How to Fix Avast Won’t Open Windows 10 Issue
Nothing is more annoying than the Antivirus which you are using to resolve other issues on your system showcasing an error itself. The most-reported error with the Avast antivirus is that “avast won’t open”. Well, there is no need to worry as this issue can be resolved in a snap.
Wondering why Avast won’t open?
There can be more than a single reason behind this issue, but there are also multiple fixes to it.
What should you do if the Avast won’t open?
You may execute the following solutions to get rid of the mentioned error. But the main ones are “Broken Avast Installation” and “Avast Antivirus Service Not Running Properly”.
Solution No. 1 – Repair the Avast Antivirus:
- Step 1: Begin by starting your system as you would normally do and keep in mind to Log in with an administrator account as to delete the program you can not use a different account
- Step 2: Make a selection on “Start” that is on the taskbar of the screen. Now type “Control Panel” in the search bar and open it.
- Step 3: Once you are in the Control Panel, make a selection on “View by Category”. Now under the Programs section click on the option of “Uninstall a program”.
- Step 4: When you are in the Program and Features window, you must go the option of Avast. Once on it, right-click and choose the option of “Uninstall”. This will uninstall Avhttps://static.avast.com/support/kb/images/v2019/avkb204/en/v1_setup_repair.pngast.
- Step 5: After uninstalling the Avast antivirus, it will showcase different options that will include Update, Repair, Modify, and Uninstall. Here, you must select “Repair”. Select on the option of “Next” as this will fix the error of Avast installation.
- Step 6: A confirmation window will appear on the screen asking for your confirmation. Select on “Confirm” to move ahead.
- Step 7: Select on “Finish” once you have completed the uninstallation procedure.
- Step 8: After executing the steps mentioned above, restart the system in order to check if Avast antivirus is opening appropriately.
Solution No. 2 – Restart the Avast Antivirus Service:
- Step 1: Hit the R key + Windows key together and this will launch the Run command. Once the dialogue box opens, type “services.msc”. Make a selection on “OK” and this will open the Services panel.
- Step 2: Once you see the Services window, go to the option of Avast Antivirus service in the list in front of you. Make sure you right-click on the service and then make a selection on the option of Properties
- Step 3: Now you have to see whether the services have started or stopped. To do so, go to the “Services status section”. In case the service has started, choose the “Stop” button to stop it. If the service has Stopped, keep it on hold until you continue to execute.
- Step 4: You need to ensure that the Startup type menu has been set to “Automatic”. Just confirm the dialogue box that pops up while changing the startup type. Go the start button before you exit
Solution No. 3 – Execute a Clean Install
- Step 1: Browse to the official page of Avast and make a selection on “Free Download for PC” and this will help you in downloading the latest version of Avast.
- Step 2: Go to the Uninstallation section displayed by avast and from there Download the uninstall utility – Avastclear. Now make sure to save to the system
- Step 3: Disconnect from the Internet once you have downloaded the files and booted into Safe Mode
- Step 4: Now hit the Windows key + R key together to open the Run command. Once you see the dialogue box, type “MSConfig” in the space provided. Select “OK” and this will open the System Configuration panel.
- Step 5: Under the System Configuration Panel, make sure you select the Boot tab. Ensure that the Safe boot option has been selected and then choose “OK”.
- Step 6: To boot into Safe Mode you will have to restart the system
- Step 7: Now you must run the Avast uninstall utility. After that, locate the folder in which Avast has been installed. If Avast is installed in the default folder – Program Files, you can keep it. Browse through File Explorer until you find the correct folder.
- Step 8: Make a selection on “Uninstall”. After that, restart the system along with the normal startup.
Disable shields to solve the Issue of Avast won’t open windows 10:
The users of Windows 10 can follow the steps mentioned below to solve the issue of Avast not opening:
- Make a right-click on the Avast icon that is on your taskbar or menu
- After that, Go to the Shields control. Now select the option of “Disable” for a while (approx 10 minutes)
- Once you have done so, enable it again the same way. End up select the option of “Enable all shields”
Now, you can ensure if the issue of Avast won’t open on Windows 10 issue has been fixed.
We hope that your issue of avast won’t open up has been solved. Don’t panic if it didn’t. You can simply contact a professional for the same or any other issue. Do not have to worry if you don’t know about any technician or even looking for an expert. The experienced technicians at ErrorsDoc can help you resolve this error via chat itself.