How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0X80070057 Instantly?
Software installation involves certain risks and the user encounters errors if not done in a proper way. Similarly, when the user installs Windows 10, they face several issues. Also the users can face problems related to Windows update that is common to the previous Window versions. The Windows update error code 0x80070057 falls in the same category. The user should not delay in resolving the error. Follow the below solutions to fix the update error 0x80070057.
Windows 10 Error 0x80070057
It is one of the oldest Windows update error that the users encountered with the Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1 etc. The same problem is faced by the Windows 10 users now. And the possible reason for the occurrence of error 0x80070057 is corrupt/damaged update elements. This error comes along with some error messages.
In case Error 0x80070057 crops up and unexpectedly hinders the Windows update process you can follow the below mentioned process to fix the error. The below mentioned steps helps to fix the Windows Update error, 0x80070057 in Win 10. Follow the steps in the given sequence to fix the error successfully.
Method #1: Freshly Name the SoftwareDistribution Folder to Resolve Update Error 0x80070057
As per the users of Windows 10, by freshly naming the SoftwareDistribution folder the error can be fixed easily. Go through the below steps:
- To open the run dialogue box use Windows key+R key.
- Enter command %SystemRoot% and press enter.
- Go down the SoftwareDistribution folder and name it freshly to SoftwareDistributon.old.
- Restart your computer to check the changes updated.
Method #2: Implement the System File Checker Utility
When you locate the corrupted/damaged/broken systems files associated with the error code 0x80070057, you need to run the System File Checker utility feature (SFC) to mend and restore the files. Follow the below listed steps to execute the process:
- Go to Start and in the search box type command.
- Use Ctrl + Shift at the same time and press enter.
- Click on Yes.
- Write “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: With the help of the System File Checker tool the system files are thoroughly scanned and diagnosed corrupt or damaged so that further the files will be repaired.
- Restart your computer to check the changes.
Method #3: Make Changes in the Registry
The Windows Registry can also be altered to fix the error 0x80070057. Follow the below listed steps in the given sequence.
- To open the run dialogue box you need to hold Windows key + R key together.
- Write regedit and click Enter.
- Use Windows +R key together.
- Write notepad -> press OK.
- Go to the notepad, paste the below lines that are copied.
- Registry Editor Version: 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX]
- Save the file.
- Configure the type of files to All Files and save this file as wufix.reg at Desktop location.
- Finally run the wufix.reg file, and acknowledge the prompts to fix the error code 0x80070057 in Win 10.
Method #4: Re-Configure Windows Update Repository
The user is authorized to reconfigure the Windows Update repository to fix the Windows 10 error code 0x80070057. You can perform this manually by landing to the Microsoft’s official website.
Method #5: Reset Windows
The final way is reconfiguration of Windows to fix this Windows 10 error. It is suggested that the user should turn off windows firewall to view the resolutions of the update error 0x80070057.
In case the above suggested solutions fail to fix the Windows 10 error you need to reach the Window technical experts as soon as possible. Also you can approach the proficient Windows expert team at ErrorsDoc.com. This reputed support agency offers round the clock support for all Windows related errors and queries. They assure quick resolution in a minimum wait time. Call to the toll free phone support number 1-844-851-9487 and acquire instant support.