Streaming the huge library of movies on Netflix is so exciting. This excitement may not last long when the problem of Netflix not working hits your device. Surely, you do not want a bug to spoil your movie time with Netflix. So, It is time to get help from the experts and quickly clear the Netflix not working error.
This is the best blog you will find with solutions covered for a majority of devices. From smartphones and smart TVs to gaming consoles and computers, in this blog, we will tell you the fix for Netflix not working along with instructions that are way too easy to follow.
Before we do that, it would be useful to understand why does Netflix not work. So, let us see what we have got in the next section.
Why is Netflix not Working?
There can be numerous reasons for Netflix not working. In this section, we have provided a list of 9 reasons for understanding the usual causes of this problem with Netflix.
1. The best guess is that the Netflix server may be down.
2. The problem may be with the device on which you are using Netflix and not necessarily with the application.
3. The error of Netflix not working could be due to a faulty internet connection.
4. The latest updates for Netflix may not have been installed.
5. Using a device for Netflix that does not have an updated operating system can make it troublesome to stream the application.
6. The Samsung device’s “Instant On” feature can also be a source of the problem of the Netflix app not working on Samsung TV. Disabling this feature can remove any conflicts with the Netflix server.
7. You may also report Netflix not working on Xbox. That may be because of the Xbox Live service being down.
8. Netflix can stop working on your Apple TV due to several reasons, such as unavailability of network connection or not having the latest software updates.
9. For Netflix not working on smart TV, the fault can be with the internet or there may be a minor bug in the Netflix app.
23 Fixes for Netflix not Working
In this part of the blog, we have provided 23 solutions to fix the problem of Netflix not working on multiple devices, such as android devices, iPhone, Samsung Smart TV, Roku TV, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Apple TV, Smart TV, etc. Follow these simple solutions and get back to watching your favourite movies in no time.
Fix 1: Restart Device
Restarting your device is a basic solution when Netflix does not work. For this:
1. Power off your device.
2. Wait for some time before you restart your device.
3. Launch Netflix after restarting your device.
The fault will have been settled by now.
Fix 2: Check Service
One of the first things to do when Netflix doesn’t work is to check whether this streaming platform is up for services. In case the server is down, we will suggest you to just wait for the Netflix services to resume.
Fix 3: Check Internet Connection
If you’re wondering why is Netflix not working then do make sure to check your internet connection. Your wifi connection or cellular data may be down or may have accidentally been put in the Airplane mode.
Fix 4: Reboot Router
For those of you thinking “why is my Netflix not working despite the internet connection”, let us tell you that the fault could be with the hardware network. Rebooting your router will solve the problem easily. Follow the 5 steps given below to learn how to reboot your router.
1. Unplug your router as well as the modem.
2. Then for 30 seconds before you plug in the devices.
3. First plug in the modem and then again wait for a minute.
4. Now plug in in the router and allow it to boot for 2 minutes.
5. After the booting is complete, Netflix will start working.
Fix 5: Re-login Application
Logging out and logging in again is the shortest solution for Netflix not working. Look at the 3-step procedure given below.
1. “Sign out” of the Netflix application.
2. Then “Sign in” again.
3. Play a movie on the Netflix application. The error may have been settled by now.
Fix 6: Update Application
Is your Netflix app not working? Updating Netflix is a simple fix for this problem. We will tell you how to update Netflix on an Android device as well as an iPhone.
Netflix app for android not working:
To update Netflix on your Android device:
1. Open the “Google Play Store” application.
2. Press the icon of “Menu” and tap on “My Apps”.
3. If you see the label of “Update” on the “Netflix” application in “My Apps”, then that means an update is available.
4. Now choose “Netflix” and press “Update”.
5. Restart your device and then open the “Netflix” application. It will now start working.
Netflix App not working on iPhone:
To update Netflix on your iPhone:
1. Go to the “Home” screen and press the icon of “App Store”.
2. Next, press the icon of “Profile”.
3. Now find the “Netflix” application and press “Update”.
4. You may be required to fill in your iTunes password.
5. Launch the Netflix application once the update is complete and watch the movies you love.
Note: The above method is suitable for iOS 13 and above. In case your device supports iOS 12 or below than that, go to the “Home” screen, tap on “Apple Store”, then select “Updates”, and tap “Update”. If required, enter your iTunes password and then relaunch Netflix.
