How To Flip Your Screen Upside Down Or Sideways In Windows 10 And 7 Laptop
You have often tilted your smartphone’s screen upside down or sideways while watching videos or playing games. But did you know that you can flip your laptop’s screen upside down or sideways too to enhance your gaming or movie viewing experience? Whether you want to view graphics from another angle, adjust an awkwardly-mounted screen, or simply play a prank on a colleague, turning your turning your computer screen upside down or sideways in Windows 10 and 7 laptops is easy to do.
In this article, we’ll show you some simple ways to rotate your computer screen to portrait mode as well as shortcut to flip computer screen back to normal. For additional help and support, you can get in touch with our expert technicians at +1-844-414-5222. Available 24X7, 365 days a year, they can help resolve all your Windows 10 and 7 computer issues remotely for unhampered work and productivity.
Ways to flip your computer screen upside down or sideways
Method 1: Use the shortcut keys
If you have a graphics adapter, you can use keyboard shortcuts to quickly flip your Windows 10 and 7 screens.
- Press Ctrl+Alt + ↓ to flip the screen upside down.
- Press Ctrl+Alt + → to rotate the screen 90° to the right.
- Press Ctrl+Alt + ← to rotate the screen 90° to the left.
- Press Ctrl+Alt + ↑ to return the screen to the standard orientation.
However, if the shortcut keys doesn’t work for you, you need to follow one of the methods mentioned below.
Method 2: Rotate your Widows 7 or Windows 10 PC screen via Control Panel
Like the aforementioned method, changing your computer’s screen orientation via Control Panel is equally simple and can be easily performed even by a novice user. For this,
- Press the Windows key and type in “Screen Resolution” and press enter.
If you are using Windows 7, then click on Start, go to the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization and select Adjust Screen Resolution.
- Go to the display drop-down box and select Portrait or Landscape in the Orientation field.
- Once you have made the selection, click OK to apply the changes.
- To return back to the landscape mode, press Escape key from your keyboard.
Method 3: Rotate the screen using your graphics card’s control panel
You can rotate your computer’s display using your graphics card’s control panel too. Right clicking on the desktop screen and choosing the appropriate option will give you access to your graphics card – Intel, Nvidia or AMD. Alternatively, you can press Win+R and type ‘dxdiag’ to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to know your computer’s graphics card.
If you have an NVIDIA graphics card:
- Right click on the desktop and select “NVIDIA Control Panel”.
- Under the ‘Display’ category, select ‘Rotate display’ from the left menu.
- Select the display in which you want to rotate your computer screen.
- Choose the orientation you want the display to use and press OK.
If you have an AMD or ATI graphics card:
- Right click on the desktop and select “Catalyst Control Center”.
- Under the ‘Common Display Tasks’, select ‘Rotate Desktop’.
- Select the display you want your computer screen to rotate to.
- Select the orientation and press OK.
Not able to rotate your desktop screen?
There could be instances where you are not able to flip your Windows 7 or Windows 10 desktop screens with any of the methods mentioned above. The most common reason due to which your display won’t rotate is outdated drivers. Updating your graphics card drivers to the latest ones can help resolve the issue. For this,
- Visit the NVIDIA or AMD website (depending on the graphics card being used on your computer).
- Using the auto-detect tool, scan your computer for your graphics card.
- Download and install the latest drivers using the Installer.
- Try rotating the display to check if the issue has been resolved.
If you are not able to update your graphics card drivers or need help to flip your desktop screen, call us. Dial our toll free Windows support number +1-844-414-5222 and allow our technicians to fix all your Windows related issues at the comfort of your home or office. We assure guaranteed first call resolution of all issues, in the minimum time possible. So call us today and enjoy hassle-free remote tech support assistance for complete peace of mind.