The problem of Asus touchpad not working is not a very major one. Even when you might think that this problem is too complex to be solved, our fixes will make it much easier for you to troubleshoot it. In this post, from the causes of this issue to its tested fixes, we have covered it all. So, let’s read beyond.
Why is My Asus Laptop Touchpad Not Working?
4 usual causes of the touchpad of your Asus laptop not working include the following.
1. The touchpad feature may have been disabled on your laptop.
2. The trackpad in your Asus laptop’s BIOS may have been disabled.
3. Mouse drivers can often prevent the touchpad from working.
4. The drivers may not have been updated on your system.
How to Fix Asus Laptop Touchpad Not Working?
We have 7 fixes to help you in clearing away the problem of Asus touchpad not working. These fixes have been tried by our experts to test how effective these are in clearing this problem. Read all the sections of this blog to explore each of these fixes.
Fix 1: Ensure that Touchpad is Enabled on Your Asus Laptop
The problem of the Asus touchpad not working is seen the most when the touchpad of the laptop has not been enabled. You can open the settings of your Asus laptop and enable the touchpad. It will then start working. See the right way to enable the touchpad in 8 steps.
1. Turn on your Asus laptop at first.
2. Now, open the settings of Windows by pressing the “Windows” key and “I” key together.
3. Once the Windows “Settings” open, choose “Devices”.
4. Choose “Touchpad”.
5. Now, click on the “Additional Settings”.
6. Next, you have to ensure that the checkbox in front of “Enable Touchpad” is ticked.
7. Now, click on “Apply” followed by “Ok”.
8. When all the steps are complete, check your touchpad to see whether it is working now.
Fix 2: Enable Trackpad in the BIOS of Your Asus Laptop
The Asus synaptics touchpad not working issue can be observed when the trackpad has not been enabled in the BIOS of the laptop. Sometimes you may have enabled the trackpad in the BIOS but due to a firmware update, this option might have got disabled. To know how you can enable the trackpad in the BIOS of your Asus laptop, read the 4 steps given below.
1. Press the “Delete” or “F2” key repeatedly for ensuring whether or not this is the cause of the problem.
2. Every motherboard comprises different BIOS layouts. You have to look for “Internal Pointing Device” or something similar to this option. Also, make sure that this option has been enabled.
3. You will be able to locate it under the option of “Advanced”.
4. Now, choose the option of “Save Changes and Exit” to end this one.
At the end of this procedure, the touchpad of your Asus laptop will start working.
Fix 3: Remove Mouse Drivers from Your Asus Laptop or PC
Some users of the Asus Eee PC find a mouse more comfortable than the touchpad. For using the mouse, mouse drivers are required. Installing these mouse drivers may cause the touchpad not working Asus Eee PC problem. Removing the mouse drivers can be a great solution for this problem. For executing this fix, look at the 5 steps given below.
1. Turn on your Asus laptop.
2. Now go to the “Start Menu”.
3. Type “Device Manager” in the “Search Box” and press “Enter.
4. Next, find and choose the option of “Mice and Other Pointing Devices”.
5. In “Mice and Other Pointing Devices”, look for the mice installed and uninstall all the mice to disable it.
When the last step has been successfully performed, you will not face any issues with the touchpad of your Asus laptop.
Fix 4: Update Drivers on Your Asus Laptop
In this section, we will be disclosing the fourth fix. This fix is quite effective for the issue of the Asus VivoBook touchpad not working. Here, we will guide you with removing the drivers of your system to settle this issue. The steps of this fix are mentioned as follows.
1. The first step is to start your Asus laptop.
2. Then click on “Start”.
3. Search for “Device Manager” and open it.
4. In the “Device Manager”, choose the option of “Touchpad” from the list.
5. Next, you have to ensure that the option of the touchpad is enabled.
6. Then select “Update Driver”.
7. Look for any updates available for the drivers and install them.
8. After installing the updates, use your laptop’s touchpad. It will have been fixed by now.
Fix 5: Roll Back Touchpad Driver on Your Asus Laptop
For those of you who have the Asus ZenBook, you can also experience this problem. This problem is usually caused by the Windows of your system. To fix the Asus ZenBook touchpad screen not working problem, we will advise you to roll back the touchpad driver of your system. In case you have no idea of doing the procedure for this, the following 4 steps will help you out.
1. Go to “Start” when your Asus laptop is on.
2. Type “Device Manager” in the “Search Box” and press “Enter”.
3. Now, right-click on the “Device Manager” and choose “Properties”.
4. Select the option of “Roll Back Driver”.
When you get the previous version of the driver, the problem will be resolved.
Fix 6: Disable Tablet PC Input Services on Your Asus Laptop
Many hybrid laptops come with the touchscreen. In such laptops, the Tablet PC Input Service is responsible for controlling the stylus functionality. The Tablet PC Input Service may cause interference with the functioning of the touchpad. Thus, resulting in the problem of the Asus Eee touchpad not working.
Disabling the Tablet PC Input Service is an intelligent workaround for this problem. Find below the steps to disable this service.
