Do you also want to learn how to insert check mark in Word? Then you have come to the right place. In this guide, we will cover everything from ways to use check mark symbol in Word 2016 to how to put check mark in Word and where is the check mark in Word.
So let’s read and find out how. Here we go:
How to Insert Check Mark in Word?
The “is there a check mark symbol in Word?” question can catch users off guard. However, the truth is that Word has a check mark symbol feature. A built-in menu for symbols comes in Microsoft Word by default. These symbols include the checkmark icon. The how to put check mark in Word thought can pose a variety of questions to users.
Therefore in this guide, we are going to cover a few simple methods on how to use check mark symbol in Word 2016, 2013, and 2010. Since Microsoft Word can be accessed on Windows and Mac, you will learn the methods for using the check mark in Word Mac as well as on Windows. Without any further ado, let us quickly jump on all those methods that teach you to use how to insert check mark in Word.
Method 1: Use Box with Check Mark in Word on Windows
If you want to learn how to check mark a box in Word on Windows, look for the following steps mentioned below:
- To begin, launch the Microsoft Word desktop app and open the existing document or block document.
- Next to this, you need to target the place where you want to add the checkmark and click on the area.
- When you see the blinking cursor in between your document, you need to click on the Insert tab located on the top menu bar.
- Thereafter, you are required to click on the Symbol option that appears under the insert tab.
- Doing so, you will see a chart of symbols in which you can pick the check mark icon. To use other symbols, you can click on the More Symbols to view more.
This is how you can successfully add the check mark box in Word. In case, you are unable to find the check mark in the Symbol menu, look for the following steps on how to get check mark in Word.
- First of all, target the area where you want to add the check mark.
- When you click on the Insert tab, it shows the Symbols option.
- Here, you need to click on the More Symbols.
- Then, click on the Font text field.
- At this point, you are required to type wingdings 2 and then hit the Enter button.
- Once done, you can scroll down to discover the check mark and click on it.
- After this, you can click on the Insert option.
If you want to know how to check mark in Word, this can be the other trickiest way to insert check mark in Word 2013 or 2016.
Method 2: Use the Character Map on Your Windows Computer
This particular method focuses on the Character Map desktop app available on Windows computer or laptop. Here, you just need to launch it on and run to get the check mark symbol in Word 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- As the first step, you are required to click on the Windows logo located on the bottom left. This will bring up the Start menu.
- Here, you can type ‘Character Map’ in the search bar. This will show the Character Map desktop app in the result.
- Then, this app can be launched by clicking on it.
- Doing so, you will see the interface with the Font drop-down menu.
- You can click on the Font drop-down menu and scroll down until you find ‘Wingdings 2’.
- Once you find Wingdings 2, click on the checkmark icon which might be located in the third row.
- Thereafter, you can click on the Select option that appears below in the Symbols window.
- After selecting the checkmark, do not forget to hit the Copy button (next to Select).
- Now, you can open your existing or the new document in Word and place the cursor where you wish to add the checkmark.
- As the last step, you can click on the blinking cursor to paste the copied checkmark. As an alternate option, you can also use Ctrl + V keys on your Keyboard.
Method 3: Use Check Mark in Word Mac
If you are curious to know how to insert check mark box in Word on a Mac computer then you can look for the following steps.
- Firstly, you can open the existing document or start with the new document in Word.
- Now, you need to place the cursor where you wish to check mark box in Word.
- After that, you can click on the Insert tab located in the top menu bar.
- Under the Insert tab, it shows Symbol with Advanced Symbols.
- You can click on Advanced Symbols to view all the available symbols.
- When the Symbols windows open, you will see the checkmark on which you can click.
- In case you cannot find the checkmark then you can click on the Font drop-down menu and type Wingdings 2. This will show you the checkmark selecting which you can click on the Insert button.
Using this check mark symbol in Word shortcut, you can easily put the checkmark anywhere you want in your document.
Method 4: Use Emojis & Symbols Option on Mac
On Mac computers or laptops, Microsoft Word provides advanced features such as Emojis & Symbols using which you can insert check mark symbol in Word. To get started, do the following.
- To add check mark box in Word, you need to open your document in Microsoft Word.
- Next to this, you are required to place the cursor where you wish to insert check mark in Word 2013.
- Thereafter, you can go through the menu bar on the top and click on the Edit option.
- Under the Edit option, you will find the Emojis & Symbols option.
- Clicking on the Edit & Symbols option will bring up the Character Viewer page. You can expand this window to view characters properly.
- On the left, you will see the Bullets/Stars option on which you can click in order to show a check mark symbol.
- Above all, it shows Font Variation. You can select your checkmark and this will automatically take place in your document.
Now you would surely know where is the check mark in Word. The aforementioned methods not only have a focal point on how to put check mark in Word on Windows but insert check mark in Word Mac as well.
With the different ideas and tricks, you can easily add a check mark symbol in Word 2016, 2013, and 2010.
Besides learning to insert check mark in Word, we have more interesting tutorials on Microsoft Word. Read more to know about how to remove section break in Word. Also, if you like to experiment with cool fonts, learn here how to add fonts to Word document