In Microsoft Excel, users hide rows in order to hide unwanted or sensitive data from the other users. However, when you update the sheet, you might need to unhide the rows you have hidden before. If you are in search of a guide on how to unhide rows in excel, you are on the right platform. Here you will learn different ways to unhide rows in an Excel sheet.
How Do You Unhide Rows in Excel?
To unhide rows, you can implement different types of methods. For instance, you can use the Ribbon option, use shortcut keys, right-click menu options, or with a double click idea to show hidden rows. Besides that, you can also learn how to unhide specific rows, multiple rows, all rows, or the top rows in Excel.
How Do I Unhide Rows in Excel?
If you are thinking how do I unhide rows in Excel, you would love to know that Microsoft Excel provides you a lot of features within the program through which you can easily unhide rows in Excel.
In this particular guide, you will find these methods for the following concerns in Microsoft Excel.
- How to Unhide Rows in Excel?
- How to Unhide all Rows in Excel 2016?
- How to Unhide multiple Rows in Excel?
- How to Unhide top Rows in Excel?
Let us tackle the above-mentioned questions one by one.
How to Unhide Rows in Excel?
To unhide rows in Excel, one can follow numerous options such as Ribbon option, shortcut keys, right-click menu option, or double-click option. Below we will understand these different ways with a manual procedure. Let us go through it.
Option 1: How Do You Unhide Rows in Excel using Ribbon Option?
Using the Ribbon option, you can quickly unhide rows in an Excel sheet. This is the most basic and traditional method to unhide rows. All it requires you to navigate through the menu toolbar. So if you are willing to know How to unhide rows in Excel then you can go through the following steps.
- First of all, make sure the Excel sheet is opened where the rows are hidden.
- Then, you can go to the Home tab.
- When you see the Cells group, you can click on the Format option.
- This will show you more options where you can click on the Hide & Unhide option.
- Once you do so, click on the Unhide Rows option.
To learn how to unhide Excel rows, the above-mentioned steps are the easiest method to perform.
Option 2: Unhide Rows in Excel Shortcut
If you are thinking that Excel can’t unhide rows, you are wrong. Microsoft Excel allows you to navigate through the tool menu bar provided by Microsoft Excel. To make your task easier, you can simply use shortcut keys to unhide rows. If you want to unhide rows in Excel shortcut then you can press Ctrl + Shift + 9 keys together. By using this key combination you can view rows that intersect.
Option 3: Unhide Rows in Excel 2010 with Right Click
Most users think that Excel won’t unhide rows with the context menu. But in reality, it does. With the help of the right-click option, you can unhide rows in Excel. To make it happen, you need to select the rows that you want to unhide. It may include all the rows below and above. Once done with the rows selection, you can click right. This will show you a few options in which you can click on the Unhide option. When you are done, the hidden rows will be shown on the sheet again.
Option 4: In MS Excel, Unhide Rows by Double Clicking
The fastest way to unhide hidden rows in Excel is to double click. To get started, you do not need to select the rows in Excel. All you have to hover the mouse over the rows that are hidden. When you see split two-headed rows, you can click twice using your mouse on the row. This will unhide hidden rows in Excel.
How to Unhide All Rows in Excel 2016?
If you want to learn how to unhide all rows in Excel 2016 then you can follow the steps mentioned down below.
- In Excel, you can click on the icon that resembles the Select All button. It is located on the top left corner of the Excel sheet.
- As an alternate option, you can use Ctrl + A key combination on your keyboard.
- When you are done selecting the whole sheet, you can pick any of the following ways to unhide rows.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + 9 key combination to unhide all the rows.
- Alternatively, you can select all the rows and click right to choose the Unhide option.
- Or, go to the Home tab and click on the Format. Then, you can select the Unhide Rows option.
So if you are thinking that Excel can’t unhide rows, try the above-mentioned steps to solve the problem.
How to Unhide Multiple Rows in Excel?
If you are struck by questions such as how to unhide row 1 in Excel 2010 or How to unhide multiple rows in Excel then do not worry. You can unhide multiple rows as well. All you have to be careful while selecting the rows. After selecting the rows, you can apply the unhide methods as we discussed above. To select the multiple rows in Excel, you can look for the following steps.
- First of all, select the rows below and above to show the adjacent rows.
- For multiple non-adjacent rows, you can select all of the rows from the first and last visible rows.
Once you are done selecting all the rows, you can apply the traditional method to unhide rows as mentioned above (Go to Format tab, click Unhide Rows, and select Unhide option). So, if you think Excel won’t unhide rows, choose this method to unhide multiple rows in Excel.
How to Unhide Top Rows in Excel?
When you cannot unhide rows in Excel, especially the top row then you can try this method. If you are willing to know how to unhide top rows in Excel, you can go through the following steps discussed below.
- To get started, you can go to the Home tab.
- Then, you can click on the Editing group and select Find & Select option.
- After this, you can click on Go To.
- This will bring up the dialog box. Here, you can type A1 and hit the Enter button.
- When you select the cell A1, you can unhide the top row following the usual way (Go to Format tab, click Unhide Rows, and select Unhide option).
- Alternatively, you can use the Ctrl + Shift + 9 combination key.
If you are thinking rows won’t unhide in Excel, pick this simple solution to unhide the top rows in the Excel sheet.
Hiding rows in Excel is super easy. But if you want to know how to unhide all rows in Excel 2016 or how to unhide multiple rows in Excel then you can follow the traditional way to unhide rows or use other helpful ways such as shortcut keys, right-click the selection, or double click option.