The Error 0xc00000e9 is a known Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error that occurs on Windows 10 computers. The Error Code 0xc00000e9 usually occurs during Windows 10 startup and the blue screen indicates that “The Windows have encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer”. However, the good news is that there are ways to fix the error 0xc00000e9 manually.
Reasons behind PC error 0xc00000e9
The error code 0xc00000e9 is a hardware error pertaining to your computer’s BIOS settings. This error may be triggered either due to an incorrectly unplugged removable storage device or due to faulty hardware.
Ways to resolve the issue
Follow the below mentioned steps to manually resolve the issue or call our Windows support number 1-844-851-9487 for instant help and support:
Solution 1: Check hardware compatibility of your computer
- Disconnect all the external devices connected to your PC, except your mouse and keyboard, and then restart your computer.
- Check if the error has been resolved.
If the error still persists, follow the nest solution steps.
Solution 2: Change your BIOS settings
- Shut down your computer.
- Press the Power button to reboot your computer.
- Press ESC, F2, F12 or Delete key to enter the BIOS setting.
- Once you enter the BIOS Setup Utility screen, go to Boot options.
- Make sure that your hard drive is the first boot device is, else move it to the top.
- Save your changes, and reboot your computer.
This should fix error 0xc00000e9.
Solution 3: Update your drivers
Issues with drivers can also cause the error 0xc00000e9. To fix the error, verify that all your device drivers are up to date, else update the once that are not.
Solution 4: Run a disk check
- Boot your computer into Safe Mode.
- In the search box, type cmd.
- Right click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Now type chkdsk /f /r and press Enter.
- Press Y to complete the process.
That’s it. By following these steps, you should be able to fix boot BCD 0xc00000e9 error on your computer. However, if you are a novice or need help while performing the above mentioned steps, feel free to call our expert technicians at our Windows helpline number 1-844-851-9487 and get instant help in resolving the error message. For best results, call now!