Netflix error 40104 is yet another Apple-specific error typically pointing out the network connectivity issue that bars your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the Netflix streaming. While connecting to Netflix, users may encounter the following message on their screens:
|Cannot play title. Please try again later. (40104)|
What causes error 40104 Netflix on your iOS Device?
One of the most common reasons for Netflix’s 40104 error is an internal outage caused by Netflix. But it is very rare that Netflix streaming goes down. In addition, there are various reasons for this issue such as :
- An outdated Netflix application on your iOS device.
- Using a public network to stream Netflix.
- Using satellite internet or cellular network data to use Netflix.
How to fix Netflix Error Code 40104
To fix Netflix’s 40104 error, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps in order to ensure smooth Netflix streaming on your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device.
Make sure that your network provider supports Netflix
There are high possibilities of getting Netflix 40104 error on your Apple device due to the following:
If you are using an office, hotel, school, library or hospital public WiFi network
- Check with the network service provider that the streaming service application such as Netflix is supported and not compromised intentionally.
- Public network consumption at times comes with limited bandwidth.
If you’re using mobile data network or satellite internet
- Try to switch to a different network. Mobile data or satellite network receives slower connection speeds than any WiFi network.
Reboot your Apple device
Netflix streaming may have been compromised on your Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch due to Netflix error code 40104. All you need to do is restart your device by following these steps :
- Press and hold one of the side buttons along with the volume button together until the slider pops up, then drag the top slider to turn off your device.
- Wait for 20-30 seconds, then press the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Now drag the slider.
- Once the device is turned on, try to connect Netflix and see if it is working.
If still, Netflix is giving you a 40104 Netflix message as an error, proceed to the next step.
Uninstall and then reinstall the Netflix app again
Always ensure that Netflix error 40104 has not been caused by an outdated version of the app. If it is, try to remove the Netflix app from your iOS device and install it again.
Please note that deleting the Netflix application from your Apple device will also delete any titles from your device you have downloaded to watch while you’re offline. Also, you will require your Apple ID and password to reinstall the app once it has been removed.
Follow these steps to reinstall the Netflix application:
- From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch device, long tap the Netflix app until it shakes.
- Tap the X in the top left corner of the Netflix icon to delete.
- Go to the iOS app store and search for the Netflix application to download.
- Tap the cloud icon. You will need your Apple iTunes ID and password to install the Netflix application on your device.
- Once installed, tap to launch the Netflix application.
- Enter your email address and password for your Netflix account to Sign in.
- Check to see if Netflix is working.
If you’re still struggling to connect to Netflix streaming, feel free to connect to our customer support agents. Also for any other Netflix errors such as Netflix code TVQ ST 103 or Netflix error 30103, we are there for you.
Despite the COVID-19 crisis, we are still providing uninterrupted services to our customers, as thousands of our customer support agents are now working from home, making it possible to support your queries and concerns. Approach us via calls, email, or chats and we will provide all the help you require in a timely manner. To deal with the situation, we are also offering live chat and online Help Center support anytime and every time.