Hulu error code P-DEV 322 is one of the most common Hulu app errors. The following guide explains ways to deal with this error effectively in no time and also throws light on the main causes. So let’s understand how this error occurs. Here we go:
Main Causes Of Hulu code P-DEV 322 Error
There are various reasons why users can encounter Hulu error P-DEV 322 on their streaming devices. It could be an internal bug at Hulu’s end, a poor internet connection, an outdated application, and many more stuffs like that.
Cache helps load data faster. Hulu app stores temporary data and files in your streaming device, which help the application perform effectively. At times, these stored cached data or cookies get corrupted leading to all sorts of streaming problems. It is necessary to delete those temp files regularly to avoid Hulu code P-DEV 322 error.
Connection or Network Issue
Hulu error code P-DEV 322 message pops up in your devices due to the home network issue if it is extremely unstable. Another issue could be your reliance on a public network found at workplaces or airports, which blocks the online streaming application like Hulu to function.
An Outdated Hulu Application
Certain devices such as Android or smart TV, gaming consoles, and others do not have a proper mechanism to update their Hulu application from time to time. Thus, Hulu P-DEV 322 error is very prevalent in such devices. The best fix in such scenarios is to always uninstall the Hulu application and then reinstall it.
An Internal Bug at Hulu’s end
One of the reasons behind the Hulu error code P-DEV 322 message is a temporary bug that develops internally at Hulu’s end. It could be due to an internal outage error or server-down issue. In such cases, one should approach the Hulu support to escalate the situation and the solution would be provided promptly.
Hulu error code P-DEV 322 fix – Solutions
Besides making you aware of the reasons that can cause Hulu P-DEV 322 error on your device, we have compiled a list of ways to fix this issue. Here is what you can do :
Fix 1 – Remove Caches and Cookies
As we discussed above in the causes section, stored caches and cookies get corrupted sometimes leading to a number of problems with the Hulu app. Therefore, fixing Hulu error code P-DEV 322 varies from one device to another. Here, we have tried to cover the most popular devices on which users stream the Hulu application.
- Android or smart TV
- Navigate to the Settings by tapping on the gear icon on your smart TV, and highlight to select Apps option.
- Select Hulu and choose to select the Storage option.
- Now, click on the Clear Cache option and then tap on the Clear Data.
- iPhone or iPad Device
- Tap on the gear icon to launch Settings on your iOS device’s home screen.
- Navigate to the General section and tap on the Storage section.
- You will see all the downloaded applications that your device possesses. Tap on the Hulu application.
- Tap the Hulu application to delete or uninstall from the device,
- Now, download the Hulu app from the iOS app store and freshly install it again.
- Launch the Hulu app and login with your email address and password. Stream the Hulu application, if it is working well.
- Apple TV
- To fix Hulu error code P-DEV 322 on the Apple TV, users have to uninstall and then re-install the application. This is the only way in any smart TV (Android or iOS) to remove cached data and cookies.
- Xbox One or 360
- Go to the menu on the Xbox controller.
- Tap to choose My Games and Apps.
- Now, select the Hulu application from the list of applications installed.
- Hot the Menu button on your controller and tap on the Manage Apps.
- Now, tap on clear saved data to remove cached data from the device.
- Launch the Hulu application and try to see if it fixes the Hulu error P-DEV 322 error or not.
Fix 2 – Check your Internet Connection
An unreliable home network connection (WiFi) or a slow-moving internet connection could affect Hulu’s streaming service and give rise to Hulu code P-DEV 322 error. To sustain smooth video streaming, Hulu requires a seamless connectivity speed of at least 4Mbps.
If you’re getting a Hulu playback error, check the internet speed via www.fast.com . Powered by Netflix, this website assesses the real-time data speed provided by your network connection.
Fix 3 – Try to Power Cycle your device
If you’re getting a sufficient data speed, but still getting P-DEV 322 Hulu error message on your streaming device, you can try rebooting the device. Do the following :
- Turn off your device and try to unplug all the cables and cords associated with it.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds and plug the switch back into the power source. Turn on your streaming device now.
- Launch Hulu on your device to connect. Test any video to stream and see if the error still persists.
Fix 4 – Reinstall the Hulu App
After trying all the aforementioned solutions, if you’re still getting Hulu error code P-DEV 322 on your streaming gadgets, try to delete Hulu and then reinstall it. The purpose of this exercise is to get the latest version of Hulu, as devices like smart TV and gaming consoles do not have any mechanism to update the application.
If you still experiencing the same error after applying all the above fixes, please reach out to us and we will get it resolved in all possible manner. If you see any other Hulu error like Hulu error 94, Hulu error 5003, or any other errors that give you hard time using Hulu, let our technical experts know, we would be happy to help you.