Fix Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xc0000225
All versions of Windows operating system has a clear and even booting path. Therefore, any obstacle at the beginning or along the path seriously affects how the OS behaves. It might even cause an error to occur during booting. The failures that occur are presented to people in the form of an error code with a message that tells you about the problem. One of the booting issues is the ‘error code 0xc0000225’.
When this error occurs, in most of the cases, a blue screen Error arrives with a message “Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.” It may be possible to receive a message indicating “An unexpected error has occurred, Your PC needs to be repaired.” This error mostly occurs after you have updated your Windows 7 to Windows 8 or to Windows 10. You will able to use the updated version for several days but after that, windows will start showing problems in starting or booting.
It is more common with Unified Extensible Firmware Interface hard disks that have a GUID Partition Table scheme than with the traditional Basic Input Output System that has Master Boot Record (MBR) scheme.
Problems caused by Error Code 0xc0000225:
- Slow performance of your computer,
- Regular freezes,
- Regular program lock-ups and
- Problems when starting or shutting down your computer.
You have to take some serious step to resolve this problem because you don’t want your Personal Computer to get corrupted. You can follow these methods to remove this error from your PC:
- METHOD 1- RUN STARTUP REPAIR TOOL
This tool is very effective in this error. The startup repair tool scans your system and tries to repair any damaged files to correct any glitches in the BCD. The tool is really easy to use and get.
- Firstly, insert your Computer’s OS installation media in the appropriate drive.
- To apply this tool, you should always shut down your computer before restarting it.
- Press any key before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
- Always firstly choose your preferred language and keyboard options before clicking on “Repair my Computer”.
- Let the tool to scan your computer before selecting your installation from the list the tool presents.
- Select “Startup Repair” from the recovery options.
This tool will automatically resolve the problem by scanning your PC. The only thing that you have to do will be “restarting your PC”.
- METHOD 2- USING COMMAND PROMPT
This method is a little bit similar to the above method.
- Firstly, insert your computer’s OS installation media in the appropriate path.
- To apply this method, you should always restart your computer and after that press any key before Windows logo appear on the screen.
- Select your preferred language and other options.
- Click on “Repair my computer” that will appear on the screen.
- Select “Troubleshooter” option then “Advanced Options” and after that “Command Prompt”.
- Type “diskpart” and press Enter to load the utility.
- Select the volume labelled ESP and press Enter.
- Assign any letter to the volume (Z) and press Enter.
- Press “Exit” on your keyboard to go back to command prompt option.
- Type “bcdC:\windows/s Z:/f UEFI “and press Enter to open UEFI environment boot files.
- Close the command prompt and then restart your computer.
After this method, the error should get resolved but if you are still facing any problem then you should try the other method.
- METHOD 3-REBUILT BCD MANUALLY
This is one of the most effective methods on Error code 0xc0000225.
- Insert your computer’s OS installation media.
- After that restart your computer and press any key before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
- Select your preferred options and language.
- Select “Repair my Computer”.
- Select the installation location, which is normally “C drive”.
- Click “Next” before selecting “Command Prompt” on the recovery options screen.
- Type “bootrec/rebuildbcd” and hit Enter.
- Select “Yes” when the command asks to add Windows Installation.
- Lastly, restart your computer to check whether the error is resolved or not.
- METHOD 4- DISABLE ELAM
- Firstly, insert your computer’s OS installation media in the appropriate drive.
- Then restart your computer and press any key before the appearance of Windows logo.
- Choose your preferred language and other options.
- Click on “Repair my computer” that will appear on your screen.
- Select “Troubleshooter” option and then “Advanced Options”.
- Navigate to “Startup Settings”.
- Lastly, Click on “Disable early launch anti-malware protection”
- Restart your computer closing all the opened tabs.
- METHOD 5- DELETE EMPTY PARTITIONS
Empty partitions can cause confusion in your PC which welcomes Errors.
- Click on “Start”.
- Then Go to “Control Panel”.
- Select the “Manage your Computer Settings” option.
- There, Search and find the empty partition (EFI).
- Delete it before closing all the tabs.
- Restart your PC to check the error is resolved or not.
After following one of the above given solutions, the error will most probably get resolved from your system but, if these methods don’t solve your problem then the last option is to change your hard drive or visit an IT person.