Fix 7: Reinstall Application
When you experience trouble streaming on Netflix, reinstalling the application can help. This procedure is only 4 steps long.
1. Uninstall the Netflix application from your device.
2. Download the Netflix Application again.
3. Open the application and sign in to your Netflix account.
4. Now play a TV show or movie. The problem may have been fixed.
Fix 8: Remove Multiple Device Usage
Often, it has been found that using a Netflix account on multiple devices can be the answer to your question “why does my Netflix not work”. So, even when your membership supports the usage of one Netflix account on many devices, problems can occur with the Netflix servers. If that is the case, we will advise you to sign out from your Netflix account on all your devices and then try to use it on a single device. This solution may work well for you.
Fix 9: Update Operating System
Is Netflix not working on Samsung TV? Or are you facing the problem of Netflix not working on smart TV, iPad, or other such devices? The real culprit could be the operating system of your device. Netflix may halt you from streaming when the latest updates for the operating system have not been installed. Therefore, we will recommend you to download the latest updates available for the operating system of your device to quickly eradicate the problem of Netflix not working.
Fix 10: Check with ISP
Your internet connection may be working, all the latest updates for the device’s operating system may have been installed, the Netflix application may have been updated with the latest version, and yet the Netflix not working error could disappoint you. It will be a great idea to contact your internet service provider and get the problem fixed.
Fix 11: Netflix not Working on Samsung Smart TV
The problem of Netflix not working on Samsung TV can be fixed by following the 3 detailed troubleshooting steps given in this section.
1. Turn off your Samsung Smart TV and then remove the plug for at least 30 seconds. Then turn on your TV. Allow it some time to reset. If the problem persists, move to the next step.
2. Disable the feature “Samsung Instant On”. For this, go to “Settings” and then tap on “General”. Now press the “Disable” option. In case the Netflix not working error does not solve, move to the third step.
3. Perform a hard reset. For this, you will need the assistance of the Samsung technical support team. So, we will suggest you to get in touch with their team and get the needful assistance.
Fix 12: Netflix not Working on Roku TV
Deactivating and then reactivating application is the best fix for Netflix not Working on Roku Smart TV. In addition to the Roku TV, we will also be telling you the procedure to perform this fix on Roku 1, Roku 2, Roku 3, and Roku 4.
To Fix Netflix not Working on Roku Smart TV, Roku 3, Roku 4:
1. Open the Netflix application.
2. Go to the “Netflix Menu” by moving the cursor to the left.
3. Next, tap on “Settings”.
4. Now click on the option of “Sign out” and confirm “Yes”.
To Fix Netflix not Working on Roku 1:
1. On the Roku controller, tap the “Home” button.
2. Then select “Settings” and go to “Netflix Settings”.
3. Press “Disable”.
To Fix Netflix not Working on Roku 2:
1. Go to “Home Menu” and highlight the icon of the “Netflix” application.
2. Then tap the “Star key” on the device’s remote.
3. Tap on “Remove channel”.
4. Click on “Remove channel” again to continue with the deactivation.
Once the connection to the Netflix application has been deactivated on Roku, reactivate it and then play any movie. This procedure will have fixed the error.
Fix 13: Netflix not Working on Xbox One
In case you are facing inconvenience playing Netflix on Xbox One, you can consider trying the solution given below. This solution can be performed in just 6 steps.
1. First, ensure that “Xbox Live” is not down. For this, go to the official web page of “Xbox Live Status”. When you see a green checkmark beside “Xbox One Apps”, you can be sure that Xbox Live is working. However, if there is no checkmark visible next to “Xbox One Apps”, the services may be down. In case it is down, it may not be possible to use the Netflix application. You will have to wait until the services resume.
