In Microsoft Word, an image can be rotated easily following a variety of ideas. If you are in quest of learning how to rotate a picture in Word document, this guide will enlighten you with numerous helpful methods.
This particular guide covers the following versions:
- How to rotate picture in Word 2007
- Rotate picture in Word 2003
- How to rotate a picture in Microsoft Word 2013
- Rotate picture in Word 2010
How Do I Rotate a Picture in Word?
With different and manipulative techniques, you can easily rotate a picture in Word 2013 and older. For instance, you can rotate the image using your mouse, rotate an image by precise degrees, or use a 3-D rotation technique. So here is a procedure discussed below that you can follow manually. And whichever method you find easy to use, continue using that.
How Do You Rotate a Picture in Word?
As mentioned earlier, you can perform different kinds of techniques to rotate a picture in word 2010 or older. There are three types of methods following which you can understand the idea of how to rotate a picture in Word. Let us get started.
Method 1: Use Mouse to Rotate Picture in Word
If you want to learn how to rotate a picture in Word document, you can use the most simple idea; use your mouse to rotate images.
- As the first step, you can open your Word document in which you have inserted an image or create a new document and add images.
- In order to rotate the image, you can click on the image. Once you do so, you will see the box with edges around the image.
- On top of the image, it shows a circle using which you can rotate the image.
- In the next step, you are required to click and drag the circle in order to rotate the image in the desired direction.
- While moving the image, you need to look for the direction and release the mouse when you find the image position right.
- As an alternate option, you can rotate the image using the Shift key.
This is how you can rotate picture in Word 2003 or later with the help of the mouse. However, it becomes tough sometimes to move the mouse to rotate an image as it might not give a precise orientation. To avoid such dissatisfaction, you can switch to another method in which you can rotate an image by precise degrees.
Method 2: Rotate Images by Degrees
If you want to learn how to rotate a picture in Word document, you can use the Picture Tool provided by Microsoft Word. Let us know how to use that.
- After you open your document in which you have added an image, you need to click on the image. Doing so it will select the image so that you can perform the next step on the image.
- Next to this, you are required to click on the Format tab which is located on the top menu bar.
- Now, you can click on the Rotate option that appears on the right.
- At this point, you will discover Four preset angles such as Rotate Left 90, Rotate Right 90, Flip Horizontally, and Flip Vertically.
- When you click on the More Rotation Option, you will be able to rotate the image with a specific angle. All you need to specify the angle/number in the Window.
Note: Adding a positive number will rotate the picture to the right whereas, for the negative numbers, the image rotates to the left.
- Once you are done specifying the angle, you can hit the OK button to apply your actions. And, this will successfully rotate the image smoothly without messing up.
Method 3: Use a 3-D Rotation Technique
This particular method works for Word 2007 or later versions so if you want to know how to rotate picture in Word 2007 or later then you are supposed to follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, make sure that you open your Word document in which you have the image.
- Then, you can click on the image in order to select it and apply actions.
- As the next step, you need to click right on the image. This will show you a few options in which you can click on the Format Picture option.
- When you select Format Picture, it brings up the panel on the screen.
- At this point, you can select the 3-D Rotation option that appears on the left in the Format Picture window. Depending on the Microsoft Word version, the 3-D Rotation option can be found in a different location in the window. (In most of the versions, it appears below.)
- Thereafter, you will see the presets for 3-D rotation. Here, you can select any of them which you find appropriate for your image rotation.
- Next to this, you will find rotation degrees based on X, Y, and Z rotation. These rotations work as follows.
- X Rotation will rotate the picture up and down which seems like the image is flipping.
- Y Rotation will rotate the picture side to side which seems like the image is turning, and
- Z Rotation rotates the picture clockwise.
- You can also enter the desired degree in the text field. This will give you the exact rotation as per your requirement.
Once you are done selecting the preset for your image, you can close the window. This will apply your actions on the image in Word.
Microsoft Word provides flexible tools to its users so that one can organize or modify their documents in Word. In case you were looking for a guide on how to rotate a picture in Word, the aforementioned methods are the best solutions to your question. You can apply different tricks and tools on images such as rotating the image using the mouse, rotating an image by precise degrees, or with the help of a 3-D rotation technique in Word.
Besides, we have more tutorials on how to rearrange pages in Word to organize your document like professionals. Also, if you want to learn to insert check mark in Word, you can read our more articles.