The AVG (Anti Virus Gaurd) antivirus is one of the most effective antiviruses available out there. But most of the users complain about the few issues faced by it. Be it the installation issue, or error in the updating process. In case you are among those users then you must be wondering How to Delete Avg Antivirus from PC? Do not worry as you can delete the AVG antivirus hassle-free. It does not matter if you are using the Mac Operating System, you can Uninstall Avg Mac as well.
But before you delete Avg From Mac, make sure you do the below-mentioned credentials:
It is normal for users to immediately rush to uninstall the AVG antivirus without pausing it. Hence, you must pause the app before you uninstall it.
How to uninstall Avg from Mac?
Follow the solutions mentioned below to uninstall Avg From Mac.
Solution No. 1
Select Process Concerning:
- Step 1: Find the icon of AVG antivirus on the Dock and once you locate it, right-click on it. Now select the Quit option
- Step 2: Drag the AVG AntiVirus to the desktop, and select the option of Quit from the Apple menu
- Step 3: Now you will have to Launch the Activity Monitor from Dock for which go to the Launchpad or Spotlight
- Step 4: Now type “AVG AntiVirus for Mac” in the search box and choose the process concerning the AntiVirus of AVG for Mac
- Step 5: Select the “X” button that is on the upper left corner
- Step 6: Make a selection on Quit that will appear in the pop-up dialogue box (in case that fails, select “Force Quit”)
Go to the next solution if this was not helpful.
Solution No. 2
Delete AVG AntiVirus from Launchpad
- Step 1: Go to the start option on the extreme left corner of the screen and type “AVG antivirus” in the search box
- Step 2: Once you are able to spot the antivirus, make a selection on it.
- Step 3: Now you have to see the “X” icon that must be on the left upper corner of AVG AntiVirus icon.
- Step 4: Now select on the option of “Delete” once you see the confirmation dialogue box. This will initiate the process of uninstallation
Give a shot to the next solution in case this one was not helpful:
Solution No. 3
Run the built-in uninstaller:
- Step 1: Turn ON your system and begin with the solution
- Step 2: Now go to the start option on the extreme left corner of the screen and type “AVG antivirus” in the search box
- Step 3: Select the option of “Uninstall AVG AntiVirus” that is there is on the Menu Bar.
- Step 4: Now select the option of “Continue” and this will begin the process of uninstallation.
- Step 5: Once the uninstallation process is finished, make a selection Restart to reboot your computer
- Step 6: The users who are not able to trash AVG AntiVirus for Mac, they can uninstall the app in the Safe Mode.
How to uninstall AVG Antivirus From PC?
There are two ways to uninstall the AVG antivirus from the Computer :
- Normal Uninstall process
- Manual Uninstall AVG products using AVG Remover.
Solution No. 1
Normal AVG Antivirus Uninstall process:
Now you may execute the steps mentioned below to uninstall the AVG antivirus from Windows computer:
- Step 1: Make a selection on Start on the taskbar of the screen which is on the extreme bottom left corner. And then, look at the right side and click on Control Panel.
- Or else, go to Start and type “Control Panel” in the search box
- Step 2: You must Double click on the Control Panel to open it
- Now you will have to Add or Remove Programs accordingly if you are a Windows XP user.
- Hit on Programs and Features if you are a Windows 8, 7 or Vista user
- Step 3: Once you are able to see the Program list, you must select the option of AVG application according to your preference for removal. For which, select on it and click “Uninstall”.
- Step 4: When the UAC warning message appears on the screen you must make a selection on “Yes” to continue.
- Step 5: Hit the “Uninstall” option at the AVG uninstaller.
- Step 6: You will be able to witness the option of “Keep me protected with AVG LinkScanner” which you need to uncheck and then click on ‘Next”
- Step 7: When you witness the option of “Remove user settings” & “Remove Virus Vault contents” check the boxes in front of them. End up by selecting the option of Next.
- Step 8: When you see the option of “Activate Windows Firewall” there will be a checkbox in front of it, check it. End by clicking on “Next”.
- Step 9: Press “Next” again at the Uninstall Survey screen.
- Step 10: Now you will have to wait until the AVG antivirus removal process is completed before moving further.
- Step 11: After the completion of the entire process of uninstalling the AVG, select the option of “Restart now (recommended). This will complete the process of uninstallation.
- Step 12: You will have to restart the system and log on to the windows.
Then open the option of “Add or Remove programs” (in new Windows, it is “Programs and Features”) This will help in the confirmation of the AVG products which are not present on the list anymore.
Solution No. 2
Manual Uninstall AVG Antivirus using AVG Remover:
Step 1: You must start by going to the official site of AVG and download the AVG Remover Utility. You have to make sure that you download it according to the version of the Windows you are using. For example, you have to see if it is 32 or 64 bit and the AVG product version is 2012, 2013, etc.
In order to find the version of your operating system, you will have to make the right selection on the icon of “Computer” then select the option of Properties.
Now select the option of “System Type” under the properties window
Let’s imagine that you have a 64bit OS with AVG 2014 installed, therefore you must select the option of downloading “AVG Remover(64bit) 2014” utility.
Step 2: After downloading it to your system you have to save the AVG remover utility to your system.
Step 3: Once you have saved AVG on your system, you must close all the programs that are running to avoid conflict. Now press the “Run” to start the removal of the AVG from the system instantly.
Step 4: In case the UAC warning message appears on the screen, you have to select the option of “Yes” in order to continue the uninstallation of AVG Antivirus.
Step 5: When the window of command appears on the screen with an “AVG Remover – Warning” message, you will have to select “Yes” in order to continue.
Step 6: You will have to wait for a while before the AVG remover finishes removing AVG products from the system
Note: after this, the chances are that the system will perform a restart in order to complete the uninstall process. Once it vis there, you will have to answer in order to run “AVG Remover utility”
Step 7: After the removal process is finished, just go for restarting your system once again
The aforementioned solutions are not exhaustive but are known to be very effective and efficient. Just in case you were not able to find the solution to the issue of “Delete Avg mac” and “How to Uninstall Avg Antivirus from PC” then you must get in touch with a professional. The expert assistance at ErrorsDoc is well-versed with such issues and can provide quick solutions via chat. The entire process is both time and money-saving.