Aero comes with numerous features like Windows, translucent title bars, live thumbnails, and overall, a wonderful experience for the users. Due to some reasons, however, you may want to disable Aero Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10. If you need help to disable Windows Aero in different versions, then we are all set to assist you.
In this blog, we will be teaching you different ways of disabling Aero in several versions of Windows. In addition to that, if you want to enable Aero at some point, then we will be sharing the solutions for that as well.
Disable Aero Windows 7 and Windows 10
If you want to disable Aero shake or disable Aero theme, then our methods will really come in handy. In the upcoming sections, you will get to know the simplest of methods to disable Aero on Windows 7, Windows 8, as well as Windows 10. In each of these methods, we have provided a set of instructions for you to perform the procedures correctly.
Method 1: How to Disable Windows Aero Completely in Windows 7?
In this section of the blog, we will teach you how to disable Windows Aero Windows 7. For disabling Windows Aero completely on your Windows 7 computer, you will be required to access the personalization control panel. The details of this method have been shown here. Take a look at them.
1. First, you need to open the “Personalization control panel” on your Windows 7 system.
2. Click on the right side on the “Desktop”.
3. Select the option of “Personalize” going below the “Contextual menu”.
4. When the “Personalization control panel” opens, click on the option of the blue “Window”.
5. Now, ensure that the “Enable Transparency” checkbox has not been selected.
6. Click on the “Save Changes” button.
7. Make sure that the changes have been saved properly.
Now, you will experience opaque Windows, also the previews of the Windows will be likewise. Along with that, you will see that the taskbar is not transparent below the window.
Method 2: How to Disable Windows Aero Temporarily in Windows 7?
Sometimes, you may feel the need to disable the functionalities of Aero for a temporary period. Turning off Aero for a temporary period is a quick process as compared to the permanent one. It involves adjusting the applications that you wish to run without using Aero. You will have to make certain changes to your computer to run it normally. For those of you who have no clue how to disable Windows Aero temporarily, this 8-step procedure will be very useful.
1. Firstly, search the “Launcher” for your program.
2. Click on the right side of it.
3. Select the “Properties” option going below the “Menu”.
4. Wait till the “Properties” window loads completely.
5. Click to go to the “Compatibility” tab.
6. Then click on the “Disable Desktop Composition checkbox”. With this, Aero will be disabled until the specific application is launched.
7. At last, click on the “Apply” button to save the changes to your launcher.
8. Then check whether the changes have been applied or not.
Note: There will be no change while performing this method but while launching another application, Aero will be disabled for a short time just like you wanted it to.
Method 3: How to Disable Windows Aero Windows 7 by Selecting a Design Theme?
Many of you might not know that it is possible to disable Windows Aero by choosing a design theme. This method is quite easy. Check out its 6 steps given below.
1. On your Windows 7 system, open the “Start” menu.
2. Then click on the “Control Panel”.
3. Go to the “Appearance and Personalization” section.
4. The next step is to click on the option of “Change the theme”.
5. Select the theme you wish to.
6. Now, choose “Windows 7 Basic” or “Windows Classic”. You can find this option under the “Basic and High Contrast Themes”. Finally, Aero will have been disabled on your Windows 7 system.
Method 4: How to Disable Windows Aero on Windows 8?
Of all the methods that are available for disabling Aero on Windows 8, the one given here is the simplest. In just 5 short steps, you can perform this method and disable Aero quickly.
1. Open the “Tools” on your Windows 8 computer or laptop.
2. Click on the option of “Autostart”.
3. Then click on “Task”.
4. The next step is to tap “Disable task for Aero glass”.
5. Finally, restart the OS to apply these changes.
Method 5: How to Disable Aero Peek on Windows 10?
Let us learn to disable Aero Peek on Windows 10 by visiting the properties from the taskbar. This method requires you to do 6 simple steps.
1. On your Windows 10 system, place the cursor on the bottom right corner. Right-click on it.
2. Locate the “Peek” option and uncheck it.
3. You can also right-click on the Windows “Taskbar” as an alternative.
4. Then click on “Properties”.
5. Then remove the tick from “Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop”.
6. Then click on “Apply” and press “Ok”.
Enable Aero Windows 7 and Windows 10
In the previous sections, we discussed how to disable Aero in Windows in simple ways. For those of you who would like to use the features of Aero once again, we will be sharing the best ways to enable it. These methods will be the most suitable for the users of Windows 7 and Windows 10.
Method 1: How to Enable Aero Windows 7 via Themes?
Here is a 5-step procedure to help you enable Aero on your Windows 7 computer. In this method, you will be required to choose a theme and Aero will get enabled in a moment.
1. On your Windows 7 computer, go to “Start”.
2. Then click on the “Control Panel”.
3. Now, head on to “Personalization”.
4. Locate the “Aero Themes” category. Choose any one of its themes.
5. You can also go to the “My Themes” category. In case you have saved a personalized theme of Aero, you can choose that.
Now, Aero will have been enabled on your Windows 7 system. You can continue to use your system as usual.
Method 2: How to Enable Aero by Selecting a Design Theme on Windows 7?
To enable Aero Windows 7, you can pick any of the Aero themes and it will start working once again. Learn how to pick an Aero theme on Windows 7 in 5 steps.
1. When your Windows computer or laptop is on, go to the “Start” menu.
2. Go to the “Control Panel”.
3. Click on the section of “Appearance and Personalization”.
4. Now, click on “Change the theme”.
5. Choose the theme you want to from the “Aero Themes”. Now, Aero will be enabled on your Windows 7 system.
Method 3: How to Enable Aero in Windows 10?
1. Open the “Run dialog box” on your Windows 10 computer or laptop.
2. Type in “sysdm.cpl” and press the “Enter” key.
3. When the “System properties dialog box” opens, click on the “Advanced tab”.
4. Then click on “Settings”. You will find this option in the section of “Performance”.
5. Now, go to the “Visual Effects” tab and click on “Enable Peek” or “Enable Aero Peek“. Now, Aero will have been enabled on your Windows 10 computer or laptop.
6. Then tap the “Apply” button.
7. Finally, click on “Ok” to exit.
This blog has been useful for enabling as well as disabling Aero on several versions of Windows like Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Let us know in the comment section below which method you preferred the most.