How To Reset Windows 10 Password Without Disk & Using Command Prompt
All of us have been in a situation where we have forgotten passwords to our accounts, mobile phones and even our computer systems! It happens with almost everyone at one point or another! It is very frustrating and inconvenient whenever you boot your system and when it asks for the password, you remember nothing about it! Thankfully there are many ways to reset the passwords to recover our accounts. Here we are going to discuss how to reset Windows 10 password without disk.
How To Reset Admin Password In Windows 10
There is a built-in administrator, present by default in every Windows. You can also use other local admins to log in to the system and then reset the windows 10 password. After logging in, you can follow different steps to either reset password by Command Prompt.
However, if you so not have an alternate local admin account and your system is completely locked, you can reset your password by creating a Reset Disk using an USB by using another accessible system. Let’s not see how to reset windows 10 password:
Method 1: Reset Windows 10 Password Using command prompt
- On the lock screen of your system, under the password input box, select the Alternate Login option.
- Choose another local administrator account, or the built-in default administrator account and sign in through them.
- After successfully logging in to the system, open the Command Prompt by typing ‘cmd’ in the search bar and selecting the option that comes up. This will open the ‘Command Prompt with Admin Rights’ as you are logged in with the admin account.
- You can also open Command Prompt by pressing the ‘Windows+R’ keys to open the Run window and typing ‘cmd’ to open the Command Prompt.
- Once the Command Prompt window is opened, type the command ‘net user <username> <new password>’ to change the password of the user. Type the name of the account in place of username> and type the new password for that account in place of <new password>.
- To execute this command, press enter.
- The password for the Windows 10 admin will be reset.
Method 2: Reset Windows 10 Password Using USB
- Open an alternative system which is accessible to you and download the ‘Windows Recovery Tool’ in that system.
- Insert an USB drive in the system to create a reset disk.
- Run the Windows Recovery Tool and choose the option for USB device.
- Make sure your USB device is completely empty so as to not lose and important data.
- Select the ‘Burn USB’ option and wait for the burning process to end.
- When the burn is complete, eject the USB from the system and insert it into the locked Windows 10 system.
- Now you have to boot the system from the USB device. To do so, go to the reboot option.
- Reboot the system and press the booting key, for example F12, which varies for different laptop brands to open the booting option.
- Select the USB password reset disk.
- Now when you restart the system, a window will appear which will allow you to reset the password of the user that was locked.