1. Start your Asus laptop and press the “Windows” key and “R” key together.
2. After this, type in “services.mac” in the Run dialog box.
3. You will find a list from which you have to locate the “TabletInputService” or “Tablet PC Input Service”.
4. Right-click on the “TabletInputService” or “Tablet PC Input Service” and click on the option of “Disable”.
5. Now, check your laptop’s touchpad. You will be able to use it without any issue.
Fix 7: Re-enable Touchpad on Your Asus Laptop
This section contains the fix for the Asus sonicmaster touchpad not working issue. Before we tell you about this fix, you should know that one of the rare causes of this problem is disabling the “Fn” key. When a user accidentally disables this key, the touchpad can also get disabled.
So, the simple solution for this problem is to press the “Fn” key along with the other “Function” key. And the touchpad will get enabled. Try to use the touchpad of your Asus laptop now. It will work as usual.
How to Fix Asus Touchpad Scroll Not Working Windows 7 Problem?
You need only 1 fix for removing the issue of the Asus touchpad not working from your laptop. This fix involves turning on the scrolling feature on your Asus laptop Windows 7. Find out exactly what you need to do for performing this fix in the following section.
Fix 1: Enable Scrolling Feature on Your Asus Laptop Windows 7
For troubleshooting the problem of the Asus touchpad scroll not working Windows 7, we will suggest you enable the scrolling feature. The 9 steps given below will guide you in enabling this feature.
1. Click on “Start” on your Windows 7 computer or laptop.
2. In the “Search Box”, type in “Mouse”.
3. Right-click on “Mouse” to choose the “Mouse Properties”.
4. Then go to the “Device Settings” tab.
5. Choose the “Touchpad”.
6. Next, tap on “Settings”.
7. Tap on “Virtual Scrolling”.
8. Tick the “Enable Scrolling” box.
9. Then press “Ok”.
Now, you have successfully enabled scrolling on your Asus laptop Windows 7. Use it without any problem.
How to Fix Asus Laptop Touchpad Scroll Not Working in Windows 8?
The issue of the Asus touchpad not working on your Windows 8 laptop can be resolved in 2 ways. You can update the touchpad driver of your Asus laptop and enable the scrolling function. Doing so will get your touchpad working again.
To learn the steps for these fixes, keep on reading.
Fix 1: Update Touchpad Driver on Your Asus Laptop Windows 8
Troubleshooting the Asus laptop touchpad scroll not working Windows 8 issue requires you to update the touchpad drivers. Before downloading the updates, you will have to uninstall the driver and then install it again with the latest version. Take a look at the following 9 steps for doing this fix in the right manner.
1. On your Asus laptop Windows 8, press the “Windows” key together with the “R” key.
2. In “Run”, type in “devmgmt.msc”.
3. Choose the “Properties” of the touchpad driver.
4. Go to the “Uninstall” tab and tap “Ok”.
5. Choose the “Setup” file.
6. Choose “Properties”.
7. Go to the “Compatibility” tab.
8. Tick the checkbox for “Run this Program in Compatibility Mode”.
9. Then click on “Windows 8”.
At the end of this fix, the touchpad of your Windows 8 Asus laptop will work smoothly.
Fix 2: Enable Touchpad and Scroll Function on Your Asus Laptop
It is quite common for the users to disable the touchpad scrolling unknowingly. If the same has been done by you too, then simply enable the scrolling function and the Asus touchpad scroll not working Windows 8 problem will be settled.
1. On your Asus laptop Windows 8, go to the “Touch Pad Settings”.
2. Check whether the option of “Use Scroll Function” has been ticked.
Now that this scroll function has been enabled, you will not encounter any problem while using the touchpad of your Windows 8 Asus laptop.
How to Fix Touchpad Not Working on Asus Laptop Windows 10 Problem?
The users of Windows 10 sometimes complain about the issue of the Asus laptop touchpad not working. Enabling the touchpad option on the Windows 10 Asus laptop is a smart way out of this problem. Let’s read more about this fix in the section that follows.
Fix 1: Ensure Touchpad is Enabled on Asus Laptop Windows 10
Among the most basic fixes is checking whether the touchpad option has been selected on your Asus laptop Windows 10. Here is a procedure that can help you in checking whether this option has been chosen. In case it has not been chosen, then you can use the same procedure for selecting it to fix the problem of the touchpad not working on Asus laptop Windows 10.
1. Open the “Settings” app on your Asus laptop Windows 10.
2. Then tap on “Devices”.
3. Tap on “Touchpad”.
4. Now, click on “Additional Settings”.
5. Check whether the option of “Enable Touchpad” has been selected. If not, then choose it.
6. Then press “Apply” and click on “Ok”. Now, check your touchpad.
Asus Laptops Compatible with these Fixes
The fixes that we have provided in this blog are also suitable for other models of Asus laptops like the ones mentioned in the following table.
|Asus X540L Laptop||Asus GL552VW Laptop||Asus S400C Laptop||Asus X502C Laptop|
Is the touchpad of your Asus laptop working now? We feel happy that your problem has been resolved. Also, trust us to help in resolving the problem of your Asus router not working. Read this post now!