Avast is a powerful antivirus software/program that takes care of our system in the virtual world. It detects all the threats and malware in your system and takes appropriate steps to make your system free from any kind of threat and malware. But sometimes, you may need to uninstall or disable Avast antivirus software/program from your system because of many possible reasons (switching to other antivirus software, not able to run a specific program, etc). Read the article below and find a detailed answer to “How to Uninstall Avast on Windows 10?” You just need to follow the steps carefully as mentioned to uninstall Avast antivirus software completely from your system. Many users of Windows 10 find the Avast antivirus uninstallation process to be difficult and complex as it may leave behind some residual files and folders. So, find here all the possible methods to remove the Avast antivirus program completely from your Windows 10 system.
Uninstalling Avast program/software manually
Do you have the same question in your mind “how to uninstall Avast Windows 10?” No worries, below are the steps that you need to follow to manually uninstall Avast on Windows 10 system.
Step 1: Open the system’s Task Manager and end all the Avast related processes
- Press the key combination of Ctrl+Shift+Esc and open the Task Manager.
- Go to the Tab of “Processes” and find the Avast related processes.
- Select all the Avast processes then click on the End Task button.
Step 2: Removing the Avast program/software from Apps and Features
- Press the key combination of Windows key+I for selecting the option of Apps. The Apps & Features window will open.
- Find and click on the Avast Free antivirus from the available options then select the option of Uninstall.
Step 3: Remove the Avast program/software and all its residual files
- Make a right-click on the option of File Explorer then go to the View tab.
- Now, click on the Options button then again go to the View tab in the new window.
- Check the box next to the option of Show hidden files, folders, drives.
- Press the key combination of Windows key+R and type “regedit” then click on Enter.
- Click on the option of Edit at the screen’s top and select Find Next.
- Type in Avast in the provided field next to the option of Find What and then click on Find Next button.
- In the end, if you find any of the Avast residual files or folders then make sure to delete/remove them completely.
- Restart your system and enjoy it.
If you have followed all the above-mentioned steps properly but still facing difficulty in uninstalling the Avast program/software. Then, go to method 2 to find an alternative answer for “how to uninstall Avast Windows 10?”
Uninstalling Avast program/software through Avast Uninstall Utility
Avast antivirus software users can also use the Avast Uninstall Utility to uninstall Avast on Windows 10. This utility tool is easily available on the official website of Avast, you can simply download and run it to completely remove the Avast program from your system. Below are the steps to do the same in a proper manner.
Step 1: Firstly, download the Avastclear on your system.
Step 2: Look for the option of avastclear.exe on the screen.
Step 3: Now, start your system in Safe Mode.
Step 4: After the system starts, make a double-click on the avastclear.exe file.
Step 5: Find and click on the Avast folder to remove it.
Step 6: In the end, reboot your system and you will see that the Avast program/software is completely removed from your system.
We hope that our article was helpful in solving your problem of “how to uninstall avast windows 10?” You can also find different possible methods on our website to solve issues such as Avast UI failed to load, Avast won’t open error, etc.
Now, if you have tried all the above-mentioned methods/solutions as per the given steps to uninstall avast on windows 10 but still not getting the desired output/result. Then, you can always reach our ErrorsDoc technicians for further help. Our team is ready to help and assist 24*7 as we believe in achieving greater customer satisfaction and trust.