ways which you can use to make progress in your undertaking. We have already researched the solutions for you. In this blog, we have explained different ways for how to delete a page in Word 2010, 2013, and 2016. Using any of these methods, you can delete extra blank page in Word in the blink of an eye!
3 Quick Solutions to Remove Page from Word
Before we begin with the well-researched solutions for how to delete blank page in Word doc, check out what we have got here. We understand that a lot of you may be in the midst of a really important task. So, for those of you who cannot wait and are looking for an instant solution, here are 3 immediate ways to delete extra page in Word.
1. Go to your unwanted blank page, click at the bottom of the page and press your “Delete” key until the point when the page is removed.
2. Go to the ‘View’ tab, select ‘Navigation Pane’ in the “Show” area, select the blank page thumbnail from the left board, and press your “Delete” key until the point when it is expelled.
3. Go to the “Page Layout” tab, click the ‘Margins” button, and select “Custom Margins”. Click the “Layout” tab. In the drop-down menu by “Section” start, ensure that ‘New Page’ is chosen. And then click “Ok”.
How to delete a blank page in Microsoft Word?
In case you are facing the issues of having a blank page in your Microsoft Word document and you want to get rid of it, you can try out various methods to do so. The below-mentioned methods will help you to get the desired results for all your issues on how to delete an extra page in Word. Check out the alternatives and follow them.
Fix 1 -- Begin with the Backspace Key
If you have a blank page at the end of the Microsoft Word document, you can delete it using the backspace key. We will teach you how to get rid of extra page in word in just 3 steps.
Look at the steps given below to utilize the Backspace key:
1. Using the console, hold down the “Ctrl” key and press the “End” key. This will take you to the end of your record.
2. Then press and hold the “Backspace” key.
3. Once the cursor has achieved the coveted end of the archive, discharge the key.
Fix 2 -- Utilize the Delete Key
Learn how to delete extra page in Word by utilizing the “Delete” key of your system’s keyboard. To utilize the “Delete” key:
1. Position the cursor toward the end of the content that shows up before the blank page starts.
2. Press the “Enter” key on the keyboard two times.
3. Press and hold the “Delete” key until the point where the unwanted page vanishes.
Fix 4 -- Utilize the Show/Hide Option
Now we will tell you how to delete a page in Word through the “Show” or “Hide” option. In the event that the above alternatives didn’t work to determine your concern, the best choice presently would be to utilize the Show/Hide image to see precisely what’s on the page you need to expel. You may find that there’s a manual page break there; individuals regularly embed these, to separate long records. There’s a page break toward the end of each part of a book, for instance. Whatever the reason, utilizing the Show/Hide alternative will give you a chance to see precisely what’s going on the page, select it, and delete it. To utilize the Show/Hide button:
1. Click the “Home” tab.
2. Then click the “Show”/”Hide” button. It is situated in the “Paragraph” area and looks like “¶”.
3. Look at the region in and around the blank page. Utilize your mouse to feature the unwanted territory. This could be a table or a picture, or essentially blank lines.
4. Next, you have to press “Delete”.
5. Click the “Show/Hide” button again to hide this feature.
How to Delete Blank Page in Word via Go To Function?
Here is another simple procedure to learn how to delete a page in Microsoft Word. This procedure is short and only 3 steps long
1. First, choose the page you want to remove. For this, you can try the “Go To” function or scroll to the page. Press the “Ctrl” key and the “G” key to use the “Go To” function in Windows. For Mac, the combination keys will be “CMD” and “G”. After finding the page, click on it to choose.
2. Now type “\page” in the “Enter page number” option, click on “Go To” and then press “Close”.
3. After the entire page gets selected, hit the “Delete” key.
How to Remove Blank Page in Word from Navigation Pane?
This is another method to remove blank page in Word with the help of the Navigation Pane. Let us read this 6-step procedure given below.
1. Go to Microsoft Word and click on “View”.
2. Check that the “Navigation Pane” box has been ticked. This will enable the opening of a new column towards the left. Here you will be able to see every page in your document. In case you are not able to see, select the “Pages” tab.
3. Look at all the pages in the “Navigation Pane” and find the page you want to remove.
4. Next, double-click on the page you want to delete.
5. Now press the “Ctrl” key, “Shift” key, and “8” key together. If you are using Microsoft Word on Mac, then press the “CMD” key together with the “8” key.
6. Next, click and drag the mouse. Then hit the “Delete” key after all the paragraphs get selected.
In this blog, we learnt several solutions for how do you delete a page in Word. We also taught you how to delete a page in a Word document in Windows as well as Mac. We hope you found all the solutions helpful. Do remember to share our blog if you loved it!