How To Fix Asus Laptop Sound Not Working Issue
Asus laptops are known for smooth functioning and do not create many problems for its users. But any device if mishandled or not taken care of while using can create minor problems. So does Asus laptop, the minor issues are reported every now and then. One of the recent ones that raised concerns among the customers was that the Asus laptop sound not working. Since most of the customers were worried about this issue, we thought of sharing some foolproof methods to troubleshoot these issues.
Why sound is not working on my Asus laptop and what should I do to troubleshoot the error?
Well, there can be many reasons for this minor issue. Some of the reasons might be innocent as forgetting to unmute while some may be major. To find out you will have to execute the following solutions that have been briefed with easy steps:
Solution No. 1: Check Asus Laptop Settings:
We know this may sound obvious but this might be the most innocent mistake that you have been making while going nuts over this minor issue;
- To begin with, make sure your Asus laptop is turned ON.
- Play something on your laptop
- If the sound does not play then you will have to go to the sound icon on the taskbar and see if you have to mute it.
- You will be able to see a red cross on the speaker icon if it has been muted.
- If you are using external speakers, make sure you Unmute them as well
- Once you have unmuted both you will be able to hear the sound on playing a video or audio
- To check, play a track or something of your choice
Move to the next solution if this did not help you:
Solution No. 2 – Check Volume in the Application:
There are some sites and programs that have separate volume control. It does not matter whether your speakers are set to play at the volume you must unmute the application as well.
- Play the audio or video of your choice
- Now, make sure to turn the volume according to your preference
Try the solution mentioned below if you were not successful with this one:
Solution No. 3 – Restart Your Laptop
- There are times when an issue occurs at the time of starting of Windows which can be unnoticeable.
- You must restart your laptop in order to get rid of these issues which must have occurred during the last startup
Go for the solution mentioned below if this did not work for you:
Solution No. 4 – Check the Sound Drivers
- To execute this solution begins by hitting the option of Start that is on the lower-left corner of the screen
- Type device managers in the search bar or locate it in the list
- Now go for Sound, video and game controllers
- Make sure that there is no exclamation mark in red colour next to the option of Sound, Video and Game controllers
- Now you will have to update the sound card drivers
- To make sure that no problem occurs in this one, go to the official website and download the latest drivers
- You must note down the manufacturer and the model to execute the process
If this one did not help you, give a shot to the next one:
Solution No. 5 – Check the Cable Connections Of Your Laptop
The Asus sound not working can be possible because there must be a device connected to the other port. If you have connected an earphone or headphone you will have to disconnect the device.
This issue can also exist due to the usage of the HDMI video card as this HDMI video card is not the default audio device.
If you want to change the settings for this one execute the following:
- Go to the Start option on the taskbar of the screen (lower-left corner)
- Type Control Panel in the search box in front of you
- Now make a selection on it
- Go to the option of Sound
- Now you may select the Playback tab
- Locate the device that is labeled as Speakers
- Make a selection on that and choose it to “Set Default”
- This step will make sure that the sound is going through the HDMI cable to your monitor
- The computer with a separate sound card or plus built-in audio on the motherboard will require correct output device selection on the Playback tab
You must have got the solution by now but we have some more methods for those have not:
Solution No. 6 – Microsoft FixIt Troubleshooters:
- Make a selection on Find and fix playing sounds at first
- After that, locate and solve the issues that are there with the devices and hardware
- Thus will fix the common sound and hardware issues on your Asus PC
- The Windows in-built Troubleshoot can help you fix any sound issues
- Make a selection on the option of Start that is on the taskbar at the extreme left corner of the screen
- Now type “Troubleshoot” in the search box in front of you
- You will witness the “Playing Audio”
- Make a selection on it and make it run through the troubleshooter
You can try the solution mentioned below if this did not help you:
Solution No. 7 – Update the BIOS if Asus Sound not Working in Windows 7, 10:
Follow the steps mentioned below to update the BIOS as well if Asus sound not working in windows 7 & Windows 10 :
- In case nothing mentioned above worked for you then you must update the BIOS of your Asus laptop
- This might be because you must have updated your Windows 7 and the BIOS is old
- Go to the official website of the manufacturer of the laptop and download the latest BIOS for your system
- Enable the sound card after entering the BIOS
Most probably your problem must be fixed now but in case it has not, then move to the next solution.
Solution No. 8 – Reinstall the Sound Device:
- Go to the Start option on the taskbar
- Now type “Device Manager” in the search box in front of you
- Once you locate it, make a selection on it
- Right-click on the Sound device
- Now Uninstall the device
- Shut down your system
- Once you restart the system you will be able to see that the Windows will reinstall the sound device automatically.
The aforementioned solutions for Asus laptop sound not working are not exhaustive but will help you get a solution in a jiffy. But by any chance, if you were not able to get to the solution then you can expert assistance by getting in touch with a professional. The experienced technicians at ErrorsDoc can help you with the issue via chat itself. This process has been acclaimed by many customers.