2. The next step is to quit the Netflix application on your Xbox One. For this, tap on the circle with the “X” button on the controller. This will open the guide.
3. Next, choose “Netflix” from the list showing the recently used applications. The Netflix app will get highlighted.
4. Now press the “Menu” button on the controller.
5. Tap on “Quit” from the popup menu and “Netflix” will be closed.
6. Open it again and stream a movie. The bug will have been sorted.
Fix 14: Netflix on PS3 not Working
For those of you experiencing problems with the Netflix app on PS3, completely deleting and then reinstalling it will be an awesome fix. Take a look at the 7-step procedure for this.
1. Go to the “XMB Home” menu.
2. Next, go to “TV Services” or “Video Services”.
3. Press the “Netflix” app’s icon, hold the “Triangle” button, and then press the “X” button to delete.
4. Now select “Game”, scroll to the icon of “Game Data Utility”, and tap the “X” button.
5. Choose the “Netflix” app’s icon and hit the “Triangle” button. Then choose “Delete” and tap the “X” button.
6. Visit “TV Services” or “Video Services” again. You will still find the “Netflix” app’s icon there. Select it and hold the “X” button for reinstallation.
7. Now open “Netflix” and stream as usual. Netflix not working problem will have been fixed.
Fix 15: Netflix not Working on PS4
When you are trying to stream Netflix on PlayStation 4 but the service seems to be unavailable, you can perform the simple method we have laid here.
1. First, be certain that PSN or the PlayStation Network is not down. Visit the official status page of PSN to check its status. When PSN is down, you will have to wait for some time. If the PSN is available, move to the second step.
2. The next step is to quit Netflix on PS4. Doing so will refresh the application and clear away any bugs. To close the application, go to the “Home” screen of your PS4.
3. Tap the “Options” button on the controller.
4. Select and tap on “Close application” from the popup menu that appears.
5. Now reopen the Netflix app. The bug will have been surely removed.
Fix 16: Netflix not Working on Apple TV
The issue of Netflix via Apple TV not working can be settled with the 7 troubleshooting steps given in this section.
1. First, check that your Apple TV is connected to the internet. Open the “Home” screen of your Apple TV. Select “Settings”, tap on “Network”, and check if it says “Connected” under “Connection”.
2. Next, unplug the device and the TV to which it is connected for at least 2 minutes.
3. Plug in both the devices and turn them on.
4. Now play Netflix. In case it doesn’t allow you to stream, move to the next step.
5. Press the center of the touchpad. The Netflix app’s icon will shake. Then tap the “Play” or “Pause” button and press “Delete”.
6. If the Netflix not working issue persists, go to the “Home” screen of your device. Select “Settings”, then select “System”, and click on “Software Updates”.
7. Next, tap on “Update Software” and then click on “Download and Install”.
Fix 17: Netflix not Working on Smart TV
Users often ask us “why is Netflix not working on my smart TV?”. The fault could either be with the network connection or the application. Check the following 4-step method to fix this.
1. The basic step is to ensure that your smart TV is connected to the internet.
2. Then go to the error screen, choose “More details”, tap on “Reload Netflix”, and stream the app again.
3. When the problem doesn’t resolve, visit the error screen, choose “More details” or go to “Settings”. Click on “Reset” and then tap “Sign Out”/”Deactivate”.
4. Sign in again and stream the app. Netflix will now start working as usual.
Note: In case the issue of Netflix not working on smart TV still exists, you can relaunch the application and restart the home network.
Fix 18: Netflix not Working on Sony Smart TV
Updating your Sony Smart TV is one of the best ways of doing away with this problem. This procedure to fix Netflix not working on Sony Smart TV is really short and simple. Take a look at the 4 effortless steps we have mentioned below.
1. Ensure a proper internet connection.
2. Restart the router in case of a wireless network.
3. Also, check that your Sony Smart TV has the latest firmware update.
4. Then update the Netflix application and reload it.
Fix 19: Netflix not Working on TV
For those of you who are thinking “why is Netflix not working on my TV”, you should know that this is a very common error and can be fixed with simple solutions. Below we have provided a solution along with easy step-by-step instructions.
1. Unplug your smart TV for at least 30 seconds.
2. Then turn off the TV and turn it on again. Now start afresh.
3. If the problem persists, go to “Settings”, tap on “General”, and then disable “Instant On”.
Note: In case the Netflix not working on TV error does not resolve, you can go for a hard reset of the device. You will require the assistance of Netflix technicians for this purpose.
Fix 20: Netflix App not Working on iPhone
Are you facing trouble playing Netflix on your iPhone? We will tell you a 6-step fix for the Netflix app not working on iPhone that can be performed in less than five minutes.
1. First, update the Netflix app. Visit the “App Store” and tap “Updates”. If an update is available for Netflix, then install it.
2. Check the internet connection. A poor connection will halt the Netflix app from working properly.
3. Now reset the Netflix app. Go to “Settings” on your device and select “Netflix”.
4. Turn on the “Reset” button. Also, remove any downloaded titles.
5. Launch Netflix from the “Home Screen”.
6. Sign in to your Netflix account and then use it as usual. Any faults will have been fixed by now.
Note: This method can also work well for Netflix not working on the iPad.
Fix 21: Netflix not Working on Firestick
Firestick and Netflix make an unbeatable combination but not when the streaming comes to an abrupt stop. So, when Netflix does not work on Firestick, consider trying this quick procedure given below to clear application cache data.
1. Press the “Home” button on Firestick and go to “Settings”.
2. Choose “Applications” and head to “Manage Installed Applications”.
3. Find and select the “Netflix” app.
4. Now go to “Clear Data”. Select “Clear Data” twice to continue clearing it.
5. Now go to “Clear cache” and select it.
6. Once the data and cache have been cleared, unplug the Firestick from your TV and wait for at least 30 seconds.
7. Now plug it in and check whether the device still shows Netflix not working.
As an excellent alternative, you can also update Firestick firmware. Follow the steps given here to learn how to update the Firestick firmware.
1. Go to the “Home” screen and select “Settings”.
2. Then click on “System” and select “About”.
3. Check if any firmware update is available for Firestick. Available updates will be downloaded automatically here.
4. Next, you will be required to install the system update and then restart the device.
Fix 22: Netflix not Working on Vizio Smart TV
Smoothly stream all the movies and shows you want with this great fix for Vizio Netflix not working. Here we will teach you how to power cycle the Vizio Smart TV in 4 steps.
1. The basic step is to turn off your Vizio Smart TV.
2. Next, you have to detach the power cord of the device from the main powerpoint.
3. Now hold the power button of the device for 15 seconds and the device should not be plugged in.
4. Attach the power cord of the device again and start the TV. The problem of Netflix not Working on Vizio Smart TV will have been settled.
Fix 23 : Netflix Download not Working
For Netflix download not working on your device, the reason could be an outdated network driver. And if the network drive is up-to-date, then we will suggest you to reinstall the Netflix application. This fix can be performed in the following way.
1. First of all, restart your device.
2. Install updates for your network driver.
3. The third step is to reinstall the Netflix application.
4. Lastly, restarting the router or modem can also help. For this, turn off the router or modem and disconnect the power cables for a minute. Then reconnect the power cables and turn on the router or modem.
5. Now launch the Netflix application and stream uninterrupted.
We learnt many procedures to fix the issue of Netflix not working on so many devices. We bet, whenever you face this trouble on any device, our guide will definitely be the ultimate source of help.
We are the experts at solving all kinds of Netflix errors. Do let us know if you are facing the Netflix error 40104 or Netflix error code m7353 5101 in your device. We have already prepared the best guides to provide you great assistance within minutes.