Don’t know how to open ASPX file on Windows 10? Then don’t worry!
We bring to you the following guide that explains what is ASPX file and how to open it on Windows 7, 8, and 10 PC along with ways to view an ASPX file online and save it as PDF on your Windows PC. So what are we waiting for? Let’s check it out:
Understanding the ASPX File
Introduced by Microsoft, ASPX is used as an extension for active server pages. The .aspx files are a bunch of source codes and scripts designed to instruct a browser open and display contents in a particular manner.
Or, in simple words, it is a language that your browser understands and, accordingly, processes to execute instructions entered by a user. However, .aspx files are not supported by Windows due to which you cannot open it. To open these files, you must do a few things that we have outlined below:
Method 1: Convert ASPX File to PDF
To open ASPX file online, you can try converting it into PDF.
Tip: Since it is an internet media type document so it will be easier for you to view an ASPX file using multiple internet browsers. It can include Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and others.
To use these internet browsers and run ASPX file online, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Find the ASPX file on your computer and “Right-click” on it.
- Click on the “Open with” option from the menu.
- Select “Google Chrome” under the “Open with context menu”.
- Click on “Google Chrome”. This will open the .aspx file on your Chrome browser.
What if Google Chrome is not available?
- In case “Google Chrome” is not available in the menu option, you can click on the “Choose another app” option.
- Then, browse under the “Program” file.
- Select the “Google Chrome” folder. This will allow you to choose the Google Chrome application to view .aspx file type.
In case you use Windows 7 on your PC and want to know how to open ASPX file then you can follow these steps:
- Find the .aspx file on Windows 7.
- Double click on .aspx file. This will show an error pop-up saying “Windows can’t open this file”.
- Select “Select a program from a list of installed programs” option.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Browse to choose “Google Chrome” from the list.
This way you can view the .aspx file in browser but if you want to save ASPX file to PDF on your computer then you can do the following:
- Make sure that your ASPX file is opened in Chrome or other web browsers.
- Then, press the “CTRL” + “P” key. This will open the “Print” page.
- Click on “Destination” and choose “Save as PDF
From the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Save” button.
This will convert or save your .aspx file type into .pdf format. And, now you can access the converted file anytime on your Windows 7, 8, or 10 computers.
Special Tip: To convert .aspx file to .pdf, you can also use online PDF converters. Doing so, you can upload multiple .aspx files at once (taking care of the maximum file size) and convert them into PDF in bulk.
So if you are thinking about how to open ASPX file on Windows 7, 8, or 10, the above-mentioned steps are here to help you out.
Method 2: Rename the ASPX File
Have you ever been struck by this question “how do I open an ASPX file in PDF?” If yes then this method is only for you.
When your Windows cannot open the ASPX file, you can simply rename it. By renaming the ASPX file from ASPX file to PDF, you will be able to open and view your .aspx file properly. To rename the file, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
Before renaming the .aspx file, make sure that your computer is set up in a way so that you can view the file extensions. Let’s know how to do that.
- Press the “Windows” + “R” key on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run box.
- Then, type “control folder” in the text field.
- Click on the “OK” button or press the “Enter” key on your keyboard. This will bring a “File Explorer Options” window.
- Switch to the “View” tab.
- “Uncheck” the box “Hide extensions for known file types”.
- Click the “Apply” button.
- Click on the “OK” button.
Now that you can see the file extension on your computer, you can rename the file from ASPX file to PDF by following these steps:
- Locate the .aspx file on your computer and right-click on it.
- Choose the “Rename” option from the context menu.
- Now, you can change the file extension from ASPX to PDF.
- You will see the prompt to confirm your action, click “Yes”.
This will change the file extension from ASPX to PDF. And finally, you can view and read the PDF file. However, renaming the .aspx file might corrupt the content and do not show content in PDF format. If that is the case, you can use other ways we are discussing in this guide.
Method 3: Open ASPX File with Adobe Reader
One more way to view your .aspx file is to open it with Adobe Reader. Although you need to make sure that the software (Adobe Reader) is installed on your computer.
If you are wondering how to open an ASPX file in Windows 10, you can follow the steps discussed below:
- Right-click on the “Start” menu on your computer.
- Click on the “View by” option located on the top right of the window.
- Choose “Small icons” and click on “Default Programs”.
- Click on “Associate a file type or protocol with a program” and search for the “.aspx” protocol.
- Click on “Change program” and choose “More apps”.
- Now, go to the “Adobe Reader” program and click on the “OK” button to switch the program.
After implementing these steps, you will have set your file with Adobe Reader. This will help you to view the ASPX file. Adobe Reader also supports other file formats through which you can view the different file formats such as .aspx file extension.
Tip: To view the .aspx file, you can use other third-party programs such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Adobe Dreamweaver, Notepad++, and more. These ASPX viewer software programs support .aspx file extension and allow you to read the content with no error. All you have to do is install and run any of these programs on your PC to open the .aspx file.
ASPX file cannot be opened on Windows PC. But using some easy tricks, you can instantly open and read the ASPX file. The best and easy solution is to open the .aspx file using Google Chrome and save the file as PDF. This allows you to open the ASPX file in the future if needed.
Apart from this, you can rename the .aspx file extension as .pdf. If you want to make things quick, you can switch to some online PDF converters or download ASPX file viewer programs on your Windows computer. All these ways allow you to open a .aspx file easily.
If you want to know more about Windows tweaks, read the following guides: