How to Delete an Extra & Blank Page in Microsoft Word
Those who use Microsoft Word may keep running into a very common issue every now and then: a blank page either in the middle of the document or in the end of the document that can’t appear to be deleted. Though, you have the choice to take printouts of selected pages, but that’s a temporary solution. Here, we need something permanent and lasting.
In case, you want a lasting resolution on how to delete a page in Microsoft Word, you can try out few different ways which you can use to make progress in your undertaking.
Let’s begin with some basic solutions.
- Go to your unwanted blank page, click at the bottom of the page and press your delete key until the point when the page is removed.
- Go to the ‘view’ tab, select ‘Navigation Pane’ in the Show area, select the blank page thumbnail in the left board, and press your delete key until the point when it is expelled.
- Go to the ‘Page Layout’ tab, click the ‘Margins button’, and select ‘Custom Margins’. Click the Layout tab. In the drop-down menu by Section start, ensure that ‘New page’ is chosen. Click OK.
For immediate assistance, call Experts at USA/Canada +1-844-414-5222 & UK +44 2896 002856
Try out the Paragraph symbols
- Detect what’s on the page by clicking on the ‘Paragraph marks and formatting symbol’. Look on your blank page to check whether there are any images, for example, ¶. Select the image and delete it and you will probably likewise delete your blank page.
- If your blank page is located in the middle of the document, it might be because of a manual page break. With paragraph symbol turned on, you will have the capacity to see the page break. Select it and delete it.
How to delete a blank page in Microsoft Word?
In case, you are facing the issues of having blank pages in your Microsoft Word document and you want to get rid of it, you can try out various ways to do so. The below mentioned steps will help you get the desired solution for all your issues on how to delete an extra page in Word 2010, 2013 and 2016. Check out the alternatives and follow them.
Begin with the backspace key
If you have a blank page at the end of the Microsoft word document, you can delete it using the backspace key.
To utilize the Backspace key:
- Using the console, hold down the Ctrl key and press the End key. This will take you to the end of your record.
- Press and hold the Backspace key.
- Once the cursor has achieved the coveted end of the archive, discharge the key.
Utilize the Delete Key
You can utilize the Delete key on the keyboard in a comparative way to how you utilized the Backspace key as specified above. This is a decent alternative when the blank page isn’t toward the finish of the record.
To utilize the Delete key:
- Position the cursor toward the end of the content that shows up before the blank page starts.
- Press Enter on the keyboard two times.
- Press and hold the Delete key until the point when the unwanted page vanishes.
Utilize the Show/Hide option
In the event that the above alternatives didn’t work to determine your concern, the best choice presently is to utilize the Show/Hide image to see precisely what’s on the page you need to expel. You may find that there’s a manual page break there; individuals regularly embed these, to separate long records. There’s a page break toward the end of each part of a book, for instance.
Need Help In Deleting an Extra Page In Microsoft Word. Reach ErrorsDoc professionals @ USA/Canada +1-844-414-5222 & UK +44 2896 002856
Whatever the reason, utilizing the Show/Hide alternative will give you a chance to see precisely what’s going on the page, select it, and delete it.
To utilize the Show/Hide button:
- Click the Home tab.
- Click the Show/Hide button. It is situated in the Paragraph area and looks like ¶.
- Look at the region in and around the blank page. Utilize your mouse to feature the unwanted territory. This could be a table or picture, or essentially blank lines.
- Press Delete.
- Click the Show/Hide button again to hide this feature.
Users can use the variety of options to erase a blank page when they confront the error of How to Delete Blank Page in Microsoft Word 2010, 2016 & 2013.